    good tutorial. lol

    Oh I know theres lots of options out there. And I have looked at a couple
    of them. But just incase someone knows of a hidden gem
    nick, Mar 4, 2004

  2. nick wrote:
    > anyone suggest a good one ? Now, the one consideration to make is that I'm
    > tighter than a sharks arse at 40 fathoms, so its gota be a free one. With a
    > good tutorial. lol
    > Oh I know theres lots of options out there. And I have looked at a couple
    > of them. But just incase someone knows of a hidden gem

    are you a beginner or what?
    want to hand edit or WYSIWYG?

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz
    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Mar 4, 2004

  3. nick

    Allistar Guest

    nick wrote:

    > anyone suggest a good one ? Now, the one consideration to make is that
    > I'm
    > tighter than a sharks arse at 40 fathoms, so its gota be a free one. With
    > good tutorial. lol
    >
    > Oh I know theres lots of options out there. And I have looked at a couple
    > of them. But just incase someone knows of a hidden gem

    Didn't we just have a thread about this?

    Anyway, I would suggest "Quanta". Free in every sense of the word. You can
    download it from quanta.sourceforge.net

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Mar 4, 2004
  4. nick

    Chris Guest

    Allistar <> wrote in

    > nick wrote:
    >
    >> anyone suggest a good one ? Now, the one consideration to make is
    >> that I'm
    >> tighter than a sharks arse at 40 fathoms, so its gota be a free one.
    >> With a
    >> good tutorial. lol
    >>
    >> Oh I know theres lots of options out there. And I have looked at a
    >> couple of them. But just incase someone knows of a hidden gem

    > Didn't we just have a thread about this?
    >
    > Anyway, I would suggest "Quanta". Free in every sense of the word. You
    > can download it from quanta.sourceforge.net
    >
    > Allistar.

    Yeah, and I just bumped it up the list after I found that there is a free
    copy of Namo in the March issue of PC Authority

    --
    Chris

    Chris, Mar 4, 2004
  5. nick

    nick Guest

    "T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz" <> wrote in message
    > nick wrote:
    > > anyone suggest a good one ? Now, the one consideration to make is that

    I'm
    > > tighter than a sharks arse at 40 fathoms, so its gota be a free one.

    With a
    > > good tutorial. lol
    > > Oh I know theres lots of options out there. And I have looked at a

    couple
    > > of them. But just incase someone knows of a hidden gem

    > are you a beginner or what?
    > want to hand edit or WYSIWYG?
    >
    > --
    > Dave Hall
    > http://Dave.net.nz
    > We have Hangman, Pacman, and Space Invaders

    with email editors ? yes. Intermediate with coding in note pad
    nick, Mar 5, 2004
  6. nick

    nick Guest

    "Allistar" <> wrote in message
    > nick wrote:
    >
    > > anyone suggest a good one ? Now, the one consideration to make is that
    > > I'm
    > > tighter than a sharks arse at 40 fathoms, so its gota be a free one.

    With
    > > good tutorial. lol
    > >
    > > Oh I know theres lots of options out there. And I have looked at a

    couple
    > > of them. But just incase someone knows of a hidden gem

    > Didn't we just have a thread about this?
    >
    > Anyway, I would suggest "Quanta". Free in every sense of the word. You can
    > download it from quanta.sourceforge.net
    >
    > Allistar.

    sorry dude. For xp. I gota dual boot
    nick, Mar 5, 2004
  7. nick

    before Guest

    http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/index_old.html
    before, Mar 5, 2004
  8. nick

    before Guest

    before, Mar 5, 2004
  9. nick

    before Guest

    before, Mar 5, 2004
  10. nick

    T-Boy Guest

    In article <40479dd7$>, says...
    > anyone suggest a good one ? Now, the one consideration to make is that I'm
    > tighter than a sharks arse at 40 fathoms, so its gota be a free one. With a
    > good tutorial. lol
    >
    > Oh I know theres lots of options out there. And I have looked at a couple
    > of them. But just incase someone knows of a hidden gem

    You really should read through some older posts (only a few days ago
    (last week?))...

    I asked the same.

    This is the results I have, to date:

    mozilla-win32-1.6-installer.exe
    1stpage2.zip
    acehtml5free.exe
    anansi32.ZIP

    I haven't tried any of them myself - but I'm hoping it's in about the
    right order - and that the aforesaid products can do a wysiwig mode and
    'raw' html edit mode.

    Just in today I noted that a guy replied to me re an editor on a March
    pc mag...
    "
    The March issue of PC Authority has Namo v 3.x as a full working
    addition providing you get a key before april 14 (?) It can also be
    upgraded to the latest version for $AUD40 - not sure on the detail of
    that.
    "

    Take some time to read through the NG first - you might find (as is the
    case for you) that your question has already been answered.

    --
    Duncan
    T-Boy, Mar 5, 2004
  11. nick

    Howard Guest

    T-Boy wrote:

    > Take some time to read through the NG first - you might find (as is
    > the case for you) that your question has already been answered.

    .... & the best place that I've found to read thru the group is here:

    http://groups.google.com/groups?q=group:nz.comp
    Howard, Mar 5, 2004
  12. nick

    Lennier Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 10:27:14 +1300, nick wrote:

    > anyone suggest a good one ? Now, the one consideration to make is that I'm
    > tighter than a sharks arse at 40 fathoms, so its gota be a free one. With a
    > good tutorial. lol
    >
    > Oh I know theres lots of options out there. And I have looked at a couple
    > of them. But just incase someone knows of a hidden gem

    Mozilla.

    Lennier

    --
    Brian Valentine - Microsoft's SVP for Windows development: "We
    really haven't done everything we could to protect our customers. Our
    Lennier, Mar 5, 2004
  13. nick

    Lennier Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 13:01:04 +1300, nick wrote:

    > "Allistar" <> wrote in message
    >> nick wrote:
    >>
    >> > anyone suggest a good one ? Now, the one consideration to make is that
    >> > I'm
    >> > tighter than a sharks arse at 40 fathoms, so its gota be a free one.

    > With
    >> > good tutorial. lol
    >> >
    >> > Oh I know theres lots of options out there. And I have looked at a

    > couple
    >> > of them. But just incase someone knows of a hidden gem

    >> Didn't we just have a thread about this?
    >>
    >> Anyway, I would suggest "Quanta". Free in every sense of the word. You can
    >> download it from quanta.sourceforge.net
    >>
    >> Allistar.

    > sorry dude. For xp. I gota dual boot

    Well then compile it for Windows.
    Can't you do that?

    Lennier

    Lennier, Mar 5, 2004
  14. nick

    Lennier Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 16:39:46 +1300, T-Boy wrote:

    > In article <40479dd7$>, says...
    >> anyone suggest a good one ? Now, the one consideration to make is that I'm
    >> tighter than a sharks arse at 40 fathoms, so its gota be a free one. With a
    >> good tutorial. lol
    >>
    >> Oh I know theres lots of options out there. And I have looked at a couple
    >> of them. But just incase someone knows of a hidden gem

    > You really should read through some older posts (only a few days ago
    > (last week?))...
    >
    > I asked the same.
    >
    > This is the results I have, to date:
    >
    > mozilla-win32-1.6-installer.exe
    > 1stpage2.zip
    > acehtml5free.exe
    > anansi32.ZIP

    And of course there is another really good one - AOL Press - very nice
    indeed for those who are wanting to learn HTML.

    Lennier

    --
    "It is a joy to labor for those you love."
    Lennier, Mar 5, 2004
  15. nick

    Enkidu Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:46:57 +1300, Lennier
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 10:27:14 +1300, nick wrote:
    >
    >> anyone suggest a good one ? Now, the one consideration to make is that I'm
    >> tighter than a sharks arse at 40 fathoms, so its gota be a free one. With a
    >> good tutorial. lol
    >>
    >> Oh I know theres lots of options out there. And I have looked at a couple
    >> of them. But just incase someone knows of a hidden gem

    >Mozilla.

    He asked for a *good* one, Lenny.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Mar 5, 2004
  16. nick

    Enkidu Guest

    On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 10:27:14 +1300, "nick" <> wrote:

    >anyone suggest a good one ? Now, the one consideration to make is that I'm
    >tighter than a sharks arse at 40 fathoms, so its gota be a free one. With a
    >good tutorial. lol
    >
    >Oh I know theres lots of options out there. And I have looked at a couple
    >of them. But just incase someone knows of a hidden gem

    Deja vu......

    I've used Coffee Cup. Don't know if it is still about.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Mar 5, 2004
  17. nick

    Lennier Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 20:43:03 +1300, Enkidu wrote:

    >>Mozilla.
    >>

    > He asked for a *good* one, Lenny.

    He also asked for a free one.

    He is also wanting to learn about HTML.

    Lennier

    Lennier, Mar 5, 2004
  18. nick

    Lennier Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 20:43:42 +1300, Enkidu wrote:

    > I've used Coffee Cup. Don't know if it is still about.

    I think it is - I know a fellow who still uses it as his default editor.

    Lennier

    Lennier, Mar 5, 2004
  19. nick

    Enkidu Guest

    On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 21:22:46 +1300, Lennier
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 20:43:03 +1300, Enkidu wrote:
    >
    >>>Mozilla.
    >>>

    >> He asked for a *good* one, Lenny.

    >He also asked for a free one.

    Yes, you get what you pay for I guess.

    >He is also wanting to learn about HTML.

    Well, he'd do that, learning how to fix up Composer's cockups.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    Enkidu, Mar 5, 2004
  20. nick

    nick Guest

    "before" <> wrote in message news:...
    > nick wrote:
    >
    > > anyone suggest a good one ? Now, the one consideration to make is that

    I'm
    > > tighter than a sharks arse at 40 fathoms, so its gota be a free one.

    With a
    > > good tutorial. lol
    > >
    > > Oh I know theres lots of options out there. And I have looked at a

    couple
    > > of them. But just incase someone knows of a hidden gem

    > http://www.arachnoid.com/arachnophilia/index_old.html

    Cool proggie. I like it. Thanks for that
    nick, Mar 5, 2004