    confused on which route to take. Should i go with a company, knowing it
    will cost more, or should i go seperately. But if i go seperately what
    exams do i take.

    kinkster, Aug 20, 2003

  2. kinkster

    mchappell Guest

    I attended courses thru a well known computer learning
    center under an MCSA package. I got 2151, 2152, 2126,
    2153, four test vouchers, and a license for MeasureUp
    self tests (210, 215, 218, 216) for $5500.00 which I paid
    for out of my own pocket.

    HOWEVER, I was able to use my veterans benefits to recoup
    about $3000 of that, plus the $500 for the exams. The
    company that laid me off also included in my severance
    package $2500 retraining reimbursement. So aft all is
    said and done, I actually got paid about $1000 to get my
    MCSA.

    After getting my MCP I was hired by a small company as a
    technical analyst, but have quickly moved into the
    sysadmin role.

    Hope this sheds some light

    you, and are
    >you doing all the exams on your own, or with a company?

    Also what
    >combination of exams did you take to get to this level,

    and what jobs
    >have you got, or are expecting to get with the mcsa

    qualification?

    >the reason i ask is because i wish to go into this, but

    im a bit

    mchappell, Aug 21, 2003

  3. kinkster

    Maestro Guest

    I'm curious about this also. If the CTECs are using
    Microsoft press books, what would be the reason for
    attending formal training? One could buy a book and self
    teach themselves for much less than the cost of sitting in
    a class.

    Maestro, Aug 21, 2003