    just looking for a fast anonymizer if it is possible, plus will i be able
    to post to newsgroups anonymously.

    thanks for any help.

    xdj, May 5, 2004

  2. In article <Xns94DFC6B6AC45Exdj@64.59.144.76>, says...
    > i was just wondering if i have a system with a firewall, anti virus,
    > spyware(remover of course) and a trojan remover, and they all come back
    > clean, is it still able for someone to breach my security?

    Nothing connected is 100% secure.

    > do i need to have malicous files already on my computer to be hacked, or
    > can someone just get in anyways.

    If an unpatched or unknown vulnerability exists they may be able to get
    in anyway.

    > and if i have malicous files does it
    > matter if they are exucted or just sit, to do harm?

    Malicious files would have to be executed in some way.

    > also with hiding my ip, what would you recommend for software?
    >
    > i have Anonymity 4 Proxy, Steganos Internet Anonym Pro, Proxomitron

    Those are good products.

    > just looking for a fast anonymizer if it is possible, plus will i be able
    > to post to newsgroups anonymously.

    Check out JAP and remailers for free solutions. Or if you want it all
    in an easy to use service check out some of the pay services.

    /steve
    --
    Protect yourself on-line. Hide your identifying details in e-mail,
    usenet, and more. A privacy service like no other.

    Stephen K. Gielda, May 5, 2004

  3. xdj

    msparrow Guest

    xdj wrote:
    > i was just wondering if i have a system with a firewall, anti virus,
    > spyware(remover of course) and a trojan remover, and they all come back
    > clean, is it still able for someone to breach my security?

    --> You're safe. People don't usually dick around with hacking a
    windows box. There's no real security to be breached. Only other step
    to take would be to unplug your modem.

    > do i need to have malicous files already on my computer to be hacked, or
    > can someone just get in anyways. and if i have malicous files does it
    > matter if they are exucted or just sit, to do harm?

    --> No, if you have a service running and opening a port, you can be
    "hacked" (re: sasser worm). However, it's unlikely a person in specific
    will choose you unless you're running some specific software that's
    easily compromised. As for files that are "malicious" -- ie. Sub7, you
    have to execute them before they can do anything. Otherwise you're good.

    > also with hiding my ip, what would you recommend for software?
    >
    > i have Anonymity 4 Proxy, Steganos Internet Anonym Pro, Proxomitron
    >
    > just looking for a fast anonymizer if it is possible, plus will i be able
    > to post to newsgroups anonymously.

    -->Proxies really aren't worthwhile in my opinion. You aren't going to
    be the target of any major attacks. Proxies imo are primarily for
    overseas persons. Stick with what you have and you're more than good.

    > thanks for any help.

    -->Not a problem :p

    msparrow, May 5, 2004
  4. Only if you installed the firewall before your computer went online are you
    safe from hackers. If you installed it after your computer was online then
    your not secure at all. Don't forget you have to learn how to secure your
    Windows Platform, you browser and e-mail applications also for starters.

    Tracker
    tired of messing around with ISP after ISP to keep you hackers in-line

    hackingsecureit, May 6, 2004
  5. xdj

    WARNING Guest

    USENET POST WARNING
    ====================
    The User by the name "Tracker" aka "Debbie", aka VPNSISHACKERSSECRET, aka
    "snailmail", regularly posts incorrect, misleading and damaging information.
    To rely on the advice of this person could result in irreparable damage to
    your system. You are advised not to listen to anything that this person
    posts, and certainly to not attempt or believe anything this person
    advises. The following link provides additional information:

    http://www.sand-n-sea.us/debbiesdrival.htm

    GENERAL COMPUTER HEALTH WARNING

    Any advice from a poster using the word 'tracker' may contain
    dangerous nonsense and should be immediately deleted from your
    computer.

    Do NOT contact this person by email

    Do NOT feed the Trolls, one warning is enough, further messages
    only reinforce the desire for attention that provides motivation.

    Visit the fan club at:
    http://www.sand-n-sea.us/debbiesdrival.htm

    WARNING, May 7, 2004