    that the resolution cannot be the only important parameter.

    Thanks,

    David.
    David Hiskiyahu, Sep 3, 2003

  2. David Hiskiyahu

    BUNTOVNIK Guest

    "David Hiskiyahu" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Does this forum have a FAQ page?
    >
    > I have some simple questions of a home user who is looking for a
    > camera good enough for amateur use, with pictures of quality that
    > would be comparable to
    > what one gets with an average optical camera, print size max 20x15cm.
    >
    > I wander if a 2.1Mpix camera can be the right choice, and I believe
    > that the resolution cannot be the only important parameter.

    David, a standard resolution in consumer cameras is today between 3 and 4
    mpix, prosumer between 5 and 8, and professional 6 - 14. For 20x15 cm prints
    you'll need much more than 2 mpix, I recommend buying a good 6 mpix camera.
    You should check what suits you best on www.dpreview.com - there are all the
    digicams you need reviewed up to the last detail, with photo examples, tests
    etc.

    --
    ----------------------
    online photo portfolio
    BUNTOVNIK, Sep 3, 2003

  3. David Hiskiyahu

    Matt. Guest

    I think you've confused cm with inches.

    20x15 converts to approx. 8"x6", and I think a 3.2 MP would fit the bill
    nicely. I recently purchased the A70, and am very pleased with it's
    performance and flexibility (auto modes and manual modes).

    cheers,
    Matt.

    Matt., Sep 3, 2003
  4. David Hiskiyahu

    Todd Walker Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Does this forum have a FAQ page?
    >
    > I have some simple questions of a home user who is looking for a
    > camera good enough for amateur use, with pictures of quality that
    > would be comparable to
    > what one gets with an average optical camera, print size max 20x15cm.
    >
    > I wander if a 2.1Mpix camera can be the right choice, and I believe
    > that the resolution cannot be the only important parameter.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > David.

    http://rpdfaq.50megs.com

    Be aware, it hasn't been updated in over 2 years...

    --
    ________________________________
    Todd Walker
    Todd Walker, Sep 3, 2003
  5. David Hiskiyahu

    Paul H. Guest

    > Does this forum have a FAQ page?
    >
    > I have some simple questions of a home user who is looking for a
    > camera good enough for amateur use, with pictures of quality that
    > would be comparable to
    > what one gets with an average optical camera, print size max 20x15cm.
    >
    > I wander if a 2.1Mpix camera can be the right choice, and I believe
    > that the resolution cannot be the only important parameter.

    A good 2.1 mp camera should produce prints of the size you're looking to
    make, but I would select at least a 3 mp camera to allow room for minor
    cropping, etc..

    However, don't take my (or anyone else's) word for it: first go to
    www.stevesdigicams.com , download and print several sample photos taken
    using cameras of various resolutions. I prefer Steve's site to dpreview for
    this purpose because Steve uses the same similarly-lit subjects from one
    review to the next, so you'll be able to easily compare differences in
    cameras rather than subject matter. Steve's sample photos are unmodified,
    right-out-of-the camera shots.
    Paul H., Sep 3, 2003