    --
    Regards,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Apr 9, 2006

  2. Waylon Kenning

    Peter Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > I didn't see this posted in here, so I thought I would. Check out
    > http://port25.technet.com/archive/2006/03/31/14.aspx for an article
    > talking about Microsoft's Open Source Software Lab. Running over 300
    > servers, with 15 versions of Unix and 50 Linux distributions, it's pretty
    > interesting to read about Microsoft's thoughts on competition with Linux
    > now, along with interoperability.

    Given MS's track record of deception and unlawful and predatory monopoly
    behaviour, it is difficult to see that this little exercise will be any
    different.
    For example, it enables MS to steal software concepts and methods from open
    source code and to ensure interoperability never happens.

    Peter

    Peter, Apr 9, 2006

  3. On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 06:58:41 +1200, Peter wrote:

    > Given MS's track record of deception and unlawful and predatory monopoly
    > behaviour, it is difficult to see that this little exercise will be any
    > different.

    It is no different.

    Micro$oft would have to do and demonstrate an awful lot more than simply
    to throw up a website that contains more Micro$oft propaganda.

    > For example, it enables MS to steal software concepts and methods from open
    > source code and to ensure interoperability never happens.

    Micro$oft has killed all opposition to itself so far - until it ran into
    Linux.

    The only reason why Apple still survives is because Gate$ bailed it
    out - needing at least one company that can be pointed at as being in
    competition with.

    If Micro$oft was that interested in interoperability with Linux then why
    has it not already and WILLINGLY released proper, accurate, complete, and
    usable documentation about all its APIs and protocols?

    The real reason is that Micro$oft doesn't want other systems being able to
    interact with Micro$oft software. It wants only to be able to interact
    with the other software.

    Again it still does not want an equal playing field.

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, Apr 9, 2006
  4. Waylon Kenning

    Roger_Nickel Guest

    Peter wrote:
    > Waylon Kenning wrote:
    >
    >> I didn't see this posted in here, so I thought I would. Check
    >> out http://port25.technet.com/archive/2006/03/31/14.aspx for
    >> an article talking about Microsoft's Open Source Software
    >> Lab. Running over 300 servers, with 15 versions of Unix and
    >> 50 Linux distributions, it's pretty interesting to read about
    >> Microsoft's thoughts on competition with Linux now, along
    >> with interoperability.

    > Given MS's track record of deception and unlawful and predatory
    > monopoly behaviour, it is difficult to see that this little
    > exercise will be any different. For example, it enables MS to
    > steal software concepts and methods from open source code and
    > to ensure interoperability never happens.
    >

    > Peter

    Might be that MS wants to run MS Office on Linux. That would be
    one for the books.

    Roger_Nickel, Apr 10, 2006