A Film For The Fanboys

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by k y l e, Sep 7, 2003.

  1. k y l e

    k y l e Guest

    k y l e, Sep 7, 2003

  2. k y l e

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Henry Falkner" wrote
    > I have a new Toshiba Satellite A10 laptop, and it does most of the things
    > the guy is talking about. It is running Windows XP. There no longer is a
    > recessed reset button. You have to disconnect the AC power and the

    battery.

    heh, sucks to be you.
    T.N.O., Sep 7, 2003

  3. In <_dJ6b.5052$> k y l e wrote:

    > Came across this delightful piece of satire:
    >
    > http://www.flogged.net/media/video/whymacssuck.wmv
    >
    > Perfect fodder for the well-worn pc vs mac 'debates' ;-)

    I tried to run it on my Mac...

    main: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `WMV3'.
    VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.

    ...and I was like 'Huh?'

    To create a new standard it takes something that's not just a little
    bit different. It takes something that's really new and really captures
    people's imagination. And the Macintosh, of all the machines I've ever
    seen, is the only one that meets that standard.

    Bill Gates
    Roger Johnstone, Sep 8, 2003
  4. k y l e

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <>,
    Roger Johnstone <> wrote:

    > In <_dJ6b.5052$> k y l e wrote:
    >
    > > Came across this delightful piece of satire:
    > >
    > > http://www.flogged.net/media/video/whymacssuck.wmv
    > >
    > > Perfect fodder for the well-worn pc vs mac 'debates' ;-)

    > I tried to run it on my Mac...
    >
    > main: no suitable decoder module for fourcc `WMV3'.
    > VLC probably does not support this sound or video format.
    >
    > ..and I was like 'Huh?'

    Yeah, I noticed that too. Jumped on the g/f's PC to watch it, then one
    of the last lines in the video was 'and I made this on my Mac'.

    ....and I was like 'Yeah right!' ;)

    --
    madknoxie
    madknoxie, Sep 8, 2003
  5. k y l e

    Gavin Tunney Guest

    On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 08:04:04 +1200, "Henry Falkner"
    <> wrote:

    >"k y l e" <> wrote in message
    >> Came across this delightful piece of satire:
    >>
    >> http://www.flogged.net/media/video/whymacssuck.wmv
    >>
    >> Perfect fodder for the well-worn pc vs mac 'debates' ;-)
    >>

    >I have a new Toshiba Satellite A10 laptop, and it does most of the things
    >the guy is talking about. It is running Windows XP. There no longer is a
    >recessed reset button. You have to disconnect the AC power and the battery.
    >
    >Henry

    It will turn off if you hold the power button in long enough Henry.
    Whoever invented ATX should be shot IMO.

    Gavin
    Gavin Tunney, Sep 8, 2003