    please.

    Thanks,

    Bill Tallman

    William D. Tallman, Jan 4, 2004

  2. William D. Tallman

    JohnO Guest

    It sounds silly but use Scotch Tape. Just put a piece or two on covering the
    LCD and pull it off. It'll lift all the grease and grim of kids fingerprints
    right off.

    JohnO, Jan 4, 2004

  3. JohnO wrote:

    > It sounds silly but use Scotch Tape. Just put a piece or two on covering
    > the LCD and pull it off. It'll lift all the grease and grim of kids
    > fingerprints right off.

    Aha! That works a treat!! Yet another use for scotch tape with a camera.
    Maybe I should keep a roll in the bag.

    Thanks!

    Bill Tallman

    William D. Tallman, Jan 4, 2004
  4. "William D. Tallman" <> writes:

    >So what is recommended to clean the LCD? I tried breath and a microfiber
    >cloth, and succeeded in producing a uniform smear. What is recommended,
    >please.

    I always use lens cleaning fluid. It's basically water plus a gentle
    detergent, and is designed to be safe for AR coatings.

    Don't dribble it over the screen; you don't want any liquid to penetrate
    into the frame around the LCD. Just wet a Q-tip with one or two drops
    of fluid, apply it to the surface, then wipe up the excess with a soft
    cloth. You'll probably end up with a bit of soap residue on the screen,
    but at this point condensed breath and a cloth will remove the residue.

    Dave

    Dave Martindale, Jan 4, 2004
  5. William D. Tallman

    JohnO Guest

    "William D. Tallman" wrote:
    > Yet another use for scotch tape with a camera.
    > Maybe I should keep a roll in the bag.

    LOL ... I do!

    JohnO, Jan 4, 2004
  6. William D. Tallman

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    > I've got a Canon G2. It managed to acquire some fingerprints on the LCD
    > over Christmas (yeah, the kid loved it even though his fingers got where
    > they didn't belong... <grin>).
    >
    > So what is recommended to clean the LCD? I tried breath and a microfiber
    > cloth, and succeeded in producing a uniform smear. What is recommended,
    > please.

    Find a lens cleaning product called ROR at a camera store.

    Liquid... comes in a little bottle.

    Residual Oil Remover.

    Have fun, Dan Sullivan

    Dan Sullivan, Jan 4, 2004
  7. "William D. Tallman" <> wrote in message
    > JohnO wrote:
    >
    > > It sounds silly but use Scotch Tape. Just put a piece or two on covering
    > > the LCD and pull it off. It'll lift all the grease and grim of kids
    > > fingerprints right off.

    > Aha! That works a treat!! Yet another use for scotch tape with a camera.
    > Maybe I should keep a roll in the bag.
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Bill Tallman

    Better still, get a plastic shield from www.daproducts.com. It will keep
    away fingerprints, and - which is more important - scratches.

    Marvin Margoshes, Jan 4, 2004
  8. In article <>,
    "William D. Tallman" <> wrote:

    > I've got a Canon G2. It managed to acquire some fingerprints on the LCD
    > over Christmas (yeah, the kid loved it even though his fingers got where
    > they didn't belong... <grin>).
    >
    > So what is recommended to clean the LCD? I tried breath and a microfiber
    > cloth, and succeeded in producing a uniform smear. What is recommended,
    > please.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Bill Tallman

    Most cameras use polycarbonate LCD covers. It's pretty indestructible
    within reason. Odds are the LCD cover will still be good long after the
    camera is embarrassingly obsolete. A facial tissue is no problem. Just
    try to avoid grinding dirt into it while you clean.

    The one thing that does hurt LCD covers (and polycarbonate CDs) is
    contact with vibration. If anything is pressing against the plastic
    while the camera is in a car or on a bicycle, it will eventually wear
    dimples into it.

    I don't know about the G2, but some cameras have a cover that's held in
    place by adhesive tape. You order a new one and change it yourself.

    Kevin McMurtrie, Jan 5, 2004
  9. On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 23:35:05 -0800, Kevin McMurtrie wrote
    (in message <>):

    > In article <>,
    > "William D. Tallman" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I've got a Canon G2. It managed to acquire some fingerprints on the LCD
    >> over Christmas (yeah, the kid loved it even though his fingers got where
    >> they didn't belong... <grin>).
    >>
    >> So what is recommended to clean the LCD? I tried breath and a microfiber
    >> cloth, and succeeded in producing a uniform smear. What is recommended,
    >> please.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Bill Tallman
    >>

    > Most cameras use polycarbonate LCD covers. It's pretty indestructible
    > within reason. Odds are the LCD cover will still be good long after the
    > camera is embarrassingly obsolete. A facial tissue is no problem. Just
    > try to avoid grinding dirt into it while you clean.
    >
    > The one thing that does hurt LCD covers (and polycarbonate CDs) is
    > contact with vibration. If anything is pressing against the plastic
    > while the camera is in a car or on a bicycle, it will eventually wear
    > dimples into it.
    >
    > I don't know about the G2, but some cameras have a cover that's held in
    > place by adhesive tape. You order a new one and change it yourself.

    Try iKlear. It's used to clean laptop screens.

    Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold, Jan 8, 2004