    heard a lot about people not liking ME and what about 2000?

    go guys (especially you Mike).......and thanks in advance!
    Chris
    Steve & Chris Clark, Jan 25, 2004

  2. Steve & Chris Clark

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:06:10 -0500, Steve & Chris Clark wrote:

    >Can I have your opinion?
    >
    >We now have two operating systems, Win98SE on the original home PC and XP
    >Professional on the laptop (a pirate version and no CD)....no I'm not
    >networking the two systems.
    >
    >Eventually I will have to purchase a new system so what do you guys think in
    >your opinion is the most effective .. I know 98 is on the way out for
    >updates etc.
    >
    >Should I go with XP because I quite like the professional version...? I've
    >heard a lot about people not liking ME and what about 2000?

    Of the four, 2000 is what I run.

    "And of the four, it's _all_ I'll run. I have to work with XP at work, and that
    cured me of that _really_ quickly."

    --
    If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once
    in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things. --Rene Descartes
    Mara, Jan 25, 2004

  3. Steve & Chris Clark

    °Mike° Guest

    My opinion? I don't like thieves, that's my opinion.

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 12:06:10 -0500, in
    <fISQb.1976$>
    Steve & Chris Clark scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 25, 2004
  4. Steve & Chris Clark

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:25:24 +0000, °Mike° wrote:

    >My opinion? I don't like thieves, that's my opinion.

    Oh, hell. I didn't see the reference to the pirated copy. :(

    "I will now go flog myself repeatedly. <BIG sigh>"

    Mara, Jan 25, 2004
  5. Steve & Chris Clark

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:29:39 -0600, in
    <>
    Mara scrawled:

    >On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:25:24 +0000, °Mike° wrote:
    >
    >>My opinion? I don't like thieves, that's my opinion.

    >Oh, hell. I didn't see the reference to the pirated copy. :(
    >
    >"I will now go flog myself repeatedly. <BIG sigh>"

    Don't worry, I had to look twice. :)

    --
    "Are you accusing my son of being a thief?"
    ~ Rom, DS9.
    °Mike°, Jan 25, 2004
  6. Steve & Chris Clark

    Craven Birds Guest

    You don't like Bill Gates then?

    Craven Birds, Jan 25, 2004
  7. Steve & Chris Clark

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:45:17 +0000, °Mike° wrote:

    >On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:29:39 -0600, in
    > <>
    > Mara scrawled:
    >
    >>On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:25:24 +0000, °Mike° wrote:
    >>
    >>>My opinion? I don't like thieves, that's my opinion.

    >>Oh, hell. I didn't see the reference to the pirated copy. :(
    >>
    >>"I will now go flog myself repeatedly. <BIG sigh>"

    >Don't worry, I had to look twice. :)

    Can I blame it on the weather? It's freezing drizzle here, 27F.

    "Arthur doesn't like that much."

    Mara, Jan 25, 2004
  8. Steve & Chris Clark

    °Mike° Guest

    Why, what has he stolen?

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:46:49 -0000, in
    <bv0vfb$m2qid$-berlin.de>
    Craven Birds scrawled:

    >You don't like Bill Gates then?
    >
    >"°Mike°" <> wrote in message
    >> My opinion? I don't like thieves, that's my opinion.

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 25, 2004
  9. Steve & Chris Clark

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:46:49 -0000, Craven Birds wrote:

    >You don't like Bill Gates then?

    What does that have to do with the OP running a _pirated copy_ of Windows? Do
    you think that if one person is a thief that makes it ok for everyone to be a
    thief?

    "That's a logical fallacy. All <> one. But a thief _is_ a thief."

    Mara, Jan 25, 2004
  10. Steve & Chris Clark

    Boomer Guest

    Steve & Chris Clark, <> wrote:

    > Can I have your opinion?
    >
    > We now have two operating systems, Win98SE on the original home
    > PC and XP Professional on the laptop (a pirate version and no
    > CD)

    Why not post this over at a Microsoft news group? They'd like to
    know about your pirated version.

    Boomer, Jan 25, 2004
  11. Mara spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    <>
    > Can I blame it on the weather? It's freezing drizzle here, 27F.

    No. It's snowing like hell here with the beginnings of freezing rain. <G>

    NOI
    Thund3rstruck_N0i, Jan 25, 2004
  12. Steve & Chris Clark spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and
    proclaimed in <fISQb.1976$>

    > Can I have your opinion?
    >
    > We now have two operating systems, Win98SE on the original home PC and XP
    > Professional on the laptop (a pirate version and no CD)....no I'm not
    > networking the two systems.
    >
    > Eventually I will have to purchase a new system so what do you guys think
    > in
    > your opinion is the most effective .. I know 98 is on the way out for
    > updates etc.
    >
    > Should I go with XP because I quite like the professional version...?
    > I've heard a lot about people not liking ME and what about 2000?
    >
    > go guys (especially you Mike).......and thanks in advance!
    > Chris

    Why not go with a legal version instead? As of 4 years ago it was a $25,000
    fine/settlement fee (along with licensing all illegal copies) for M$ to
    drop the charges...

    Just not worth it...

    NOI
    Thund3rstruck_N0i, Jan 25, 2004
  13. Steve & Chris Clark

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:52:07 -0600, in
    <>
    Mara scrawled:

    >On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 17:45:17 +0000, °Mike° wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 11:29:39 -0600, in
    >> <>
    >> Mara scrawled:

    >>>Oh, hell. I didn't see the reference to the pirated copy. :(
    >>>
    >>>"I will now go flog myself repeatedly. <BIG sigh>"

    >>Don't worry, I had to look twice. :)

    >Can I blame it on the weather? It's freezing drizzle here, 27F.

    :)

    --
    A person who smiles when things go wrong knows who to blame.
    °Mike°, Jan 25, 2004
  14. Alexander Rogge, Jan 25, 2004
  15. Steve & Chris Clark

    Mara Guest

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:11:45 -0500, Thund3rstruck_N0i wrote:

    >Mara spilled my beer when they jumped on the table and proclaimed in
    ><>
    >> Can I blame it on the weather? It's freezing drizzle here, 27F.

    > No. It's snowing like hell here with the beginnings of freezing rain. <G>

    Does a great big guy named Arthur Itis come to visit you often?

    "I know he spends a LOT of time here."

    Mara, Jan 25, 2004
  16. I agree Mike.....we purchased the laptop privately and want to upgrade to a
    legitimate system and that's the reason for my question.
    you're right....that's my reason for updating my PC with Win98 and the
    laptop along side that....
    Chris

    Steve & Chris Clark, Jan 25, 2004
  17. I want to repeat that I agree with all of you. Realizing as of today that I
    actually have a pirate version of XP on the laptop with an invalid product
    code it is my intention to purchase legally to upgrade both systems. My
    reason for asking your opinions since they are really valid opinions that
    have helped me....you guys helped me with the blaster virus today and in
    helping me also helped me discover that XP is a pirate copy. I love the
    laptop but want a legal good system. I didn't know it was pirate until
    today.
    I have Mara's opinion......can I still have your's Mike?
    thanks
    Chris

    Steve & Chris Clark, Jan 25, 2004
  18. Steve & Chris Clark

    °Mike° Guest

    Well, I haven't used the profession version, but I can
    tell you that I've had more problems with XP Home
    than I ever did with Windows 98 SE. It tends to hide
    errors from you -- you never know anything about
    them, unless you use the Event Viewer. I don't
    like not knowing what's going on. I'm sure other
    people have said it, but it (XP) leaves you feeling
    out of touch (or maybe control would be a better
    word) with *your* system. I've no doubt that the
    next implementations will take away even more
    control; that can only be a bad thing.

    On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 15:40:40 -0500, in
    <lRVQb.2001$>
    Steve & Chris Clark scrawled:

    >I agree Mike.....we purchased the laptop privately and want to upgrade to a
    >legitimate system and that's the reason for my question.
    >you're right....that's my reason for updating my PC with Win98 and the
    >laptop along side that....
    >Chris

    <snip>

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 25, 2004
  19. Steve & Chris Clark

    Boomer Guest

    Steve & Chris Clark, <> wrote:

    > Can I have your opinion?
    >
    > We now have two operating systems, Win98SE on the original home
    > PC and XP Professional on the laptop (a pirate version and no
    > CD)....no I'm not networking the two systems.
    >
    > Eventually I will have to purchase a new system so what do you
    > guys think in your opinion is the most effective .. I know 98
    > is on the way out for updates etc.
    >
    > Should I go with XP because I quite like the professional
    > version...? I've heard a lot about people not liking ME and
    > what about 2000?
    >
    > go guys (especially you Mike).......and thanks in advance!
    > Chris

    Windows 2000 would get my vote.
    Boomer, Jan 25, 2004
  20. bingo.....I have to agree that's very much how I am feeling with XP....it
    even runs a scandisk whenever it feels necessary. Where is the option to
    run a scandisk if you want to yourself? I also cannot access DOS if I want
    to....what's up with that?

    Steve & Chris Clark, Jan 25, 2004