"A Hard Day's Night" DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Opticreep, Jul 7, 2004.

  1. Opticreep

    Opticreep Guest

    I read that the Beatles' "A Hard Day's Night" will be released on DVD
    this week.

    It's funny, because you would expect a remastered sountrack CD to be
    released alongside the DVD. But that ain't happening, because Apple
    (or EMI or whoever) is still holding back any remastered Beatles
    product for some grand scheme to maximize their earning potential, or
    somesuch. I suppose that most of the original Beatles fans will be
    dead, dying, or deaf, from aging by then.

    So anyway...

    Is there any way to rip and preserve the 5.1 (or DTS) sountrack from a
    DVD like "A Hard Day's Night"? Hell, I'd like to rip the DTS track
    off of my Beatles Anthology DVDs and the upcoming "Help!" and "Let it
    Be" DVD as well, then post them on peer-to-peer networks for sharing,
    piracy, and copyright violations galore just to spite these record
    companies. Maybe if they see half the Beatles catalogue available
    online in remastered, remixed, 5.1 surround track for FREE, they'd be
    "encouraged" to offer music fans something better than 1987 half-assed
    CD transfers from almost two decades ago still retailing for $16.99.

    Opticreep, Jul 7, 2004

  2. Opticreep

    MickAugust Guest

    Hear! Hear! It's ABOUT TIME someone finally said what has been hush-hush for
    so long.... that the REAL reason for the downfall of the music biz is RECORD
    COMPANY GREED!

    Mick

    MickAugust, Jul 7, 2004

  3. Opticreep wrote:

    > I read that the Beatles' "A Hard Day's Night" will be released on DVD
    > this week.

    ...Yep, looks like '02's going be a great year, what with the leaves
    turning, and all the kids going back to school in September!

    Now that Bush's troops're back from Afghanistan, looks like I better get
    some gas in my car--gee, it's up to $1.49 already--and go down to see
    "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" in the theater! :)

    Derek Janssen (say, d'you think they'll ever put "Star Wars" on disk,
    maybe in time for Episode 2?)

    Derek Janssen, Jul 8, 2004
  4. Opticreep

    jables Guest

    On 7 Jul 2004 15:19:26 -0700, (Opticreep) wrote:

    I sent you an e-mail regarding ripping 5.1 from DVD's. Look out for
    it.

    Jables

    jables, Jul 8, 2004
  5. Opticreep

    Bailin Guest

    I'm confused...I've got A Hard Days' Night right here on my shelf.

    --
    Don't eat yellow dirt.

    Bailin, Aug 3, 2004