A new slideshow software with realtime Ken Burns effect

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by felix, Sep 19, 2006.

  1. felix

    felix Guest

    Hello everyone,

    I would like to introduce here my new software for displaying your
    photos as a slideshow. It uses Pixel Shader technology to add Ken Burns
    / fade-in / Sepia effects in realtime. These fancy effects now don't
    need any process of building into DVD or EXE files. Upon my
    investigation, it's the very first slideshow software to utilize Pixel
    Shader, which is already widely used in games.

    The software has been listed on Download.com and will be included on PC
    Pro magazine. Please feel free to download and try it out here:
    http://to.eki.to/memoryshow/download/MemoryShow-Pro_Setup.exe

    Detailed information:
    http://to.eki.to/memoryshow

    Felix Lin
    felix, Sep 19, 2006

  2. felix

    Helen Guest

    "felix" <> wrote in message
    > Hello everyone,
    >
    > Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

    You wouldn't like my main suggestion, but as a secondary, how about sticking
    your spam up your slideshow?
    Helen, Sep 19, 2006

  3. In article <>, Helen
    <> writes

    >"felix" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello everyone,
    >>
    >> Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
    >>

    >You wouldn't like my main suggestion, but as a secondary, how about sticking
    >your spam up your slideshow?

    Seems a bit hard. IIRC, a low key mention of free software relevant to
    the group is generally regarded as acceptable usage.

    David
    --
    David Littlewood
    David Littlewood, Sep 19, 2006
  4. felix

    ASAAR Guest

    On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:08:53 +0100, Helen wrote:

    >> Hello everyone,

    [unsnipped quote:]
    :> I would like to introduce here my new software for displaying
    :> your photos as a slideshow. It uses Pixel Shader technology to
    :> add Ken Burns / fade-in / Sepia effects in realtime. These fancy
    :> effects now don't need any process of building into DVD or EXE
    :> files. Upon my investigation, it's the very first slideshow software
    :> to utilize Pixel Shader, which is already widely used in games.
    :>
    :>
    :> The software has been listed on Download.com and will be included
    :> on PC Pro magazine. Please feel free to download and try it out here:
    > http://to.eki.to/memoryshow/download/MemoryShow-Pro_Setup.exe
    >
    > Detailed information:
    > http://to.eki.to/memoryshow

    [fin]

    >> Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

    > You wouldn't like my main suggestion, but as a secondary, how about
    > sticking your spam up your slideshow?

    You need to back off your spam detector a notch or two. It's
    generating false positives. Unless or until we start getting
    inundated with multiple notices for this free software, which is
    designed to work with digital photos (can't get much more on-topic
    than that), Felix's post can't be considered to be spam. The
    threshold for notices of this type is more than one or two posts.
    Or at least it should be.
    ASAAR, Sep 20, 2006
  5. >> You wouldn't like my main suggestion, but as a secondary, how about
    >> sticking
    >> your spam up your slideshow?
    >>

    > Seems a bit hard. IIRC, a low key mention of free software relevant to
    > the group is generally regarded as acceptable usage.

    Check the page:

    "The trial version of MemoryShow Pro will be locked after 7 days of use.
    Register now to get:

    - Unlimited use;
    - E-mail support;
    - One-year free update.

    etc. etc..."

    There is a "basic" free version, but there's no doubt he's posting
    looking to make money from us.
    Derek Fountain, Sep 20, 2006
  6. felix

    Guest

    , Sep 20, 2006
  7. felix

    felix Guest

    I'm new to this group and sorry for anything you think annoying.
    I posted it because I think this software is useful for people
    interested in digital photography, including myself.

    Yes, the free version is not as powerful as pro version.
    But it does fit basic needs and win out over many other softwares in
    that you don't have to build a DVD while smooth zoom/pan effects are
    available.

    It's ad-ware free, just give a try and hope you like it.

    felix, Sep 20, 2006
  8. felix

    Roy G Guest

    "ASAAR" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 19 Sep 2006 21:08:53 +0100, Helen wrote:
    >
    >>> Hello everyone,
    >>>

    > [unsnipped quote:]
    > :> I would like to introduce here my new software for displaying
    > :> your photos as a slideshow. It uses Pixel Shader technology to
    > :> add Ken Burns / fade-in / Sepia effects in realtime. These fancy
    > :> effects now don't need any process of building into DVD or EXE
    > :> files. Upon my investigation, it's the very first slideshow software
    > :> to utilize Pixel Shader, which is already widely used in games.
    > :>
    > :>
    > :> The software has been listed on Download.com and will be included
    > :> on PC Pro magazine. Please feel free to download and try it out here:

    > [fin]
    >>>
    >>> Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

    >> You wouldn't like my main suggestion, but as a secondary, how about
    >> sticking your spam up your slideshow?

    > You need to back off your spam detector a notch or two. It's
    > generating false positives. Unless or until we start getting
    > inundated with multiple notices for this free software, which is
    > designed to work with digital photos (can't get much more on-topic
    > than that), Felix's post can't be considered to be spam. The
    > threshold for notices of this type is more than one or two posts.
    > Or at least it should be.

    Hi.

    Of course it's SPAM.

    He has never been here before, and only came to tell us about this software
    which is much the same as loads of other Slide Show stuff.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Sep 20, 2006
  9. felix

    ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 22:38:38 GMT, Roy G wrote:

    > Hi.
    >
    > Of course it's SPAM.
    >
    > He has never been here before, and only came to tell us about this software
    > which is much the same as loads of other Slide Show stuff.

    It may turn out to be, but for now, at least according to my
    personal definition, it isn't. True spammers don't usually return
    to read and respond to replies. Nor do they often waste their time
    trying to send their posts to recipients (such as this ng) where
    their products have some relevance. Of those that do, if they
    continue to post their notices at an obnoxious rate (which for me
    would be more frequently than maybe once every 2 or 3 months), then
    I'd also consider it to be spam. Of course there'd be less reason
    to assume that Felix might be a spammer if he was a semi-regular
    rpd'er. But maybe he's too sane for that. :)
    ASAAR, Sep 21, 2006
  10. >>Hi.

    >>Of course it's SPAM.
    >>
    >>He has never been here before, and only came to tell us about this
    >>software which is much the same as loads of other Slide Show stuff.
    >>
    >>Roy G

    I don't agree with your definition of spam. So what if it's the first time
    he's been here (and how do you know he's not been lurking for months)?

    When I first got into digital photography, just about the first thing I did
    was to write some software to do stuff which I couldn't do with the package
    supplied with my camera. I know a lot more about photo software now than I
    did then and most of those features (although not all) I could probably have
    got from other packages, some of them free, but it was fun to write it
    anyway.

    From time to time I have even mentioned my software here - if people are
    asking about stuff I think I could help with. Whether or not I mentioned my
    software in my first ever posting here I truly cannot remember but I think I
    would have been a bit upset if folks had come down on me like a ton of
    bricks for spamming.

    Like the OP's, my software is free for the basic feature set but I did hold
    back a couple of choice features for licence payers. That's a fairly common
    model for amateur software distributed via the internet. I don't see
    anything sinister or reprehensible in that.

    Keith
    Keith Sheppard, Sep 21, 2006
  11. felix

    felix Guest

    Thanks for your understanding, Keith.
    I'm new here, but that doesn't mean I'll just spam and go away.
    I just searched on google groups to see where is the best place to
    share my software.
    This group is great and I'll keep reading posts here since shooting
    digital photos is also my interest.

    Felix Lin
    felix, Sep 21, 2006
  12. felix

    Bill Funk Guest

    On 21 Sep 2006 08:07:34 -0700, "felix" <> wrote:

    >Thanks for your understanding, Keith.
    >I'm new here, but that doesn't mean I'll just spam and go away.
    >I just searched on google groups to see where is the best place to
    >share my software.
    >This group is great and I'll keep reading posts here since shooting
    >digital photos is also my interest.
    >
    >Felix Lin

    I would recommend that instead of just reading, post something of
    interest.
    I find through observation that regular contributors are forgiven any
    trespasses much more easily than those who only post about their
    software.
    One of these days, I'll try your slideshow app; if it's reasonably
    good, I'll review it in the photo classes I teach.
    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"
    Bill Funk, Sep 21, 2006