    the price, someone suggested that there was a 50 mm canon lens that was
    really excellent and under 100 bucks...

    Anyone have any input or is my memory faulty.

    Dane Brickman, Jun 20, 2004

  2. In article <cb2ik3$7m0$>, says...
    > When I was considering a Canon digital SLR a year or so ago, and balked at
    > the price, someone suggested that there was a 50 mm canon lens that was
    > really excellent and under 100 bucks...
    >
    > Anyone have any input or is my memory faulty.

    50 mm f/1.8 II. It's fast enough and sharp enough at about $80 new.
    It's a little slow to focus, so if you have an extra $200 to spend, get
    the 50 mm f/1.4 USM.

    Brian C. Baird, Jun 20, 2004

  3. Dane Brickman

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    I believe you can buy the 50 mm f/1.8 II for about $70. It is quite a
    good lens.

    Phil

    Phil Wheeler, Jun 20, 2004
  4. Dane Brickman

    Don Guest

    I have the F1.8 II along with three L series lenses. The 50mm F1.8 is
    without a doubt outstanding bang for your bucks. Would recommend it highly

    regards

    Don

    Don, Jun 20, 2004
  5. Dane Brickman

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    About 80 dollars for the f1.8 - and it is a fine lens.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Jun 20, 2004