    characteristics from anyone who owns one.

    Cheers,
    Punsky

    punsky, Nov 7, 2003

  2. punsky

    Luk Guest

    punsky wrote:

    > After considerable research I decided to buy the Canon i950 for color
    > photo printing, but when my two favorite sources were found to have
    > none in stock I learned it is discontinued. Now I find there is a new
    > product, the Canon i900D, that seems to be an upgrade of the i950 for
    > about the same price. Does anyone out there know anything about this
    > product? I'd especially like to hear about print quality and other
    > characteristics from anyone who owns one.

    The replacement for the i950 is the i960. The only difference
    I can see is that the i960 will support an updated and faster
    USB cable. But it will support the older USB cable as well.

    Luk

    Luk, Nov 7, 2003

  3. punsky

    John Guest

    "punsky" <> wrote
    > After considerable research I decided to buy the Canon i950 for color
    > photo printing, but when my two favorite sources were found to have
    > none in stock I learned it is discontinued. Now I find there is a new
    > product, the Canon i900D, that seems to be an upgrade of the i950 for
    > about the same price.

    Go to www.usa.canon and check out the consumer printers. Try this link:

    http://www.usa.canon.com/html/index1.jsp and click on printers.

    Select i900, i950, and i960, and then click on compare.

    I would pick the i960, which has better printing performance. However, you
    might like the i900D capability to read images direct from a memory card.
    The i960 doesn't hava a card reader, but you can connect it directly to
    compatible camera.

    Go for the print performance.

    John, Nov 7, 2003
  4. punsky

    ssnazzy9 Guest

    I have had my i960 for a few weeks and love it. I compared a print from
    the i960 to my old HP and there was no comparison - the Canon colors are
    beautiful. People in this group seem to favor Epson -- and I'm sure
    they are great too -- but this Canon is awesome.

    ssnazzy9, Nov 8, 2003
  5. punsky

    punsky Guest

    "ssnazzy9" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I have had my i960 for a few weeks and love it. I compared a print from
    > the i960 to my old HP and there was no comparison - the Canon colors are
    > beautiful. People in this group seem to favor Epson -- and I'm sure
    > they are great too -- but this Canon is awesome.
    > "John" <> wrote in message
    > "punsky" <> wrote
    > > After considerable research I decided to buy the Canon i950 for color
    > > photo printing, but when my two favorite sources were found to have
    > > none in stock I learned it is discontinued. Now I find there is a new
    > > product, the Canon i900D, that seems to be an upgrade of the i950 for
    > > about the same price.

    > Go to www.usa.canon and check out the consumer printers. Try this link:
    >
    > http://www.usa.canon.com/html/index1.jsp and click on printers.
    >
    > Select i900, i950, and i960, and then click on compare.
    >
    > I would pick the i960, which has better printing performance. However,
    > you
    > might like the i900D capability to read images direct from a memory
    > card.
    > The i960 doesn't hava a card reader, but you can connect it directly to
    > compatible camera.
    >
    > Go for the print performance.

    Thanks to all of you. I have made the comparison, and bought the i960.

    Punsky

    punsky, Nov 9, 2003