    Cisco. Yet again we are seeing how "Intellectual Property" Laws MUST BE
    REPEALED...

    -Im
    Imhotep, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Imhotep

    Winged Guest

    Imhotep wrote:
    > http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11259
    >
    > Cisco, unfortunately, has joined the ranks of Microsoft, etc in trying to
    > use so-called "Intellectual Property" claims to prevent people of
    > disseminating security vulnerabilities even when the vulnerabilities could
    > cause havoc never before seen. It is too bad, I have always respected
    > Cisco. Yet again we are seeing how "Intellectual Property" Laws MUST BE
    > REPEALED...
    >
    > -Im

    It is far more than just Cisco. You have video card manufacturers as
    well as monitor vendors (yes, even your monitor will need replacing)
    when Vista comes into play, all in the name of DRM.

    http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/node/628
    http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/1182/what_windows_vista

    My personal belief is this is yet another ploy to kill off competing
    operating systems (spelled LINUX) under the guise of protecting us from
    using illegal music. Time to build your God boxes, the availability of
    devices which do not have these "features" my become limited. The
    ability of the average Joe to write low level code to do things may be
    at threat as well. (I still do not know enough about these features).

    My concern is far greater than loss of functionality. I do not copy
    music or movies. My concern is this is a ploy of limiting competition.
    This will limit the possibility of future competing OS's (Microsoft
    owns the technology) I believe this ploy makes even Apples long term
    viability questionable. The will be impacts with many other competing
    vendors as either the cost of their doing business will rise (those who
    do not license the technology) or they will be required to license the
    technology from Microsoft (either way Microsoft wins). This technology
    will have direct cost consumers throughout the life cycle of a device.

    With Microsoft history building in spyware features, under the new
    system, their should be no limit what is possible.

    The time for Linux migration and free net implementation is now, those
    who wait will find the hardware costs to support LINUX either
    unavailable or too expensive to purchase.

    I also believe it is urgent that people become activated with their
    legislators to trim the power of the DRM advocates.

    Winged
    Winged, Jul 28, 2005

  3. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Winged wrote:

    > Imhotep wrote:
    >> http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11259
    >>
    >> Cisco, unfortunately, has joined the ranks of Microsoft, etc in trying to
    >> use so-called "Intellectual Property" claims to prevent people of
    >> disseminating security vulnerabilities even when the vulnerabilities
    >> could cause havoc never before seen. It is too bad, I have always
    >> respected Cisco. Yet again we are seeing how "Intellectual Property" Laws
    >> MUST BE REPEALED...
    >>
    >> -Im

    > It is far more than just Cisco. You have video card manufacturers as
    > well as monitor vendors (yes, even your monitor will need replacing)
    > when Vista comes into play, all in the name of DRM.

    > http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/node/628
    > http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/1182/what_windows_vista
    >
    > My personal belief is this is yet another ploy to kill off competing
    > operating systems (spelled LINUX) under the guise of protecting us from
    > using illegal music. Time to build your God boxes, the availability of
    > devices which do not have these "features" my become limited. The
    > ability of the average Joe to write low level code to do things may be
    > at threat as well. (I still do not know enough about these features).
    >
    > My concern is far greater than loss of functionality. I do not copy
    > music or movies. My concern is this is a ploy of limiting competition.
    > This will limit the possibility of future competing OS's (Microsoft
    > owns the technology) I believe this ploy makes even Apples long term
    > viability questionable. The will be impacts with many other competing
    > vendors as either the cost of their doing business will rise (those who
    > do not license the technology) or they will be required to license the
    > technology from Microsoft (either way Microsoft wins). This technology
    > will have direct cost consumers throughout the life cycle of a device.
    >
    > With Microsoft history building in spyware features, under the new
    > system, their should be no limit what is possible.
    >
    > The time for Linux migration and free net implementation is now, those
    > who wait will find the hardware costs to support LINUX either
    > unavailable or too expensive to purchase.
    >
    > I also believe it is urgent that people become activated with their
    > legislators to trim the power of the DRM advocates.
    >
    > Winged

    Sorry but Windows is the operating system for fools. I will not need to do
    anything as will not use it.

    -Im
    Imhotep, Jul 28, 2005
  4. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Winged wrote:

    > Imhotep wrote:
    >> http://www.securityfocus.com/news/11259
    >>
    >> Cisco, unfortunately, has joined the ranks of Microsoft, etc in trying to
    >> use so-called "Intellectual Property" claims to prevent people of
    >> disseminating security vulnerabilities even when the vulnerabilities
    >> could cause havoc never before seen. It is too bad, I have always
    >> respected Cisco. Yet again we are seeing how "Intellectual Property" Laws
    >> MUST BE REPEALED...
    >>
    >> -Im

    > It is far more than just Cisco. You have video card manufacturers as
    > well as monitor vendors (yes, even your monitor will need replacing)
    > when Vista comes into play, all in the name of DRM.

    > http://www.computerworld.com/blogs/node/628
    > http://www.ehomeupgrade.com/entry/1182/what_windows_vista
    >
    > My personal belief is this is yet another ploy to kill off competing
    > operating systems (spelled LINUX) under the guise of protecting us from
    > using illegal music. Time to build your God boxes, the availability of
    > devices which do not have these "features" my become limited. The
    > ability of the average Joe to write low level code to do things may be
    > at threat as well. (I still do not know enough about these features).
    >
    > My concern is far greater than loss of functionality. I do not copy
    > music or movies. My concern is this is a ploy of limiting competition.
    > This will limit the possibility of future competing OS's (Microsoft
    > owns the technology) I believe this ploy makes even Apples long term
    > viability questionable. The will be impacts with many other competing
    > vendors as either the cost of their doing business will rise (those who
    > do not license the technology) or they will be required to license the
    > technology from Microsoft (either way Microsoft wins). This technology
    > will have direct cost consumers throughout the life cycle of a device.
    >
    > With Microsoft history building in spyware features, under the new
    > system, their should be no limit what is possible.
    >
    > The time for Linux migration and free net implementation is now, those
    > who wait will find the hardware costs to support LINUX either
    > unavailable or too expensive to purchase.
    >
    > I also believe it is urgent that people become activated with their
    > legislators to trim the power of the DRM advocates.
    >
    > Winged

    ....I agree with you 100% by the way.....
    Imhotep, Jul 28, 2005
  5. Imhotep

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:05:36 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:

    >Sorry but Windows is the operating system for fools.

    So you say, but you are a dumbarse mac user.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jul 28, 2005
  6. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:05:36 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:
    >
    >>Sorry but Windows is the operating system for fools.

    > So you say, but you are a dumbarse mac user.
    > --
    > Jim Watt
    > http://www.gibnet.com

    ....Are you a retard or just practicing to be certified? You are however a
    flaming idiot...look at the headers moron, here I will spoon feed you some
    technology (so don't choke on it)

    From my last news posting (the one you replied too)

    KNode is part of KDE's desktop running on Linux/BSD systems. Look it up
    moron...

    ...and another thing if you can not add something, anything, of value
    (definitely not your knowledge by the way) don't post. You are just wasting
    everyone's time trying to be something you are not: KNOWLEDGEABLE

    -Im
    Imhotep, Jul 28, 2005
  7. Imhotep

    Solbu Guest

    Imhotep sent the following transmission through subspace:

    > Sorry but Windows is the operating system for fools. I will not need to do
    > anything as will not use it.

    You had to quote the ENTIRE post in order to say that?

    :)=

    --
    Solbu - http://www.solbu.net
    Remove 'ugyldig' for email
    Solbu, Jul 29, 2005
  8. Imhotep

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:01:57 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:

    <snip>

    I'm not really bothered what machine or software you use
    nor is anyone else.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jul 29, 2005
  9. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 20:01:57 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > I'm not really bothered what machine or software you use
    > nor is anyone else.
    >
    > --
    > Jim Watt
    > http://www.gibnet.com

    ....the why do you make stupid comments about it then? I quote you "So you
    say, but you are a dumbarse mac user." Face it, you made a smartass
    comment, but you did not have a clue. I proved you are a moron, yet again,
    and now you are saying you are not bothered by what machine I am using? Jim
    get a clue, or rent one, because you are a high class moron. Nothing more,
    nothing less.
    Imhotep, Jul 29, 2005
  10. Imhotep

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:10:29 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:

    From: Imhotep <>
    Subject: Re: HELP!!!!!
    Newsgroups: alt.computer.security
    Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 17:00:47 GMT

    gwyn davies wrote:

    > My computer is full of spyware,does anyone konw of any free anti spyware
    > software that actualy prevents and removes spyware and adware. i eed
    > something to stop it getting there in the first place.

    Switch to a Mac...

    +++

    Shove it up your arse motherfucker.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jul 29, 2005
  11. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Jim you are a small minded turd and as such should be flushed like all other
    smelly shitballs...

    Furthermore you are devoid of any technical abilities so stop posting your
    mindless dribble and leave the posting to the big boys.

    -Im

    Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 12:10:29 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:

    lotsanews.com!news.glorb.com!hwmnpeer01.lga!hwmedia!news-server.columbus.rr.com!cyclone2.kc.rr.com!news2.kc.rr.com!news-post.tampabay.rr.com!tornado.tampabay.rr.com.POSTED!53ab2750!not-for-mail

    Imhotep, Jul 29, 2005
  12. Imhotep

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:44:31 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:

    <snip>

    The value of your contributions is noted.

    Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com

    "Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game because
    they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous
    sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of free time."

    .... Neil Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
    Jim Watt, Jul 30, 2005
  13. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 21:44:31 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > The value of your contributions is noted.
    >
    > Jim Watt http://www.gibnet.com
    >
    > "Arguing with anonymous strangers on the Internet is a sucker's game
    > because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable
    > from - self-righteous sixteen-year-olds possessing infinite amounts of
    > free time."
    >
    > ... Neil Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

    Yes, I hope the truth does not hurt you too much, Jim....
    Imhotep, Jul 30, 2005
  14. Imhotep

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:19:02 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:

    >Yes, I hope the truth does not hurt you too much, Jim....

    Why not post your real name and we will see how
    much.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jul 30, 2005
  15. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 16:19:02 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:
    >
    >>Yes, I hope the truth does not hurt you too much, Jim....

    > Why not post your real name and we will see how
    > much.
    > --
    > Jim Watt
    > http://www.gibnet.com

    Why don't you stop being an ass to everyone as I can tell most people here
    are sick of your shit. You are moron without bound...
    Imhotep, Jul 31, 2005
  16. Imhotep

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:34:50 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:

    > I can tell most people here are sick of your shit.

    You are not a person you are just a coward hiding behind a
    silly alias, scared of using your name and giving stupid
    advice to windows users, like 'get a mac'.

    now **** off and die.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jul 31, 2005
  17. Imhotep

    Imhotep Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 23:34:50 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:
    >
    >> I can tell most people here are sick of your shit.

    > You are not a person you are just a coward hiding behind a
    > silly alias, scared of using your name and giving stupid
    > advice to windows users, like 'get a mac'.
    >
    > now **** off and die.
    >
    > --
    > Jim Watt
    > http://www.gibnet.com

    Just because a moron asks for my real name I should give it? Why? You want
    to meet me at the bike racks after school? You are such an pathetic
    idiot...

    As for the advice about switching from Windows to a Mac I stand by that
    advice. Jim, you hide behind harsh words to disguise that you are a fool. I
    have read many of your posts and you do not impress me with your
    "technical" skills. Instead I see you giving people shit. Like I said
    before, leave the posting to the real technical people, maybe someday if
    you listen and learn you could post an article with some merit.

    Until then take you own advice above.
    Imhotep, Jul 31, 2005
  18. Imhotep

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:49:51 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:

    <snip>

    You are a coward because you are scared of using your name.

    Yes, leave the postings to real technical people, like me
    you concentrate on growing up.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Jul 31, 2005
  19. Imhotep

    Notan Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:

    > On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:49:51 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:
    >
    > <snip>
    >
    > You are a coward because you are scared of using your name.
    >
    > Yes, leave the postings to real technical people, like me
    > you concentrate on growing up.

    A little full of ourselves, aren't we, Jim?

    Notan
    Notan, Jul 31, 2005
  20. Imhotep

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 16:49:47 -0600, Notan <> wrote:

    >Jim Watt wrote:
    >>
    >> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 17:49:51 GMT, Imhotep <> wrote:
    >>
    >> <snip>
    >>
    >> You are a coward because you are scared of using your name.
    >>
    >> Yes, leave the postings to real technical people, like me
    >> you concentrate on growing up.

    >A little full of ourselves, aren't we, Jim?

    Beats being full of shit and posting via Giganews
    fed up with your other alias already?

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com