    two should be plenty for federally elected officials.

    But you know the people who write those laws ain't gonna cut their own
    throats, ever.
    richard, Aug 26, 2009

  2. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 00:12:46 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >But you know the people who write those laws ain't gonna cut their own
    >throats, ever.

    Ever hear of the 22nd Amendment?

    Didn't think so.
    Evan Platt, Aug 26, 2009

  3. philo <> pinched out a steaming pile of<-
    >:

    >richard wrote:
    >> Ok that's long enough.
    >>
    >> Long term carpetbagging US Senator Ted Kennedy is now once again in
    >> the arms of his brothers Jack and Bobby.

    http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/26/obit.ted.kennedy/index.html?eref
    =igoogle_cnn

    >> Over 40 years as an elected US Senator. Already a millionaire, I'm
    >> certain Mr. Kennedy added to his pockets from the generosity of
    >> lobbyists of various special interests. Not to mention various
    >> expensive gifts and perks from outside sources.
    >>
    >> Mr. Kennedy is a perfect example of why we need to limit the terms

    of
    >> elected officials. If two terms is good enough for the President,

    then
    >> two should be plenty for federally elected officials.
    >>
    >> But you know the people who write those laws ain't gonna cut their

    own
    >> throats, ever.

    >I am a Democrat (or at least usually vote that way).
    >
    >Nope, can't say anything good about him though.

    Sure, never let ignorance stop ye :)

    >Don't know for sure, but maybe he was nice to his mother???

    Or...
    " He authored or argued for legislation that ensured a variety of civil
    rights, increased the minimum wage in 1981, made access to health care
    easier for the indigent, and funded Meals on Wheels for fixed-income
    seniors. His other successes include reducing the voting age from 21 to
    18, and Title IX, which gave women's athletics much better funding."
    http://www.nndb.com/people/623/000023554/

    http://tedkennedy.com/record

    FYI
    HTH
    HAND

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 26, 2009
  4. richard <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    > Ok that's long enough.

    <SLAP>

    You probably voted at 18 due to Teds desire to give young people the
    right to vote, you gormless knob.

    http://tedkennedy.com/record

    > Long term carpetbagging US Senator Ted Kennedy is now once again in
    > the arms of his brothers Jack and Bobby.

    http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/26/obit.ted.kennedy/index.html?eref
    =igoogle_cnn

    > Over 40 years as an elected US Senator. Already a millionaire, I'm
    > certain<SLAP>

    I'm certain you're a duchebag.

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 26, 2009
  5. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:16:30 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Do you understand what it says? Didn't think so.

    You really lack the basic clue that God gave a singe cell amoeba. I'm
    not going to waste any more time with you, because once you're proven
    wrong, you simply drop from a thread.

    Like your comment on how your USB hard drive is like a flash drive.

    Like your "afro American" thread.

    Like your comment about Obama's parents.

    Do I even need to go on?
    Evan Platt, Aug 26, 2009
  6. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 09:43:40 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >And every time you have been proven wrong, you ain't gonna waste your
    >time with me no more. Yet, you keep coming back, and back, and back.

    LOL. When? Huh? When st00pid? Like the 300 people sharing the same IP
    address? Or any of the other threads I mentioned? When have you proven
    me wrong? I'd love to hear this.

    >Like in this thread you're trying to claim that the 22nd amendment
    >applies to US senators. If that were true, Teddy would have retired 20
    >years ago.

    You. Just. Don't. Get. It.

    "But you know the people who write those laws ain't gonna cut their
    own throats, ever."

    You don't think the then President had any say in the 22nd amendment?

    There's other times Senate or Congress has done things like that to
    'cut their own throats', look it up.

    Evan Platt, Aug 26, 2009
  7. richard

    chuckcar Guest

    philo <> wrote in

    > richard wrote:
    >> Ok that's long enough.
    >>
    >> Long term carpetbagging US Senator Ted Kennedy is now once again in
    >> the arms of his brothers Jack and Bobby.
    >>
    >> http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/26/obit.ted.kennedy/index.html?eref=
    >> igoogle_cnn
    >>
    >> Over 40 years as an elected US Senator. Already a millionaire, I'm
    >> certain Mr. Kennedy added to his pockets from the generosity of
    >> lobbyists of various special interests. Not to mention various
    >> expensive gifts and perks from outside sources.
    >>
    >> Mr. Kennedy is a perfect example of why we need to limit the terms of
    >> elected officials. If two terms is good enough for the President, then
    >> two should be plenty for federally elected officials.
    >>
    >> But you know the people who write those laws ain't gonna cut their own
    >> throats, ever.

    > I am a Democrat (or at least usually vote that way).
    >
    > Nope, can't say anything good about him though.
    >
    > Don't know for sure, but maybe he was nice to his mother???

    It continually amazes me just how fatally the US populace doesn't get
    liberal politics and the whole point of government - Even after forcibly
    reading your own declaration of independence for education purposes - "a
    government *of* the people *for* the people *by* the people".

    Teddy Kennedy was the most outspoken politician in the senate on just that
    and almost exclusively that.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Aug 26, 2009
  8. richard

    XS11E Guest

    XS11E, Aug 26, 2009
  9. richard

    Guest

    XS11E <> wrote:

    >richard <> wrote:
    >
    >> Ok that's long enough.

    >Time for a commercial break...
    >
    >http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=811054

    Haven't seen that for "Ad" in years, that was mentioned just a few
    months ago in this group.

    It's taken from an old National Lampoon mag.
    You know National Lampoon:
    http://blogs.ilw.com/.shared/image.html?/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/06/7.jpg
    just in case http://tinyurl.com/ltl7dg

    --

    Heavy transport chopper, plus a little dust and a touch of static electricity
    http://www.hardocp.com/images/news/1251294619P4hIDhKw3c_1_1_l.jpg