    Any tips or hints???? Areas of study????

    Any help in my prep would be appreciated!

    Pat

    Patrick Q, Dec 12, 2006

  2. Patrick Q

    JohnO Guest

    Mister wrote:
    > A shot of JD and a beer afterwards always works for me.
    >
    > It's perty broad... IRQs, connectors, etc. If you can put a computer
    > together and make it work without a manual, you will be fine.
    >
    > I think somebody in here said their dog could do it, however, I've yet
    > to see video of that, nor the certificate with the name Rover on it.

    LOL, that was me. It was in response to a guy who said his 9-year old
    could pass it. If that kid can pass then so can my dog. :)

    Seriously, the test isn't as easy as that, but Mister is right. If you
    have a good foundation of skills, and you've read any A+ books or those
    like Minasi or Mueller, you're fine.

    Another poster recently mentioned a bunch of
    Communications/Professionalism questions he saw on the 2003 exams.
    Those questions, if present, are being beta tested for eventual
    placement on the 2006 exams, and _they_do_not_count_ towards your
    score. What I'd do is mark those questions and only go back to answer
    them after you have answered the questions that _do_ count. No sense
    wasting time with them, they won't help you pass right now.

    If you find the test easy, then definitely pay attention to those
    questions. Some of them are tough.

    -John O

    JohnO, Dec 12, 2006

  3. Patrick Q

    Patrick Q Guest

    I'm not above answering all the questions...that's what they are there for.
    My luck, I'd blow off a question and then it would end up counting against
    me.

    I just don't do well with tests... I get in a hurry.

    Thanks for any and all help.

    Patrick Q, Dec 12, 2006
  4. Patrick Q

    smackedass Guest

    > I think somebody in here said their dog could do it, however, I've yet
    > to see video of that, nor the certificate with the name Rover on it.

    Heh, heh...good 'n...

    smackedass

    smackedass, Dec 12, 2006
  5. Patrick Q

    JohnO Guest

    Patrick Q wrote:
    > I'm not above answering all the questions...that's what they are there for.
    > My luck, I'd blow off a question and then it would end up counting against
    > me.
    >
    > I just don't do well with tests... I get in a hurry.

    I understand, and that's why I want to clarify this for you. The
    questions I'm referring to go like this:

    Q. The customer needs a new hard drive but cannot understand your
    description of the problem. What should you do?
    A. Call the clue train
    B. Ask if the customer has a teenage son who can translate
    C. Explain the disk space overhead required by the NTFS5 MFT with XP
    SP-2
    D. Figure out how to describe the problem in English, you freekin' geek

    The unscored questions will be about what you say to a customer or how
    you act when put in an awkward position of some sort. They don't cover
    Windows or hardware or troubleshooting. This specific type of question
    is not scored if you're taking the 2003 exams, and they should get a
    very low priority on your time. Some of these questions will be
    dead-easy, but some of them are 50-50 with two of the answers.

    And I absolutely agree that if you're not sure then answer it
    seriously.

    -John O

    JohnO, Dec 12, 2006
  6. Patrick Q

    Glenn Guest

    I don't know about a dog, but a caveman could do it.

    Glenn, Dec 13, 2006