    I'm studying for A+ and it doesn't seem hard.

    How hard are the other certs compared to A+?

    Which are the most worth while getting?
    crb, Sep 28, 2005

  2. crb wrote:
    > I'm studying for A+ and it doesn't seem hard.
    >
    > How hard are the other certs compared to A+?
    >
    > Which are the most worth while getting?

    The CCNA is probably the hardest. For the MCSE (which I've never
    bothered with) you can actually go to a camp for sun and fun and are
    guaranteed to be certified when you leave. In other words, not worth shit.

    It seems to be an inverse law, the more importance the employer places
    on certs, the less likely they are to know their ass from a hole in the
    ground.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Sep 28, 2005

  3. crb

    Plato Guest

    crb wrote:

    > I'm studying for A+ and it doesn't seem hard.

    Correct. the A+ is quite easy. I'm not sure if it still exists, but the
    network+ is almost as easy. The other ones are in a different league.

    Plato, Sep 28, 2005
  4. crb

    stew Guest

    crb <> wrote:

    >I'm studying for A+ and it doesn't seem hard.
    >
    >How hard are the other certs compared to A+?
    >
    >Which are the most worth while getting?

    CCIE is best for networking. HTML, XML, Perl scripting for webpages.
    dotnet framework newest thing out of Microsoft server side lately.
    Visual Basic/C++ for programmer types last I heard.

    Build a network, secure a network, do something productive with a
    network are pretty much the basics.

    Stewie
    http://www.perl.org/
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/
    http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/
    http://www.htmlgoodies.com/
    http://www-root.fnal.gov/root/CPlusPlus/

    General stuff to poke around.
    __| |
    ( _` |(_-< | | _` | |
    \___|\__,_|___/\_,_|\__,_|_|
    stew, Sep 28, 2005
  5. crb

    Kenny Guest

    I've done A+ & Cisco CCNA. Using practice exams and "cheat sheets" A+ is a
    walkover.
    CCNA is much more difficult but much more satisfying if you get through it.

    --

    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Sep 28, 2005
  6. crb

    stew Guest

    stew <> wrote:

    >crb <> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm studying for A+ and it doesn't seem hard.
    >>
    >>How hard are the other certs compared to A+?
    >>
    >>Which are the most worth while getting?

    >CCIE is best for networking. HTML, XML, Perl scripting for webpages.
    >dotnet framework newest thing out of Microsoft server side lately.
    >Visual Basic/C++ for programmer types last I heard.
    >
    >Build a network, secure a network, do something productive with a
    >network are pretty much the basics.
    >
    >Stewie
    >http://www.perl.org/
    >http://msdn.microsoft.com/netframework/
    >http://www.cisco.com/web/learning/le3/ccie/
    >http://www.htmlgoodies.com/
    >http://www-root.fnal.gov/root/CPlusPlus/
    >
    >General stuff to poke around.

    OOPs... Minor addition if you have a really creative side.
    http://www.esao.net/ Example of a truly "Flash" enhanced website.
    http://www.answers.com/topic/macromedia-flash (Wikipedia ref)
    Not a current browser standard is the primary drawback due to
    advertising junk using Flash. pop-up window stigma as a separate
    plug-in. pdf type of potential for this on webpage integration.

    Hit or miss as browsers go today... I run 2 flash plug-in enabled
    browsers. I don't use them very often. There is definitely potential
    as you can see, or not. That's the risk.

    Stewie
    __| |
    ( _` |(_-< | | _` | |
    \___|\__,_|___/\_,_|\__,_|_|
    stew, Sep 28, 2005
  7. crb

    Clued Weasel Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 22:59:22 -0400, Rôgêr <> wrote:

    >crb wrote:
    >> I'm studying for A+ and it doesn't seem hard.
    >>
    >> How hard are the other certs compared to A+?
    >>
    >> Which are the most worth while getting?

    >The CCNA is probably the hardest. For the MCSE (which I've never
    >bothered with) you can actually go to a camp for sun and fun and are
    >guaranteed to be certified when you leave. In other words, not worth shit.

    If you read the small print on most of them they garantee that you'll
    leave certified. Seeing as passing one test gives you an MCP, they can
    turn around and say your certified even if you fail the other six. On
    the difficulty side, the Server 2003 MSCE is a lot more difficult than
    the 2000 Server one was. The pass rate has dropped way down, as low as
    20% on 1st time. As for the usefulness of an MCSE, rightly or wrongly,
    it will open a lot of doors that may have been closed otherwise.
    Clued Weasel, Sep 28, 2005
  8. crb

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 19:12:09 -0700, crb wrote:

    >I'm studying for A+ and it doesn't seem hard.

    Too easy.

    >How hard are the other certs compared to A+?

    CCNA, hardest.

    MCSE -> MS drones can't solve problems, but ten tell you what MS
    products you need.

    >Which are the most worth while getting?

    CCNA.

    Me