A General Question About the IBM ThinkPad T20

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Pete Holland Jr., Mar 7, 2004.

  1. Hey, everybody!

    I recently acquired an IBM ThinkPad T20. The price was
    right, and I have a laptop that runs any software I have
    that I load onto it.

    While looking at the ports on the back, I noticed one on the
    left side. Above it is an icon of a rectangle, roughly
    proportional to a TV screen, with an "S" and an arrow
    pointing towards the outside of the box.

    IIRC, that means the jack is an S-Video. But I don't have a
    user's manual. Does this mean I can hook the laptop up to
    something with an S Video jack, like a TV or a VCR, and view
    the laptop display on that (I expect there would be a loss
    of resolution)? I plugged a S Video cable into it, but
    didn't do anything else. I only recently got the thing, I
    don't want to do anything to screw it up.

    Dobre utka,
    Pete Holland Jr.
    who might finally be able to put those old Flash animations
    on VHS....

    Pete Holland Jr., Mar 7, 2004

  2. Pete Holland Jr.

    Unk Guest

    Some T20 user manual sites

    ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/c79lamst.pdf
    ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles/27P2076.pdf
    http://helpspy.com/c.m/hardware/sys/ibm/twpad/thinkpadt20/

    Unk, Mar 7, 2004

  3. Pete Holland Jr., Mar 7, 2004
  4. Pete Holland Jr.

    Unk Guest

    Unk, Mar 7, 2004
  5. Pete Holland Jr.

    netOBSESSIVE Guest

    > IIRC

    What does IIRC mean please?
    And...Is there a place that lists common Usenet Abbreviations...

    Nathan "IMHO IM FUBAR" T

    netOBSESSIVE, Mar 7, 2004
  6. Hey, netOBSESSIVE!

    > What does IIRC mean please?
    > And...Is there a place that lists common Usenet Abbreviations...

    "IIRC" means If I Recall Correctly. I don't know any place
    that lists them (some of them, I figured out on my own), but
    the best way is to simply ask. Nice people like me will be
    happy to tell you.

    Dobre utka,
    Pete Holland Jr.

    Pete Holland Jr., Mar 7, 2004