A Gimp trip in the gypsy bus (OT)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Frederick, May 13, 2005.

  1. Frederick

    Frederick Guest

    Frederick, May 13, 2005

  2. Frederick

    Renee Guest

    "Frederick" <> wrote in message
    news:1115952340.637515@ftpsrv1...

    > http://www.geocities.com/angels2000photos/gimp.htm
    >
    > I know that this isn't really photography, but it's a lot of fun playing
    > around with some of the Gimp plugins.

    Whatever you've done, whatever it is, it definitely cool. Is that all
    computer generated?
    Renee, May 13, 2005

  3. Frederick

    james Guest

    In article <1115952340.637515@ftpsrv1>,
    Frederick <> wrote:

    >http://www.geocities.com/angels2000photos/gimp.htm
    >
    >I know that this isn't really photography, but it's a lot of fun playing
    >around with some of the Gimp plugins.

    Oh my! I think I'd like to see a straight shot of that hippy bus.
    james, May 13, 2005
  4. Frederick

    Frederick Guest

    Renee wrote:
    > "Frederick" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>http://www.geocities.com/angels2000photos/gimp.htm
    >>
    >>I know that this isn't really photography, but it's a lot of fun playing
    >>around with some of the Gimp plugins.
    >>

    > Whatever you've done, whatever it is, it definitely cool. Is that all
    > computer generated?

    Using Gimp (for windows in this case) on a photo - one that had some
    potential but lacked impact.
    Gimp is GPL / Freeware. The latest version (2.2) seems stable and
    relatively bug-free.
    Download from http://www.wingimp.org/
    The "Polar Coordinates" plugin is included in the distribution. Other
    plugins/scripts are a separate download. Definitely download the File
    Open plugin to get standard Windows File Open and File Save As dialog
    boxes - unless you like navigating your system Unix-style.
    Frederick, May 13, 2005
  5. Frederick

    Frederick Guest

    james wrote:

    > In article <1115952340.637515@ftpsrv1>,
    > Frederick <> wrote:
    >

    >>http://www.geocities.com/angels2000photos/gimp.htm
    >>
    >>I know that this isn't really photography, but it's a lot of fun playing
    >>around with some of the Gimp plugins.
    >>

    > Oh my! I think I'd like to see a straight shot of that hippy bus.

    Click on the "original image" link on the page. The crop probably isn't
    exact, and the saturation is different.
    Frederick, May 13, 2005
  6. Frederick

    Guest

    Frederick <> wrote:

    >http://www.geocities.com/angels2000photos/gimp.htm
    >
    >I know that this isn't really photography, but it's a lot of fun playing
    >around with some of the Gimp plugins.

    Thanks for sharing this. The most interesting images I saw today.

    Wes
    --
    Reply to:
    Whiskey Echo Sierra Sierra AT Alpha Charlie Echo Golf Romeo Oscar Paul dot Charlie Charlie