    It's not what you're thinking, so get those thoughts out of your minds. This is a clean site, after all. Big Al just celebrated his birthday, and the Mrs. presented him with a total surprise gift - she had the two magazines that featured my computer mods framed! Yes, yes, I know. I've been framed. That's better than being flamed! Anyway, check out these pictures:

    [​IMG][​IMG]

    Last edited: Jan 30, 2006
    bigal, Jan 30, 2006

  2. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Nice catch Big Al :)

    I see you in the picture :), nice white shirt :)

    [​IMG]

    Attached Files:

    Last edited: Jan 30, 2006
    unholy, Jan 30, 2006

  3. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Haha, cool, I did the exact same thing with my issue of PC Modder, two copies, one open to the mod and the other of the cover, except my bg is black. Great minds think alike. :)

    The Modfather, Jan 30, 2006
  4. bigal

    Ian Administrator

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2005
    Messages:
    1,127
    Nice one guys :D Thats pretty damn cool having your own feature in print :)

    Ian, Jan 30, 2006
  5. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Did you know....

    ...that I was wearing my "Big Al's Computers" T-shirt? Ha! You thought you saw it all. Anyway, good catch. :lollypop:

    She really gave me no indication that I wouldn't get these two magazines back. She had taken them into work a few months ago, to show her coworkers what her husband was up to. I asked for them back a while ago, but soon forgot about it. Little did I know...:beer:

    bigal, Jan 30, 2006
  6. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Shes a sneaky one :)

    unholy, Jan 30, 2006
  7. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    You gonna put a light in it? I want to do that with mine, I was trying to think of a cool way to put CCFL's in it without having to have an ugly PSU and all that with it. :)

    The Modfather, Jan 30, 2006
  8. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    You want it backlit :) Maybe El wire (keeps it dull yet with light)?

    unholy, Jan 30, 2006
  9. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Nope...

    ...I don't think I want to mod the frames or otherwise mess with the pictures. I could mount a light above to shine down on them, but maybe it's better to just hang them on the wall near the machines. I don't want to make the other computer jealous....know what I mean?:bee:

    bigal, Jan 31, 2006
  10. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Thanks Ian...

    By the way, the forums have been working well, and the review posting is fine too. Maybe you're ok after all....:beer:

    bigal, Jan 31, 2006
  11. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Yer i will be here for awhile longer :) and semi working at my other site :)

    unholy, Jan 31, 2006
  12. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    WHAT other site?

    Since Infinity seems to be down the crapper, why don't we all trash our sites and put together one mondo huge f'n site together? I mean Al, Ian, X, Un, and me.

    The Modfather, Jan 31, 2006
  13. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Actually...

    ....I've also been busy at another site. Get with the program, Modfather!:lollypop:

    bigal, Jan 31, 2006
  14. bigal

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Again I'll say, WHAT other site? Nobody gave me a copy of the program man.

    The Modfather, Jan 31, 2006
  15. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Yes we did, it was labeled. "The Alliance"

    unholy, Jan 31, 2006
  16. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I've signed up...

    ...to do periodic reviews at http://www.fastlanehw.com; they are trying to get back on their feet again. So I'm going to be a part-time reviewer at several sites until I get bored or overwhelmed.

    bigal, Jan 31, 2006
  17. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Thats some more press action right there Al, be careful some people might not like you showing off your extreme skill, i think your doing great for yourself :)

    unholy, Jan 31, 2006
  18. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Thanks.

    I just hope I don't get overwhelmed with things. My first love is modding cases, followed by add-on boxes like external storage drives / optical drives. That's followed by participating in several forums. There isn't much time for doing reviews, but I'll get a few accomplished over the year.

    bigal, Feb 1, 2006
  19. bigal

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    Go Al, its was ya birthday!!! :)

    unholy, Feb 1, 2006
  20. bigal

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Are any of you guys...

    ....interested in joining the http://www.fastlanehw.com forums too? I'm not asking anybody to abandon this site, as I like VelocityReviews quite a bit. I'm just curious if anybody has checked them out.

    Overall, it's more enlightening to check out several forums for new topics and ideas. It gives you the ability to pass on some good instruction, and it exposes you to other people's ideas / mods. I seem to enjoy helping a small site grow, but large sites, with thousands of active members, can provide you the critical support you need in times of desperation. If I have an AMD motherboard issue that I can't figure out, the first place I go is http://forums.pcper.com/ , which was the old http://www.amdmb.com . They have 125,289 treads for AMD motherboards alone!

    bigal, Feb 1, 2006