    books which I should study and are there any magazines available here
    in the uk which are helpfull. Thanks.

    , Apr 20, 2007

  2. Adebisi Guest

    On Apr 20, 6:18 am, wrote:
    > I am thinking of doing my A+ exam and would appreciate details of any
    > books which I should study and are there any magazines available here
    > in the uk which are helpfull. Thanks.

    I cannot recommend any books by name, but I found the very best study
    aid I could buy was pre-printed flash cards.

    If you find a set of those, I would grab em.

    I totally smoked my A+ exam thanks to those babies. The A+ is not a
    hard exam, but I would ad that this is provided you have studied. I
    think anyone who has not studied the exact content the exam tests for
    would find it a bit more difficult then most credit it to be.

    Adebisi, Apr 21, 2007

  3. Tom Miller Guest

    >I am thinking of doing my A+ exam and would appreciate details of any
    > books which I should study and are there any magazines available here
    > in the uk which are helpfull. Thanks.

    I had good luck with the Dummies guide to A+ for the actual exam
    preperation. But if your wanting to learn what an A+ does you need one of
    the 200+ page books rather than an "exam prep" guide. Another good resource
    is: http://www.certmag.com/ You can subscribe to the paper version for
    free.

    --
    Tom Miller, Occasional PowerUser (Mcp, Mous, A+) and sometime Web Developer
    Wannabe, More at: http://bccs.chatnfiles.com/ecard3.htm, International

    Tom Miller, Apr 29, 2007
  4. eDog Guest

    Not sure what you mean by "200+ page books".

    The shorter books (like FastTrack. FastPass etc) all come in close to 200
    pages and the complete exam prep books come in at around 1200 pages these
    days.

    When I see a book for this particular exam coming in at around a 1000
    pages, I feel like the author is using too many words to communicate
    effectively. I think the book publishers are competing with each other to
    market the "biggest book" on a given topic.

    Thomson which has its tentacles in all kinds of computer aided intruction
    and computer based testing for more than just the IT field has some books
    out I am considering the "A+ In Depth Boook" for the 2006 objectives and
    it too comes in at over 1000 pages *sigh*

    eDog, May 21, 2007