A MP3 Player to think about.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mary Hanna, Jan 10, 2010.

  1. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    Transend MP860

    http://www.transcendusa.com/Products...nc1No=&Func2No=


    MP860 8GB goes for $144nz, plus it has a 2.4" screen and takes MicroSDHC upto
    16GB, Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files, worth a look at.


    Features
    - 2.4-inch QVGA (240 x 320 pixel) full-color TFT display
    - microSD and microSDHC card expansion slot
    - Plays MP3, WMA, WMA-DRM10 (subscription music), OGG, FLAC and WAV music
    files
    - Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files
    - View photos (JPEG/BMP/GIF/PNG) and e-book (TXT) files
    - Recordable FM Radio with 20 station presets
    - Built-in microphone and direct Line-in recording
    - Built-in speaker for playback without earphones
    - Sing-along with synchronized lyrics display
    - 11 equalizer effects, including a customizable USER EQ setting and SRS WOW
    HD
    - A-B repeat allows continuous replay of a designated section of a track
    - Variable track playback speeds allow careful review of recording or music
    - Supports 13 languages including menus, song/album title, artist name and
    lyrics
    (English, German, French, Japanese, Korean, Greek, Russian, Spanish,
    Italian, Portuguese, Turkish, Simple Chinese, Traditional Chinese)
    - Custom Playlist Builder for organizing personal music
    - Power-saving screen savers and auto-shutoff function
    - Internal rechargeable Li-Polymer battery provides over 22 hours of
    continuous music playback*
    - Hi-Speed USB 2.0 port for easy computer connectivity and fast file transfers
    - USB flash drive capabilities for data transfer and storage
    - Sleep timer can be set to automatically power-off after 10-180 minutes

    * Max. playback time achieved with screen saver is enabled and “Lyrics Sync”is
    disabled.
     
    Mary Hanna, Jan 10, 2010
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Mary Hanna

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:51:36 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:

    > Transend MP860
    >
    > http://www.transcendusa.com/Products...nc1No=&Func2No=
    >
    >
    > MP860 8GB goes for $144nz, plus it has a 2.4" screen and takes MicroSDHC
    > upto 16GB, Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files, worth a look at.
    >
    >
    > Features
    > - 2.4-inch QVGA (240 x 320 pixel) full-color TFT display - microSD and
    > microSDHC card expansion slot - Plays MP3, WMA, WMA-DRM10 (subscription
    > music), OGG, FLAC and WAV music files
    > - Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files


    Nice to see that it can play OGG files, but it seems rather expensive just for a small personal music
    player.


    --
    "Filtering the Internet is like trying to boil the ocean"
     
    Sweetpea, Jan 10, 2010
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Mary Hanna

    BR Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 08:09:37 +0000 (UTC), Sweetpea
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:51:36 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:
    >
    >> Transend MP860
    >>
    >> http://www.transcendusa.com
    >>
    >>
    >> MP860 8GB goes for $144nz, plus it has a 2.4" screen and takes MicroSDHC
    >> upto 16GB, Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files, worth a look at.
    >>
    >>
    >> Features
    >> - 2.4-inch QVGA (240 x 320 pixel) full-color TFT display - microSD and
    >> microSDHC card expansion slot - Plays MP3, WMA, WMA-DRM10 (subscription
    >> music), OGG, FLAC and WAV music files
    >> - Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files

    >
    >Nice to see that it can play OGG files, but it seems rather expensive just for a small personal music
    >player.


    I bought a brand new player off Trademe that can do all those things
    and more, for less than sixty bucks.

    Bill.
     
    BR, Jan 10, 2010
    #3
  4. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 08:09:37 +0000 (UTC), Sweetpea <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:51:36 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:
    >
    >> Transend MP860
    >>
    >> http://www.transcendusa.com/Products...nc1No=&Func2No=
    >>
    >>
    >> MP860 8GB goes for $144nz, plus it has a 2.4" screen and takes MicroSDHC
    >> upto 16GB, Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files, worth a look at.
    >>
    >>
    >> Features
    >> - 2.4-inch QVGA (240 x 320 pixel) full-color TFT display - microSD and
    >> microSDHC card expansion slot - Plays MP3, WMA, WMA-DRM10 (subscription
    >> music), OGG, FLAC and WAV music files
    >> - Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files

    >
    >Nice to see that it can play OGG files, but it seems rather expensive just for a small personal music
    >player.




    No its Very Very Cheap and its just a music player.

    The Samsung T10 4GB are on sale at H N for $199 and these are old..
     
    Mary Hanna, Jan 10, 2010
    #4
  5. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 22:27:01 +1300, BR <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 08:09:37 +0000 (UTC), Sweetpea
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:51:36 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:
    >>
    >>> Transend MP860
    >>>
    >>> http://www.transcendusa.com
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> MP860 8GB goes for $144nz, plus it has a 2.4" screen and takes MicroSDHC
    >>> upto 16GB, Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files, worth a look at.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Features
    >>> - 2.4-inch QVGA (240 x 320 pixel) full-color TFT display - microSD and
    >>> microSDHC card expansion slot - Plays MP3, WMA, WMA-DRM10 (subscription
    >>> music), OGG, FLAC and WAV music files
    >>> - Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files

    >>
    >>Nice to see that it can play OGG files, but it seems rather expensive just for a small personal music
    >>player.

    >
    >I bought a brand new player off Trademe that can do all those things
    >and more, for less than sixty bucks.
    >
    >Bill.





    Model Brand..??
     
    Mary Hanna, Jan 10, 2010
    #5
  6. Mary Hanna

    Richard Guest

    BR wrote:

    >
    > I bought a brand new player off Trademe that can do all those things
    > and more, for less than sixty bucks.


    If its one of the china special ones imported by some random, then good
    luck when it breaks or needs software upgrades.

    The one I looked at and tried couldnt even play tracks gapless -
    something even the iPod has had for many years now.
     
    Richard, Jan 10, 2010
    #6
  7. Mary Hanna

    Fred Guest

    Strike me pink! Can't even get the grammar right in the subject line.
     
    Fred, Jan 10, 2010
    #7
  8. Mary Hanna

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:44:22 +1300, Richard wrote:

    > BR wrote:
    >
    >
    >> I bought a brand new player off Trademe that can do all those things
    >> and more, for less than sixty bucks.

    >
    > If its one of the china special ones imported by some random, then good
    > luck when it breaks or needs software upgrades.


    If it breaks within the warranty period then return it to the place you purchased it from, otherwise tough.

    Can't think of any reason why an MP3 playing device should require software upgrades - they should
    just work like any other appliance.


    --
    "Filtering the Internet is like trying to boil the ocean"
     
    Sweetpea, Jan 11, 2010
    #8
  9. Mary Hanna

    Richard Guest

    Sweetpea wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:44:22 +1300, Richard wrote:
    >
    >> BR wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> I bought a brand new player off Trademe that can do all those things
    >>> and more, for less than sixty bucks.

    >> If its one of the china special ones imported by some random, then good
    >> luck when it breaks or needs software upgrades.

    >
    > If it breaks within the warranty period then return it to the place you purchased it from, otherwise tough.
    >
    > Can't think of any reason why an MP3 playing device should require software upgrades - they should
    > just work like any other appliance.


    Mr trademe seller will be gone in 6-8 weeks when they close up and
    reopen under a new name. Plus if you bid on TM there is no CGA protection.

    They need software updates because they tend to come with really buggy
    stuff.
     
    Richard, Jan 11, 2010
    #9
  10. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 04:59:00 +0000 (UTC), Sweetpea <>
    wrote:

    >On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:44:22 +1300, Richard wrote:
    >
    >> BR wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>> I bought a brand new player off Trademe that can do all those things
    >>> and more, for less than sixty bucks.

    >>
    >> If its one of the china special ones imported by some random, then good
    >> luck when it breaks or needs software upgrades.

    >
    >If it breaks within the warranty period then return it to the place you purchased it from, otherwise tough.
    >
    >Can't think of any reason why an MP3 playing device should require software upgrades - they should
    >just work like any other appliance.



    All the good ones have software upgrades that is very Normal

    And from what I have just seen most of the TradeMe MP3 players that I looked
    at had 7 or 30 day warranties..

    Seems to me they are just Junk..
     
    Mary Hanna, Jan 11, 2010
    #10
  11. Mary Hanna

    Richard Guest

    Mary Hanna wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 04:59:00 +0000 (UTC), Sweetpea <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:44:22 +1300, Richard wrote:
    >>
    >>> BR wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>> I bought a brand new player off Trademe that can do all those things
    >>>> and more, for less than sixty bucks.
    >>> If its one of the china special ones imported by some random, then good
    >>> luck when it breaks or needs software upgrades.

    >> If it breaks within the warranty period then return it to the place you purchased it from, otherwise tough.
    >>
    >> Can't think of any reason why an MP3 playing device should require software upgrades - they should
    >> just work like any other appliance.

    >
    >
    > All the good ones have software upgrades that is very Normal
    >
    > And from what I have just seen most of the TradeMe MP3 players that I looked
    > at had 7 or 30 day warranties..
    >
    > Seems to me they are just Junk..


    Mostly they are, there are a few good ones coming out of china but they
    get lost among all the ipod lookalike crap. Trademe dont let you sell
    things that look like an apple product anymore, so that has made the
    selection on there slightly better now, but still lots of total junk.
     
    Richard, Jan 11, 2010
    #11
  12. Hi there,

    Mary Hanna wrote:
    > On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 08:09:37 +0000 (UTC), Sweetpea <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 18:51:36 +1300, Mary Hanna wrote:
    >>
    >>> Transend MP860
    >>>
    >>> http://www.transcendusa.com/Products...nc1No=&Func2No=
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> MP860 8GB goes for $144nz, plus it has a 2.4" screen and takes MicroSDHC
    >>> upto 16GB, Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files, worth a look at.
    >>>
    >>>
    >>> Features
    >>> - 2.4-inch QVGA (240 x 320 pixel) full-color TFT display - microSD and
    >>> microSDHC card expansion slot - Plays MP3, WMA, WMA-DRM10 (subscription
    >>> music), OGG, FLAC and WAV music files
    >>> - Plays MPEG4 SP(Xvid) and FLV files

    >> Nice to see that it can play OGG files, but it seems rather expensive just for a small personal music
    >> player.

    >
    >
    > No its Very Very Cheap and its just a music player.
    >
    > The Samsung T10 4GB are on sale at H N for $199 and these are old..


    Never buy anything from Hardly Normals - always end-of-line and well
    overpriced. As for the T10 my partner had one - was happy w/ it until
    the screen cracked carrying it in her pocket - a common complaint.

    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson,
    Brisbane, Australia.

    "I got this moron thing I do, its called thinking..."
    - George Carlin RIP -
     
    Chris Wilkinson, Jan 19, 2010
    #12
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. John Horner
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    524
  2. Careers
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    612
    Ben Measures
    Jan 31, 2004
  3. =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=

    I think I will get this and I think I will get that

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=, Mar 15, 2006, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    19
    Views:
    504
    =?iso-8859-1?Q?mark=5Fdigital=A9?=
    Mar 18, 2006
  4. Paul Blarmy

    Copying MP3 files to an MP3 Player

    Paul Blarmy, Jan 20, 2008, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    7
    Views:
    976
    Paul Blarmy
    Jan 25, 2008
  5. music-fan
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    2,349
    music-fan
    Dec 24, 2009
Loading...

Share This Page