    http://www.box.net/public/8riaa6tj39

    (I am not spamming in any way here, just wanting people new to Gmail to
    learn how to use it, to help out)

    Uplink, Aug 7, 2006

  2. Uplink

    Uplink Guest

    Uplink, Aug 7, 2006

  3. Uplink

    Ernie Werbel Guest

    Uplink wrote in message
    <>...
    >I've written a guide on how to use Gmail. It's a PDF 2.4 Megs with
    >pictures of folders.
    >
    >http://www.box.net/public/8riaa6tj39
    >
    >(I am not spamming in any way here, just wanting people new to Gmail to
    >learn how to use it, to help out)

    Just wondering, what's so great about Gmail anyway? I was offered an invite a
    while back and tried it, but I didn't think it was so great; not much different
    than the main one I use. Since I get an email address with my ISP that
    integrates nicely with Outlook Express, I don't feel I need to manage a second
    one. But that's just me.

    Ernie Werbel, Aug 7, 2006
  4. Uplink

    Uplink Guest

    I am not telling you to get a Gmail. ISP email addresses are great, but
    they are not free (you have to pay for internet). But Gmail is new and
    creates a better user interface and like of email.

    We are entering web 2.0, Google is really using Web 2.0 technology,
    they have a ultra-fast and 99% compatible user interface with
    JavaScript and AJAX.

    Unlike Yahoo it is not HTML based, it has no footer ads and the only
    ads you see are the ones when reading email.

    If you are happy with your ISP account then that's great. Gmail gives
    you over 2.5 GB of storage, of course, 230 messages is 10Megs with is
    less than .5% of 2.7Gigs so the space may be a waste because you'll
    never use it (you could though).

    I can't tell you EVERYTHING that is great about email, I would check
    out forums, other guides, and even Google themselves.

    Uplink, Aug 8, 2006
  5. Uplink

    Uplink Guest

    Forgot to mention Google also fits into Outlook too. Uses different
    ports so read their guide first on using POP access.

    Uplink, Aug 8, 2006
  6. On Mon, 07 Aug 2006 21:31:17 GMT, "Ernie Werbel" <>
    wrote:

    >Uplink wrote in message
    ><>...
    >>I've written a guide on how to use Gmail. It's a PDF 2.4 Megs with
    >>pictures of folders.
    >>
    >>http://www.box.net/public/8riaa6tj39
    >>
    >>(I am not spamming in any way here, just wanting people new to Gmail to
    >>learn how to use it, to help out)
    >>

    >Just wondering, what's so great about Gmail anyway? I was offered an invite a
    >while back and tried it, but I didn't think it was so great; not much different
    >than the main one I use. Since I get an email address with my ISP that
    >integrates nicely with Outlook Express, I don't feel I need to manage a second
    >one. But that's just me.

    I subscribe to and receive many newsletters from a couple of Gmail
    accounts which have been very reliable. I can't recall a time when
    their mail servers were down preventing me from getting my email.

    I get email addresses with my ISP too but I never use them as a
    permanent email address in case I want to change my ISP. I've had
    email addresses with free pop & smtp access from http://au.yahoo.com
    for up to 10 years which have also proved to be reliable. In that time
    I've changed ISP several times without having to change my permanent
    email address.

    That is just another way to look at it.
    --

    John

    John Morrison, Aug 8, 2006
  7. Uplink

    Uplink Guest

    I will be writing more guides soon, so check out my new beta site
    http://www.zentec.50webs.com

    Uplink, Aug 9, 2006
  8. Uplink

    Plato Guest