A nasty 'lsass.exe' problem

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Bad Disciple, May 15, 2005.

  1. Bad Disciple

    Bad Disciple Guest

    Hi cool folks,

    Computer problems never stop...
    On my other computer, on which I installed Windows XP,
    there is an extremely weird problem. Left with SP1, with
    an Antivirus and Firewall (Kaspersky) installed, I install the
    modem (DSL) and when I connect ot Internet... it blocks
    in the first 2 min. A nasty box appears saying:
    "This system is shutting down. Save all your work...
    This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\ SYSTEM.
    The system process Windows \System32\lsass.exe
    terminated unexpectedly with status code: 1073741819"

    When it restarts it says: "LSA SHELL (Export Version)
    encoiuntered a problem and neede to close."

    I tried re-installing everything but nothing stops this nasty
    'lsass.exe' from its damn weird doing...
    Could anybody help with what the hell is going on ?

    Thanks,
    BD
    Bad Disciple, May 15, 2005

  2. Bad Disciple wrote:
    > Hi cool folks,
    >
    > Computer problems never stop...
    > On my other computer, on which I installed Windows XP,
    > there is an extremely weird problem. Left with SP1, with
    > an Antivirus and Firewall (Kaspersky) installed, I install the
    > modem (DSL) and when I connect ot Internet... it blocks
    > in the first 2 min. A nasty box appears saying:
    > "This system is shutting down. Save all your work...
    > This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\ SYSTEM.
    > The system process Windows \System32\lsass.exe
    > terminated unexpectedly with status code: 1073741819"
    >
    > When it restarts it says: "LSA SHELL (Export Version)
    > encoiuntered a problem and neede to close."
    >
    > I tried re-installing everything but nothing stops this nasty
    > 'lsass.exe' from its damn weird doing...
    > Could anybody help with what the hell is going on ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > BD

    To stop shutdown, open run and type: shutdown -a
    Read this- XP surviving the first day
    http://www.sans.org/rr/papers/index.php?id=1298
    You need to install SP2-download it on another machine and then burn it to
    disk.
    -max
    What's in a Name?, May 15, 2005

  3. Bad Disciple

    Bad Disciple Guest

    Hi back,

    I have SP2 dowloaded on another machine but I don't know
    how to take it to burn it ? I only see it in the Control Panel's
    Add/Remove Programs but there is no way to take it from there.
    BD

    Bad Disciple, May 16, 2005
  4. Bad Disciple

    WebWalker Guest

    Have you done any antispyware scanning lately?

    --
    WebWalker
    WebWalker, May 16, 2005
  5. Bad Disciple

    Bad Disciple Guest

    Yes I scanned it whit an antispy and it says there is NO spyware!!

    I typed 'shutdown -a' in 'run' as Max suggested. This worked
    just for a while. My Firewall was reporting repeatedly that
    there was an attack by 'lsass exploit' until finally it made again
    the blocking. Now even retyping 'shutdown -a' doesn't help,
    it blocks again every time I connect to Internet. I made antivirus
    scan (freshly updated), it reports NOTHING ! I also have
    re-formatted the C: hard disc and re-installed Windows,
    with SP1. It does it again ! Maybe it was inside and I must
    re-format and re-install Windows again ?

    Another mind-blowing thing is that on my other computer
    (with the same Windows XP Pro, but SP2, and the same
    Antivirus-Firewall, Kaspersky) I don't have this problem at all !!

    It's an incredibly pissing off problem... Seems like a damn well made
    worm or whatsoever ! (What will come after it ??)
    Is there any idea WHAT could be a solution ???
    BD

    Bad Disciple, May 16, 2005
  6. Bad Disciple wrote:
    > Hi back,
    >
    > I have SP2 dowloaded on another machine but I don't know
    > how to take it to burn it ? I only see it in the Control Panel's
    > Add/Remove Programs but there is no way to take it from there.
    > BD
    >
    > "What's in a Name?" <> wrote in message
    >> Bad Disciple wrote:
    >>> Hi cool folks,
    >>>
    >>> Computer problems never stop...
    >>> On my other computer, on which I installed Windows XP,
    >>> there is an extremely weird problem. Left with SP1, with
    >>> an Antivirus and Firewall (Kaspersky) installed, I install the
    >>> modem (DSL) and when I connect ot Internet... it blocks
    >>> in the first 2 min. A nasty box appears saying:
    >>> "This system is shutting down. Save all your work...
    >>> This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\ SYSTEM.
    >>> The system process Windows \System32\lsass.exe
    >>> terminated unexpectedly with status code: 1073741819"
    >>>
    >>> When it restarts it says: "LSA SHELL (Export Version)
    >>> encoiuntered a problem and neede to close."
    >>>
    >>> I tried re-installing everything but nothing stops this nasty
    >>> 'lsass.exe' from its damn weird doing...
    >>> Could anybody help with what the hell is going on ?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>> BD

    >> To stop shutdown, open run and type: shutdown -a
    >> Read this- XP surviving the first day
    >> http://www.sans.org/rr/papers/index.php?id=1298
    >> You need to install SP2-download it on another machine and then burn
    >> it to disk.
    >> -max

    Here is link to full download of SP2
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

    -max

    What's in a Name?, May 17, 2005
  7. Bad Disciple

    Bad Disciple Guest

    Thanks for that hint,
    But is it not a special version for network installation
    and IT Professional Developers ?
    But I'll try it and let U know what.

    Bad Disciple, May 17, 2005
  8. Bad Disciple

    Bad Disciple Guest

    Hello back,

    Just to say thanks for the link to SP2. It worked. Actually,
    when the SP2's Firewall is ON, there are no 'lsass' attacks.
    If I block the Windows Firewall and leave only my other Firewall
    (Kaspesrky), the 'lsass' attacks start again. Kaspersky says it's
    'Lovesan' virus and successfully repulse it, but not sure for how long.
    So I keep the two Firewalls ON.

    On the other hand, it says that it's no good to have two or more
    Firewalls ON together... Is that right ? Go figure...

    Thanks anyway.
    Bad Disciple

    Bad Disciple, May 22, 2005
  9. Bad Disciple wrote:
    > Hello back,
    >
    > Just to say thanks for the link to SP2. It worked. Actually,
    > when the SP2's Firewall is ON, there are no 'lsass' attacks.
    > If I block the Windows Firewall and leave only my other Firewall
    > (Kaspesrky), the 'lsass' attacks start again. Kaspersky says it's
    > 'Lovesan' virus and successfully repulse it, but not sure for how long.
    > So I keep the two Firewalls ON.
    >
    > On the other hand, it says that it's no good to have two or more
    > Firewalls ON together... Is that right ? Go figure...
    >
    > Thanks anyway.
    > Bad Disciple

    ******Middle Posted for maximum confusion*************

    I also rub both windows and sygate firewalls at the same time. Hey it
    works for me.
    -max

    What's in a Name?, Jun 3, 2005
  10. Bad Disciple

    Robert Baer Guest

    What's in a Name? wrote:

    > Bad Disciple wrote:
    >
    >> Hello back,
    >>
    >> Just to say thanks for the link to SP2. It worked. Actually,
    >> when the SP2's Firewall is ON, there are no 'lsass' attacks.
    >> If I block the Windows Firewall and leave only my other Firewall
    >> (Kaspesrky), the 'lsass' attacks start again. Kaspersky says it's
    >> 'Lovesan' virus and successfully repulse it, but not sure for how long.
    >> So I keep the two Firewalls ON.
    >>
    >> On the other hand, it says that it's no good to have two or more
    >> Firewalls ON together... Is that right ? Go figure...
    >>
    >> Thanks anyway.
    >> Bad Disciple

    > ******Middle Posted for maximum confusion*************
    >
    > I also rub both windows and sygate firewalls at the same time. Hey it
    > works for me.
    > -max
    >

    >> "What's in a Name?" <> wrote in message

    >>> Here is link to full download of SP2
    >>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en
    >>>

    >>> -max

    If you rub two firewalls together, do you get binary brick dust in
    *bits* ??
    Robert Baer, Jun 3, 2005