    watching movies on tv and it popped in my head.

    Zilch to go on really....but hey, it doesnt hurt to ask

    Any thoughts?
    TSKO, May 9, 2007

  2. TSKO

    Fake Name Guest

    On Wed, 09 May 2007 12:22:01 GMT, "TSKO" <> wrote:

    >Okay...I barely have anything to describe about this movie......but I am
    >going to give it a go anyways.
    >
    >A box set of pirate movies comes out this week and it has me thinking...
    >
    >I remember a old old movie...a pirate movie....that a ship was bombarding a
    >castle that was on top of a cliff...in one scene.
    >
    >Yes, that is all I remember. Just thinking back to those younger days
    >watching movies on tv and it popped in my head.
    >
    >Zilch to go on really....but hey, it doesnt hurt to ask
    >
    >Any thoughts?

    In March of 1853 Drake et al. raided Panama from the Atlantic side.
    This involved bombarding a fort from the Sea and has made its way into
    film several times I suspect. Drake was technically in command of a
    private Man of War and therefore a Privateer not a pirate.

    There is a scene in "Horatio Hornblower" wherein a British squadron of
    ships of the line bombards a French gun emplacement; it was the French
    fort at the port of Rosas.

    Are you certain that it was pirates? Was the film in color or was it
    black and white?
    Fake Name, May 9, 2007

  3. TSKO

    Fake Name Guest

    On Wed, 09 May 2007 12:22:01 GMT, "TSKO" <> wrote:

    >Okay...I barely have anything to describe about this movie......but I am
    >going to give it a go anyways.
    >
    >A box set of pirate movies comes out this week and it has me thinking...
    >
    >I remember a old old movie...a pirate movie....that a ship was bombarding a
    >castle that was on top of a cliff...in one scene.
    >
    >Yes, that is all I remember. Just thinking back to those younger days
    >watching movies on tv and it popped in my head.
    >
    >Zilch to go on really....but hey, it doesnt hurt to ask
    >
    >Any thoughts?

    Oops the date fro Drake should have been 1540. My mind was elsewhere.
    Fake Name, May 9, 2007
  4. TSKO

    the pilgrim Guest

    Re: Re: A movie assist

    On Wed, 09 May 2007 12:31:50 -0500, Fake Name <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 09 May 2007 12:22:01 GMT, "TSKO" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Okay...I barely have anything to describe about this movie......but I am
    >>going to give it a go anyways.
    >>
    >>A box set of pirate movies comes out this week and it has me thinking...
    >>
    >>I remember a old old movie...a pirate movie....that a ship was bombarding a
    >>castle that was on top of a cliff...in one scene.
    >>
    >>Yes, that is all I remember. Just thinking back to those younger days
    >>watching movies on tv and it popped in my head.
    >>
    >>Zilch to go on really....but hey, it doesnt hurt to ask
    >>
    >>Any thoughts?
    >>

    >In March of 1853 Drake et al. raided Panama from the Atlantic side.
    >This involved bombarding a fort from the Sea and has made its way into
    >film several times I suspect. Drake was technically in command of a
    >private Man of War and therefore a Privateer not a pirate.
    >
    >There is a scene in "Horatio Hornblower" wherein a British squadron of
    >ships of the line bombards a French gun emplacement; it was the French
    >fort at the port of Rosas.
    >
    >Are you certain that it was pirates? Was the film in color or was it
    >black and white?

    How about Captain Blood (1935) with Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland?
    the pilgrim, May 9, 2007
  5. TSKO

    Bill's News Guest

    "Fake Name" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 09 May 2007 12:22:01 GMT, "TSKO" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>Okay...I barely have anything to describe about this
    >>movie......but I am
    >>going to give it a go anyways.
    >>
    >>A box set of pirate movies comes out this week and it has me
    >>thinking...
    >>
    >>I remember a old old movie...a pirate movie....that a ship was
    >>bombarding a
    >>castle that was on top of a cliff...in one scene.
    >>
    >>Yes, that is all I remember. Just thinking back to those
    >>younger days
    >>watching movies on tv and it popped in my head.
    >>
    >>Zilch to go on really....but hey, it doesnt hurt to ask
    >>
    >>Any thoughts?
    >>

    > Oops the date fro Drake should have been 1540. My mind was
    > elsewhere.

    Having a George Bush moment, eh? ;-0)
    Bill's News, May 13, 2007
  6. TSKO

    TSKO Guest

    Re: Re: A movie assist

    "the pilgrim" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 09 May 2007 12:31:50 -0500, Fake Name <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 09 May 2007 12:22:01 GMT, "TSKO" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Okay...I barely have anything to describe about this movie......but I am
    >>>going to give it a go anyways.
    >>>
    >>>A box set of pirate movies comes out this week and it has me thinking...
    >>>
    >>>I remember a old old movie...a pirate movie....that a ship was bombarding
    >>>castle that was on top of a cliff...in one scene.
    >>>
    >>>Yes, that is all I remember. Just thinking back to those younger days
    >>>watching movies on tv and it popped in my head.
    >>>
    >>>Zilch to go on really....but hey, it doesnt hurt to ask
    >>>
    >>>Any thoughts?
    >>>

    >>In March of 1853 Drake et al. raided Panama from the Atlantic side.
    >>This involved bombarding a fort from the Sea and has made its way into
    >>film several times I suspect. Drake was technically in command of a
    >>private Man of War and therefore a Privateer not a pirate.
    >>
    >>There is a scene in "Horatio Hornblower" wherein a British squadron of
    >>ships of the line bombards a French gun emplacement; it was the French
    >>fort at the port of Rosas.
    >>
    >>Are you certain that it was pirates? Was the film in color or was it
    >>black and white?
    >>

    > How about Captain Blood (1935) with Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland?

    I think it was Capt Blood

    Thanx for the info
    TSKO, May 13, 2007
  7. TSKO

    the pilgrim Guest

    Re: Re: Re: A movie assist

    On Sun, 13 May 2007 17:18:40 GMT, "TSKO" <> wrote:

    >"the pilgrim" <> wrote in message

    >>>In March of 1853 Drake et al. raided Panama from the Atlantic side.
    >>>This involved bombarding a fort from the Sea and has made its way into
    >>>film several times I suspect. Drake was technically in command of a
    >>>private Man of War and therefore a Privateer not a pirate.
    >>>
    >>>There is a scene in "Horatio Hornblower" wherein a British squadron of
    >>>ships of the line bombards a French gun emplacement; it was the French
    >>>fort at the port of Rosas.
    >>>
    >>>Are you certain that it was pirates? Was the film in color or was it
    >>>black and white?
    >>>

    >> How about Captain Blood (1935) with Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland?
    >>

    >I think it was Capt Blood
    >
    >Thanx for the info

    You're welcome. Netflix has this classic.
    the pilgrim, May 13, 2007
  8. TSKO

    TSKO Guest

    Re: Re: Re: A movie assist

    > On Sun, 13 May 2007 17:18:40 GMT, "TSKO" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"the pilgrim" <> wrote in message

    >>> How about Captain Blood (1935) with Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland?
    >>>

    >>I think it was Capt Blood
    >>
    >>Thanx for the info
    >>

    > You're welcome. Netflix has this classic.

    Oh, I have it...I think it is in the current Errol Flynn boxset. I just
    havent broke it out yet to watch it.

    Thanx again
    TSKO, May 14, 2007