    significantly lower than the best Internet prices. I'd think with
    publishing schedules it would be the other way around. Anyone know
    what's up?
    laocmo, Jun 13, 2004

  2. laocmo

    Donald Gray Guest

    On 13 Jun 2004 10:29:46 -0700, (laocmo) wrote:

    >I seem to detect the current magazine prices for a Canon 10D are
    >significantly lower than the best Internet prices. I'd think with
    >publishing schedules it would be the other way around. Anyone know
    >what's up?

    From my experience, adverts in UK magazines seem to be set 6 weeks
    ahead of publication date.

    When I wanted to get a Nikon 5700, I got 2 - 3 of the latest magazines
    and a block of 'sticky notes'. I tagged each dealer that supplied the
    Nikon and had a web site (99.9% do) and compared prices - After noting
    all the prices, I printed out the appropriate page of the cheapest and
    went down to the local store of a 'national' dealer and asked if they
    would match the price - they did....(They wont give a discount if you
    don't ask for one!) Plus the 100 UK pounds cash back from Nikon, I
    saved 300 pounds by a doing a couple of hours homework.

    Generally, I have found 'net prices cheaper than store or magazine
    prices. The opposite of your experience. Strange init.

    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk
    Donald Gray, Jun 13, 2004

  3. laocmo

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    you are reading the prices from the rip-off shops who never deliver at the
    price they advertise.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto
    Tony Spadaro, Jun 13, 2004
  4. laocmo

    Donald Gray Guest

    On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 21:06:07 GMT, "Tony Spadaro"
    <> wrote:

    >you are reading the prices from the rip-off shops who never deliver at the
    >price they advertise.

    Another blanket 'tar all' comment.
    What a crass comment Tony.

    How the hell do you know which adverts I read.

    Go away and think about it. (Hint: you weren't there!)
    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk
    Donald Gray, Jun 13, 2004
  5. laocmo

    Mark B. Guest

    "laocmo" <> wrote in message
    > I seem to detect the current magazine prices for a Canon 10D are
    > significantly lower than the best Internet prices. I'd think with
    > publishing schedules it would be the other way around. Anyone know
    > what's up?

    Depends on which adverts you're talking about.

    Mark
    Mark B., Jun 14, 2004
  6. laocmo

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    If you ask, for an opiion - you are going to get one. My opinion is that you
    are a complete shitehead and not worth further waste of time, so I'm
    killfiling your moron ass. I hope you do the same for me as I don't think an
    Ahole like you can benefit from my knowledge or experience anyway and I
    don't wish to be blamed for the stupid things you will do. Farewell loser.

    Tony Spadaro, Jun 14, 2004