A lot of 2nd and 3rd emails have just arrived.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by geopelia, Dec 3, 2013.

  1. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    A huge lot of 2nd and 3rd emails have just arrived. Thanks to all, but it
    looks as though it is just a long private argument among our computer
    experts. I don't understand it so won't take sides. I suppose they were held
    up and have just been put into the system.

    As far as I can tell, my computer and the emails are now working as well as
    ever.
    Facebook still jumps around on the page, but it seems to happen when Slate
    gets into a thread. I suppose something is incompatible.
    Not to worry, I can still read it in small chunks.

    As for American spelling, if they want to change some words good luck to
    them. A last protest against King George?

    Anything I send them mentioning "bush" (the vegetation) they change to
    "brush" when it appears in print. And they change my spelling.
    "A bird in the hand is worth two in the brush" ?

    Geopelia
    geopelia, Dec 3, 2013

  2. geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    In article <l7k55h$1mf$>, EMB <> wrote:

    > On 3/12/2013 5:11 p.m., geopelia wrote:
    >
    > > Anything I send them mentioning "bush" (the vegetation) they change to
    > > "brush" when it appears in print. And they change my spelling.
    > > "A bird in the hand is worth two in the brush" ?

    > I blame Basil.
    >
    > Boom boom!

    Basil Bush. ;-)

    (For the humourless: the "r" is missing on purpose.)
    Your Name, Dec 3, 2013

  3. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "geoff" <> wrote in message
    > Your Name wrote:
    >> In article <l7k55h$1mf$>, EMB <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> I blame Basil.
    >>>
    >>> Boom boom!

    >> Basil Bush. ;-)
    >>
    >> (For the humourless: the "r" is missing on purpose.)

    > The words 'Bird 'Hand' and 'Bush' give to me a totally different
    > connotation. But that's just me.....
    >

    > geoff

    Very funny!
    geopelia, Dec 3, 2013
  4. geopelia

    Your Name Guest

    In article <>, geoff
    <> wrote:

    > Your Name wrote:
    > > In article <l7k55h$1mf$>, EMB <>
    > > wrote:

    > >> I blame Basil.
    > >>
    > >> Boom boom!

    > > Basil Bush. ;-)
    > >
    > > (For the humourless: the "r" is missing on purpose.)

    > The words 'Bird 'Hand' and 'Bush' give to me a totally different
    > connotation. But that's just me.....

    Bird -> Big Buird -> Sesame Street -> kids

    Hand -> High Five -> The Wiggles -> kids

    Bush -> US President -> low IQ -> kids

    ;-)
    Your Name, Dec 4, 2013
  5. geopelia

    geopelia Guest

    "geoff" <> wrote in message
    > geopelia wrote:
    >> "geoff" <> wrote in message

    >>> The words 'Bird 'Hand' and 'Bush' give to me a totally different
    >>> connotation. But that's just me.....
    >>>

    >>> geoff
    >>>

    >> Very funny!

    > Phew, was hoping I wouldn't offend you ;-)
    >
    > geoff

    "To the pure all things are pure".

    But I never saw the funny side of that old proverb before.
    Thanks for the laugh!

    Geopelia
    geopelia, Dec 4, 2013