    Just think, long after you've found a girlfriend, or otherwise
    gotten a life, rec.photo.digital will still be going strong.

    Must be a real boil on your ass knowing that.

    Rick, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Rick

    ~ Darrell ~ Guest

    I believe it's the work of several people. Sort of a Hipcrime to various
    usenet groups. IMHO a single poster couldn't keep up the pace, or would have
    become bored by now. Most trolls are short term annoyances, the use of
    several ISPs in several cities, now advanced to dizum seems to bear out a
    group.

    ~ Darrell ~, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Rick

    Shane Baker Guest

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:03:43 GMT, "~ Darrell ~" <> wrote:

    >"Rick" <> wrote in message
    >> Just think, long after you've found a girlfriend, or otherwise
    >> gotten a life, rec.photo.digital will still be going strong.
    >>
    >> Must be a real boil on your ass knowing that.

    >I believe it's the work of several people. Sort of a Hipcrime to various
    >usenet groups. IMHO a single poster couldn't keep up the pace, or would have
    >become bored by now. Most trolls are short term annoyances, the use of
    >several ISPs in several cities, now advanced to dizum seems to bear out a
    >group.

    One thing's for certain: they have the boredom threshold of a flat
    worm! And they must bugger-all else to do!

    Pathetic prats.

    Shane Baker
    ______________________

    Canberra, Australia

    Shane Baker, Apr 13, 2004
  4. Rick

    Norman Guest

    On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:03:43 GMT, "~ Darrell ~" <> wrote:

    >I believe it's the work of several people. Sort of a Hipcrime to various
    >usenet groups. IMHO a single poster couldn't keep up the pace, or would have
    >become bored by now. Most trolls are short term annoyances, the use of
    >several ISPs in several cities, now advanced to dizum seems to bear out a
    >group.

    What "several" people? Nah. Only one person is required. Sort the posts by
    thread. You'll see 5-10 off-topic posts by the same "user" (sometimes 2-3 sets
    by different "users") almost daily. Each of these messages is cross-posted to
    2-3 other groups. These are the "seed" messages. The rest of the crap is posted
    by idiots who reply to the messages.

    It's a rather simple method, and actually requires minimal effort. The beauty of
    it is that it relies upon the stupidity of the average Usenet poster, who love
    to respond to a Troll. In fact, today, checking headers, I found over 200
    followups to the seed posts in the 3 days since I last checked.

    Unfortunately, many seed posts go through Dizum, and they don't seem to care if
    people abuse their service. Other posts appear to go through Google. They may be
    more responsive to complants. Basically, you're left with complaining to your
    news provider to see if they'll filter out the crap for you.

    For now, what I do is manually ID these "seed" users, and set Agent filters to
    ignore their posts (and thus, their threads). It's a kludgy way to do things,
    because it doesn't actually delete the posts. Unfortunately, because of the way
    Agent works and the number of morons that post followups, it's about all I can
    think of right now.

    - ---
    Norman
    Please reply via group. E-mail ID does not exist.

    Norman, Apr 17, 2004
  5. Rick

    Rick Guest

    "Norman" <> wrote in message news:...
    > On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:03:43 GMT, "~ Darrell ~" <> wrote:
    > It's a rather simple method, and actually requires minimal effort.
    > The beauty of it

    There IS no beauty of it. These are lonely and in some cases
    sociopathic people who have nothing better to do with their
    lives than stare at computer monitors and try to disrupt news
    groups. Utterly sad.

    Rick

    Rick, Apr 17, 2004