A grant, a grant, my Pentax for a grant.....

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Pentax Fan, Apr 8, 2006.

  1. Pentax Fan

    Pentax Fan Guest

    According to the Pentax forum on DP Review (from which I've, once again,
    been banned by Uncle Phil) Pentax have sold about 250,000 dslr's since the
    introduction of the *istD

    Which compares rather meagrely with Canon's 125,000 units per month.

    However, there are advantages in a low volume system - not least from the UK
    Arts Council, an eclectic body of homosexuals, feminists, progressive
    thinkers, and bearded liberals, who exist solely to ladle out vast amounts
    of taxpayers cash to 'new age' artists - particularly artists from
    disadvantaged minority groups.

    The Pentax owner can now take his/her rightful place in the queue for a
    wheelbarrow full of Fifty pound notes, rejoicing in the knowledge that
    he/she is most definitely a minority applicant - why, at a mere 250,000
    cameras sold over a three year period, there are more one-legged Hindu
    transvestites getting Arts Council cash than Pentax owners!

    Grab a Pentax, and come along on the journey to El Dorado!.....

    Pentax Fan, Apr 8, 2006

  2. Pentax Fan

    JTS Brown Guest

    "Pentax Fan" <> wrote in message
    > According to the Pentax forum on DP Review (from which I've, once again,
    > been banned by Uncle Phil) Pentax have sold about 250,000 dslr's since the
    > introduction of the *istD
    >
    > Which compares rather meagrely with Canon's 125,000 units per month.
    >
    > However, there are advantages in a low volume system - not least from the UK
    > Arts Council, an eclectic body of homosexuals, feminists, progressive
    > thinkers, and bearded liberals, who exist solely to ladle out vast amounts
    > of taxpayers cash to 'new age' artists - particularly artists from
    > disadvantaged minority groups.
    >
    > The Pentax owner can now take his/her rightful place in the queue for a
    > wheelbarrow full of Fifty pound notes, rejoicing in the knowledge that
    > he/she is most definitely a minority applicant - why, at a mere 250,000
    > cameras sold over a three year period, there are more one-legged Hindu
    > transvestites getting Arts Council cash than Pentax owners!
    >
    > Grab a Pentax, and come along on the journey to El Dorado!.....

    Gosh, to think "Uncle Phil" banned someone of your obvious intellect and charm
    boggles the mind.

    JTS Brown, Apr 8, 2006

  3. Pentax Fan

    Pat Guest

    Oh come on, you have to appreciate his senses of humor and sarcasm.

    Pat, Apr 8, 2006
  4. Pentax Fan

    JTS Brown Guest

    "Pat" <> wrote in message
    > Oh come on, you have to appreciate his senses of humor and sarcasm.

    No. He's a pompous, supercilious ass.

    JTS Brown, Apr 8, 2006
  5. Pentax Fan

    John Francis Guest

    In article <wfGZf.56141$>,
    JTS Brown <> wrote:

    >"Pat" <> wrote in message
    >> Oh come on, you have to appreciate his senses of humor and sarcasm.
    >>

    >No. He's a pompous, supercilious ass.

    Far from unique amongst posters here, then...

    John Francis, Apr 8, 2006
  6. Pentax Fan

    Rich Guest

    On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 01:58:34 +0100, "Pentax Fan"
    <> wrote:

    >According to the Pentax forum on DP Review (from which I've, once again,
    >been banned by Uncle Phil) Pentax have sold about 250,000 dslr's since the
    >introduction of the *istD
    >
    >Which compares rather meagrely with Canon's 125,000 units per month.
    >
    >However, there are advantages in a low volume system - not least from the UK
    >Arts Council, an eclectic body of homosexuals, feminists, progressive
    >thinkers, and bearded liberals, who exist solely to ladle out vast amounts
    >of taxpayers cash to 'new age' artists - particularly artists from
    >disadvantaged minority groups.

    This sounds like...CANADA!!!

    >The Pentax owner can now take his/her rightful place in the queue for a
    >wheelbarrow full of Fifty pound notes, rejoicing in the knowledge that
    >he/she is most definitely a minority applicant - why, at a mere 250,000
    >cameras sold over a three year period, there are more one-legged Hindu
    >transvestites getting Arts Council cash than Pentax owners!
    >
    >Grab a Pentax, and come along on the journey to El Dorado!.....

    I want a grant to use sonoluminescense as a power source for nano
    material self-assembly. Can I get a grant of say...$100,000?
    -Rich

    Rich, Apr 8, 2006
  7. Pentax Fan

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Rich wrote:

    > On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 01:58:34 +0100, "Pentax Fan"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >According to the Pentax forum on DP Review (from which I've, once again,
    > >been banned by Uncle Phil) Pentax have sold about 250,000 dslr's since the
    > >introduction of the *istD
    > >
    > >Which compares rather meagrely with Canon's 125,000 units per month.
    > >
    > >However, there are advantages in a low volume system - not least from the UK
    > >Arts Council, an eclectic body of homosexuals, feminists, progressive
    > >thinkers, and bearded liberals, who exist solely to ladle out vast amounts
    > >of taxpayers cash to 'new age' artists - particularly artists from
    > >disadvantaged minority groups.

    > This sounds like...CANADA!!!

    and bitter bollocks

    --
    Paul (Everyone I know goes away in the end)
    Stop and Look

    Paul Heslop, Apr 8, 2006
  8. Pentax Fan

    Pentax Fan Guest

    "JTS Brown" <> wrote in message

    > Gosh, to think "Uncle Phil" banned someone of your obvious intellect and
    > charm boggles the mind. <

    Sarcasm, my dear Brown, is best applied with surgical precision - a deft
    snip here, a skilled stitch there.

    To watch you attempting it, is rather similar to witnessing a builder's
    labourer performing open heart surgery with a mortar trowel - grotesque, yet
    strangely compelling.

    Pentax Fan, Apr 8, 2006
  9. Pentax Fan

    Siggy Guest

    In news:,
    Paul Heslop <> scribed:

    > and bitter bollocks

    What are you doing in here??! By noooooo stretch of the imagination can you
    call your Oly Zoom a D_S_L_R! Get back where you belong THIS INSTANT! :eek:)

    DG thataway ------------------------------->

    --
    I have no evidence for stating the above, but this is usenet, so I don't
    need any.

    Siggy, Apr 8, 2006
  10. Pentax Fan

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Siggy wrote:

    > In news:,
    > Paul Heslop <> scribed:
    >

    > > and bitter bollocks

    > What are you doing in here??! By noooooo stretch of the imagination can you
    > call your Oly Zoom a D_S_L_R! Get back where you belong THIS INSTANT! :eek:)
    >
    > DG thataway ------------------------------->
    >
    > --
    > I have no evidence for stating the above, but this is usenet, so I don't
    > need any.

    :O) Blame the x-posting poster

    Paul Heslop, Apr 8, 2006
  11. Pentax Fan

    Siggy Guest

    In news:,
    Paul Heslop <> scribed:

    > :O) Blame the x-posting poster

    Ah yes. I should have seen that too. :eek:)
    Funny thing is, my reply to you still hasn't even appeared in
    rec.photo.digital.slr-systems anyway.

    Siggy, Apr 8, 2006
  12. Pentax Fan

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Siggy wrote:

    > In news:,
    > Paul Heslop <> scribed:
    >

    > > :O) Blame the x-posting poster

    > Ah yes. I should have seen that too. :eek:)
    > Funny thing is, my reply to you still hasn't even appeared in
    > rec.photo.digital.slr-systems anyway.
    >
    > --
    > I have no evidence for stating the above, but this is usenet, so I don't
    > need any.

    That'll be BY then :O)

    Paul Heslop, Apr 8, 2006
  13. Pentax Fan

    Dave Guest

    Just another racist bigot.

    Dave, Apr 8, 2006
  14. Pentax Fan

    ian lincoln Guest

    "Pentax Fan" <> wrote in message
    > According to the Pentax forum on DP Review (from which I've, once again,
    > been banned by Uncle Phil)

    perhaps it is because you do for pentax what george preddy does for sigma.

    ian lincoln, Apr 8, 2006
  15. "Pentax Fan" <> wrote in message

    > "JTS Brown" <> wrote in message
    >

    >> Gosh, to think "Uncle Phil" banned someone of your obvious intellect and
    >> charm boggles the mind. <

    > Sarcasm, my dear Brown, is best applied with surgical precision - a deft
    > snip here, a skilled stitch there.

    Yeah, but subtle stuff does not work with semi-literates. A turn of a
    phrase is simply casting pearls before swine on usenet.

    > To watch you attempting it, is rather similar to witnessing a builder's
    > labourer performing open heart surgery with a mortar trowel - grotesque,
    > yet strangely compelling.

    Love that!

    Charles Schuler, Apr 9, 2006
  16. Pentax Fan

    JTS Brown Guest

    "Pentax Fan" <> wrote in message

    > "JTS Brown" <> wrote in message
    >

    >> Gosh, to think "Uncle Phil" banned someone of your obvious intellect and
    >> charm boggles the mind. <

    > Sarcasm, my dear Brown, is best applied with surgical precision - a deft
    > snip here, a skilled stitch there.
    >
    > To watch you attempting it, is rather similar to witnessing a builder's
    > labourer performing open heart surgery with a mortar trowel - grotesque, yet
    > strangely compelling.

    What an asshole you are.

    JTS Brown, Apr 10, 2006
  17. JTS Brown wrote:

    >> To watch you attempting it, is rather similar to witnessing a
    >> builder's labourer performing open heart surgery with a mortar
    >> trowel - grotesque, yet strangely compelling.

    > What an asshole you are.

    Why, 'cause he said something more clever than you?

    --
    www.ericschreiber.com

    Eric Schreiber, Apr 11, 2006
  18. Pentax Fan

    JTS Brown Guest

    "Eric Schreiber" <eric at ericschreiber dot com> wrote in message
    > JTS Brown wrote:
    >
    >>> To watch you attempting it, is rather similar to witnessing a
    >>> builder's labourer performing open heart surgery with a mortar
    >>> trowel - grotesque, yet strangely compelling.

    >> What an asshole you are.

    > Why, 'cause he said something more clever than you?
    >

    > --
    > www.ericschreiber.com

    No, I said it because he is an asshole. An asshole with a dictionary.

    JTS Brown, Apr 11, 2006