A little guidance/opinion.

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Cruwl, Feb 7, 2007.

  1. Cruwl

    Cruwl Guest

    so i have kinda stalled, basicly i got bored reading the MSpress book.
    Got about 1/3 almost 1/2 of the way through the 70-271 book.
    havnt touched it in about a month.
    I know im slacking.

    Thing is the book really bored me cause so far 95% of the info in these
    chapters i already new for the most part, or just didnt hold my interest.

    My question for you guys is;
    All day long i support users, and there configurations and applications, i
    do very very little TSing or or installing of the actuall OS.
    So would i maybe be better off going for the 70-272 first? as thats what i
    deal with every day is applications?

    Basicly i want to go test next month, or maybe this month to try and kick
    start my slacking behavior

    thanks your opinions are greatly accepted.

    --
    NMCI Support Analyst

    Cruwl, Feb 7, 2007

  2. Have you considered just sitting the 70-271 exam since you do have
    experience and the book bores you due to the fact that you already know
    the material?

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Feb 7, 2007

  3. Cruwl

    Cruwl Guest

    i have thought about that, but the only thing is dont know everything in that
    book per say, it just bores me.

    And because i have 2 years exp Tsing applications more then OS issues i
    figure just sitting the 70-272 might be a better bet.
    i really just need to get my butt in gear and take a weekend and go through
    the book

    i think ill read a little of the 70-272 book and see how much i know out of
    that one, if its the same thing maybe ill just sit it
    IDK.
    I guess im just nervous about actually sitting the test, and second guessing
    my self

    --
    NMCI Support Analyst

    Cruwl, Feb 7, 2007
  4. Cruwl

    Jo Guest

    Best bet that I would do if you're bored "reading" the book is try skimming
    the book. Go through the book and skim over the stuff you know, concentrate
    on items that you have no experience in. I can understand where you're
    coming from - it's simply a lot to absorb and sooner or later you feel
    overwhelmed with the material.

    I'm going over the Press Book a second time - skimming and reviewing this
    time and hope to take the test soon. I may even review my ExamCram2 book
    again so the stuff sinks to the bottom of the brain...

    You need to DEVOTE TIME, otherwise, you will fall behind. Get on the stick,
    get out there and charge ahead....
    --
    Motochick

    Jo, Feb 7, 2007
  5. Cruwl

    Richard Guest

    Okay the book bores you, have you tried the practice exams to get a feel
    for actually taking the test?

    Richard

    PS hope your job isn't that boring

    Richard, Feb 7, 2007
  6. Listen to you! :) I am proud...

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Feb 8, 2007
  7. Cruwl

    Jo Guest

    Michael (yoda - master jedi): All I learned was from YOU. The FORCE is with
    me now..I have turned away from the DARK side of slacking and put my mind to
    the book!
    --
    Motochick

    Jo, Feb 8, 2007
  8. Cruwl

    Nanny Guest

    my advice to combat boredom would be to work on 1 chapter at a time and get
    stuck into the labs provided in the study guide. that way you split the
    theory up with some practical to avoid the dreary prospect of page after page
    after page....Also purchase "transcender or self test (both ms approved) to
    get a feel of the questions you may be asked in the actual exam. I am not the
    best reader in the world but if you "mix" the studying up abit you will see
    the light at the end of the tunnel.

    Nanny, Feb 8, 2007
  9. I got an idea Jo, screw up the most valuable computer at your work and
    troubleshoot it! I was talking to a fellow "studier" like yourself, who
    called me in a panic because he did just that. He thought he needed some
    hands-on experience and took it a little too far by performing his
    "labs" on a work related computer!

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Feb 8, 2007
  10. I had my students one time read the chapters out loud as a Greek tragedy
    one time to combat boredom. It was hilarious. But it worked. They did
    the accents (different voices), impersonations, etc... I wish I would
    have recorded it.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Feb 8, 2007
  11. Cruwl

    Jo Guest

    Michael:

    If I did that, I wouldn't have to worry about taking the 70-271 because I
    would be out of work ! I've had plenty of hands-on experience because that's
    my main work - fixing and restoring pcs. It's the software part that messes
    with my head -where certain windows or tabs are.
    --
    Motochick

    Jo, Feb 9, 2007