A Math Lesson

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gary G. Taylor, Aug 10, 2003.

  1. A Math Lesson

    Below is a mathematics lesson you were probably never taught in school.

    From a strictly mathematical viewpoint it goes like this:
    What's 100%?
    What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?
    Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%?

    We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over
    100%. How about achieving 103%?
    Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these
    questions: What makes up 100% in life?

    If:
    A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
    are represented as:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

    Then:

    H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
    8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

    K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
    11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

    A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
    1+20+20+9+20+21+4 + 5 = 100%

    B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
    21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

    AND, look how far ass kissing will take you

    A-S-S--K-I-S-S-I-N-G
    1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%

    So, one can then conclude with mathematical certainty that:
    While, Hard work and knowledge will get you close,
    and, Attitude will get you there,
    Bullshit and Ass kissing will put you over the top.
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    Gary G. Taylor, Aug 10, 2003

  2. Gary G. Taylor

    Bryan Guest

    "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > A Math Lesson
    >
    > Below is a mathematics lesson you were probably never taught in
    > school.
    >
    > From a strictly mathematical viewpoint it goes like this:
    > What's 100%?
    > What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?
    > Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%?
    >
    > We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give
    > over 100%. How about achieving 103%?
    > Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these
    > questions: What makes up 100% in life?
    >
    > If:
    > A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
    > are represented as:
    > 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    >
    > Then:
    >
    > H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
    > 8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%
    >
    > K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
    > 11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%
    >
    > A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
    > 1+20+20+9+20+21+4 + 5 = 100%
    >
    > B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
    > 21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%
    >
    > AND, look how far ass kissing will take you
    >
    > A-S-S--K-I-S-S-I-N-G
    > 1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%
    >
    > So, one can then conclude with mathematical certainty that:
    > While, Hard work and knowledge will get you close,
    > and, Attitude will get you there,
    > Bullshit and Ass kissing will put you over the top.

    LOL
    stolen
    Bryan, Aug 10, 2003

  3. Gary G. Taylor

    area 51 Guest

    > A Math Lesson
    >
    > Below is a mathematics lesson you were probably never taught in

    school.

    > From a strictly mathematical viewpoint it goes like this:
    > What's 100%?
    > What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?
    > Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%?
    >
    > We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give

    over
    > 100%. How about achieving 103%?
    > Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these
    > questions: What makes up 100% in life?
    >
    > If:
    > A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
    > are represented as:
    > 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    >
    > Then:
    >
    > H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
    > 8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%
    >
    > K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
    > 11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%
    >
    > A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
    > 1+20+20+9+20+21+4 + 5 = 100%
    >
    > B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
    > 21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%
    >
    > AND, look how far ass kissing will take you
    >
    > A-S-S--K-I-S-S-I-N-G
    > 1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%
    >
    > So, one can then conclude with mathematical certainty that:
    > While, Hard work and knowledge will get you close,
    > and, Attitude will get you there,
    > Bullshit and Ass kissing will put you over the top.
    > --
    > Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    > gary at cdfound dot org / http:// geetee dot cdfound dot org
    > "The two most abundant things in the universe
    > are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison

    Brilliant....
    area 51, Aug 10, 2003
  4. Gary G. Taylor

    blob Guest

    > A Math Lesson
    >
    > Below is a mathematics lesson you were probably never taught in school.
    >
    > From a strictly mathematical viewpoint it goes like this:
    > What's 100%?
    > What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?
    > Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%?
    >
    > We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over
    > 100%. How about achieving 103%?
    > Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these
    > questions: What makes up 100% in life?
    >
    > If:
    > A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
    > are represented as:
    > 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    >
    > Then:
    >
    > H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
    > 8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%
    >
    > K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
    > 11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%
    >
    > A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
    > 1+20+20+9+20+21+4 + 5 = 100%
    >
    > B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
    > 21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%
    >
    > AND, look how far ass kissing will take you
    >
    > A-S-S--K-I-S-S-I-N-G
    > 1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%
    >
    > So, one can then conclude with mathematical certainty that:
    > While, Hard work and knowledge will get you close,
    > and, Attitude will get you there,
    > Bullshit and Ass kissing will put you over the top.
    > --
    > Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    > gary at cdfound dot org / http:// geetee dot cdfound dot org
    > "The two most abundant things in the universe
    > are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison

    This isn't a joke group. Go to alt.jokes or something.
    blob, Aug 10, 2003
  5. Gary G. Taylor

    Guest

    On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 11:07:31 +0100, "blob" <> wrote:

    >"Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in message
    >> A Math Lesson
    >>
    >> Below is a mathematics lesson you were probably never taught in school.

    <snip>

    >This isn't a joke group. Go to alt.jokes or something.

    I agree, this isn't. But some of the technical advice I see given
    here has me ROTFLMAO to the point I bust my gut. <g>
    , Aug 10, 2003
  6. Gary G. Taylor

    why? Guest

    On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 11:07:31 +0100, blob wrote:

    >"Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in message
    >> A Math Lesson
    >>
    >> Below is a mathematics lesson you were probably never taught in school.
    >>
    >> From a strictly mathematical viewpoint it goes like this:
    >> What's 100%?
    >> What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?

    <snip>
    >> So, one can then conclude with mathematical certainty that:
    >> While, Hard work and knowledge will get you close,
    >> and, Attitude will get you there,
    >> Bullshit and Ass kissing will put you over the top.
    >> --
    >> Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    <snip>
    >This isn't a joke group. Go to alt.jokes or something.

    Group moderator alert.

    Me
    why?, Aug 10, 2003
  7. Gary G. Taylor

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as Gary G. Taylor continued:

    > A Math Lesson

    :)
    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Aug 10, 2003
  8. Gary G. Taylor

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as blob continued:

    > This isn't a joke group. Go to alt.jokes or something.

    Have you come to save us ?

    --
    slumpy
    no more
    slumpy, Aug 10, 2003
  9. Gary G. Taylor

    Kraftee Guest

    > "Gary G. Taylor" <> wrote in message
    >> A Math Lesson
    >>
    >> Below is a mathematics lesson you were probably never taught in
    >> school.
    >>
    >> From a strictly mathematical viewpoint it goes like this:
    >> What's 100%?
    >> What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?
    >> Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than
    >> 100%?
    >>
    >> We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give
    >> over 100%. How about achieving 103%?
    >> Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer

    these
    >> questions: What makes up 100% in life?
    >>
    >> If:
    >> A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y

    >> are represented as:
    >> 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

    26

    >> Then:
    >>
    >> H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
    >> 8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%
    >>
    >> K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
    >> 11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%
    >>
    >> A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
    >> 1+20+20+9+20+21+4 + 5 = 100%
    >>
    >> B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
    >> 21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%
    >>
    >> AND, look how far ass kissing will take you
    >>
    >> A-S-S--K-I-S-S-I-N-G
    >> 1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%
    >>
    >> So, one can then conclude with mathematical certainty that:
    >> While, Hard work and knowledge will get you close,
    >> and, Attitude will get you there,
    >> Bullshit and Ass kissing will put you over the top.
    >> --
    >> Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA
    >> gary at cdfound dot org / http:// geetee dot cdfound dot org
    >> "The two most abundant things in the universe
    >> are hydrogen and stupidity." --Harlan Ellison

    > This isn't a joke group. Go to alt.jokes or something.

    Looked in the mirror recently???

    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....
    Kraftee, Aug 10, 2003
  10. Gary G. Taylor

    Miggsee Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as blob continued:
    >
    > > This isn't a joke group. Go to alt.jokes or something.

    > Have you come to save us ?

    TINU :)
    Miggsee, Aug 10, 2003
  11. Gary G. Taylor

    Miggsee Guest

    "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > threw back my head and roared with laughter as Miggsee continued:
    >
    > > "slumpy" <> wrote in message
    > >> "So, Mr Slumpy you *really* are the perpetual comedian, aren't you
    > >> ?" I threw back my head and roared with laughter as blob continued:

    > >> Have you come to save us ?

    > > TINU :)

    > So there isn't. So either you or I don't currently exist ;-)

    I don't know about you, but I don't exist until after my second cup of
    coffee!!
    Miggsee, Aug 10, 2003
  12. On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 02:19:25 -0700, "Gary G. Taylor"
    <> said:

    >A Math Lesson
    >
    >Below is a mathematics lesson you were probably never taught in school.
    >
    >From a strictly mathematical viewpoint it goes like this:
    >What's 100%?
    >What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?
    >Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%?
    >
    >We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over
    >100%. How about achieving 103%?
    >Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these
    >questions: What makes up 100% in life?
    >
    >If:
    >A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
    >are represented as:
    >1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
    >
    >Then:
    >
    >H-A-R-D-W-O-R-K
    >8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%
    >
    >K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E
    >11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%
    >
    >A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E
    >1+20+20+9+20+21+4 + 5 = 100%
    >
    >B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T
    >21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%
    >
    >AND, look how far ass kissing will take you
    >
    >A-S-S--K-I-S-S-I-N-G
    >1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%
    >
    >So, one can then conclude with mathematical certainty that:
    >While, Hard work and knowledge will get you close,
    >and, Attitude will get you there,
    >Bullshit and Ass kissing will put you over the top.

    This is most exellent Gary, thanks.

    --

    Armed with that knowledge, I am well qualified to tell you that if you
    have taken the time to research me, you have practicaly no life.
    Phineas P. Hornswaggle, Aug 10, 2003
  13. Gary G. Taylor

    Jim PKP Guest

    In article <bh52n0$ufvcr$-berlin.de>,
    says...
    > A Math Lesson
    >
    > Below is a mathematics lesson you were probably never taught in school.
    >
    > From a strictly mathematical viewpoint it goes like this:
    > What's 100%?
    > What does it mean to give MORE than 100%?
    > Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%?
    >
    > We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over
    > 100%. How about achieving 103%?
    > Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these
    > questions: What makes up 100% in life?

    That's fucking ridiculous. Are you American?
    --
    | | PKP |
    Jim PKP, Aug 10, 2003