    I am recognized as an MCP without taking the exams!

    I am currently workign towards my MCSA so it will not be
    an issue when I pass the first exam... but still!

    SkydiveGuy, Nov 13, 2003

  2. SkydiveGuy

    Rick Guest

    Rick, Nov 13, 2003

  3. SkydiveGuy

    Brat Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > You must take and pass one Microsoft test to become a MCP. Refer to the
    > following link
    > http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/mcp/requirements.asp
    > The Comptia Exams can be used as electives for MCSA and MCSE, BUT DO NOT
    > COUNT AS AN MCP.

    Rick is right... I think the terminology would be... A+ can be used "in lieu
    of" an MCP exam but only as part of the MCSA/MCSE certification process.

    Brat, Nov 13, 2003
  4. SkydiveGuy

    SkydiveGuiy Guest

    That link doesnt tell me squat!

    You are missing my point here....

    What does this link do when you supply the info to CompTIA:
    http://www.comptia.org/certification/related/ms_signup_form
    ..asp

    ????????????????????????

    SkydiveGuiy, Nov 13, 2003
  5. David K wrote:
    > On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:06:34 -0800, "SkydiveGuy"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I am confused... I have my A+ and Network+ certs and
    >> according to what I am reading here:
    >>
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/traincert/mcp/partners.asp
    >>
    >> I only need to take (not pass) an MCP exam to become an
    >> MCP when I hold both these certs....

    > "Take at least one MCP exam and obtain an MCP ID number."
    >
    > They say take, but they mean pass. It wouldn't make any sense if they
    > gave MCP certs out to people who don't pass the test, right?

    I'd sue if I were you, SkydiveGuy.

    False advertising.

    I happen to know a nice MCNGP lawyer, too.

    Diana "Ambulance chaser" K. Brown

    --
    Fris "Stella Liebeck could be an expert witness" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    Frisbee® MCNGP, Nov 13, 2003
  6. SkydiveGuy

    Patric O. Guest

    The key here is "obtain and MCP ID number" - you don't get
    one of those until you pass the test. The wording is
    confusing, but certainly not tort worthy.

    PO

    since

    Patric O., Nov 13, 2003
  7. SkydiveGuy

    Patric O. Guest

    And then... I actually read what it says and realize that
    I was wrong... You get an MCP ID by taking (not passing)
    and exam. But it explains above that what the 2 exams can
    be used for - as elective credit for the MCP Certification
    of MCSA - Microsft calls an advanced cert an MCP
    Certification, because to get MCSA, et al., you must be an
    MCP.

    Patric

    Patric O., Nov 13, 2003
  8. SkydiveGuy

    Plain Guest

    If you have problem of reading Microsoft's requirement,
    why brother to obtain a MCP, Microsoft Certified
    Professional. I can take A+, Net + and other certs from
    Symantec,or Cisco. Are they Microsoft Certified?
    Let's be real, you are not in law school!

    Plain , Nov 13, 2003
  9. SkydiveGuy

    Skydiveguy Guest

    Obviously you cant read what I posted because if you did
    you would see that it states that you must take, NOT PASS
    the exam.

    So my question here is not the fact that they are
    not "Microsoft" but that weather I pass or fail a
    Microsoft exam I will get my MCP number becasue I have
    these 2 certs!

    The microsoft wording needs to be changed if this is
    the "way" .... bottom line.

    Skydiveguy, Nov 17, 2003
  10. SkydiveGuy

    SkydiveGuy Guest

    Dumb wording on their part...

    in my first
    >reply, and it looks like you were reading the page wrong

    too. In order
    >to apply CompTIA credits, they need a Microsoft account

    to apply them
    >to (ie: an MCP account), no matter how far along the

    Microsoft track
    >you are, including not having passed the first MCP test.

    So the MCP
    >cert and an MCP ID number aren't the same thing, since

    you can get the
    >ID number for your account even if you fail the test -

    you just don't

    SkydiveGuy, Nov 19, 2003
  11. SkydiveGuy

    rsafir

    Joined:
    Mar 24, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Great insight but to no resolve.

    Despite the fact that one would not be an MCP after they have completed A+ Network+ and Security + such as myself. (all completed up to date in 2010 btw) ;) Is not discouraging. If anything this is the first time that Microsoft would even consider having any other certifications as part as an elective. So whats the benefit? the fact that I can use this towards the more prestigious certifications. So I for one am definitely happy that this has been introduced, and all that hard work to complete the Comptia exams are being used for the Microsoft Exams.. So thank you Microsoft: :adore:

    rsafir, Mar 24, 2011