A few new portraits

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by G. Hoppenbrouwers, Nov 18, 2005.

  1. G. Hoppenbrouwers, Nov 18, 2005

  2. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    223rem Guest

    223rem, Nov 18, 2005

  3. "223rem" <> schreef in bericht
    news:pglff.581285$xm3.347802@attbi_s21...
    > G. Hoppenbrouwers wrote:
    >> A few new portraits on:
    >>
    >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/portret/index4.html
    >>
    >> Your comments are highly appriciated.

    > Great photos and very sexy chick. Love her skin.
    > She's Asian, but where from in Asia?

    Thanks.
    She is from Indonesia.

    Gregoir
    G. Hoppenbrouwers, Nov 18, 2005
  4. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    Guest

    Very nice - lighting against white is always difficult - spill and
    uneven background lighting can create problems, but I see no evidence
    of those problems in your pictures.

    Would you be willing to share the details of your lighting setup?

    Steve
    , Nov 18, 2005
  5. <> schreef in bericht
    > Very nice - lighting against white is always difficult - spill and
    > uneven background lighting can create problems, but I see no evidence
    > of those problems in your pictures.
    >
    > Would you be willing to share the details of your lighting setup?
    >
    > Steve

    Of course I'm willing to do so !

    Two studio-flashes on the white background (1 left, 1 right), one stop
    overexposed against the exposure (with 1 flashlight) of the model.
    The light on the model goes through a white umbrella to obtain soft light.

    Best Regards,

    Gregoir
    www.fotogregoir.dds.nl
    G. Hoppenbrouwers, Nov 18, 2005
  6. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    Guest

    , Nov 18, 2005
  7. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    223rem Guest

    wrote:
    > G. Hoppenbrouwers wrote:
    >
    >>A few new portraits on:
    >>
    >>http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/portret/index4.html
    >>
    >>Your comments are highly appriciated.
    >>
    >>Gregoir (NL)

    > Is it you camera technic that you really want us to see, or your PORNtraits!

    It is not porn, you narrow minded imbecile. Just beautiful
    shots of a sexy girl.
    223rem, Nov 18, 2005
  8. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    TNT Guest

    Great pictures, I saw no PORN, Mr G H does, most likley he needs to see a
    shrink or he is Queer.

    ..

    TNT, Nov 18, 2005
  9. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    kctan Guest

    Nice pictures except some personal minor comments. The first 2 pics got too
    much of eyes' white due to eyes (pupils) rolling to corners. The fifth pic
    is nice except the main light is too low that cast an ugly shadow onto the
    right side by the nose. Should has pushed the main light backward a little
    bit to get split lighting like the last pic. Good works.

    http://web.singnet.com.sg/~kcpps

    kctan, Nov 18, 2005
  10. "kctan" <> schreef in bericht

    .. The fifth pic
    > is nice except the main light is too low that cast an ugly shadow onto the
    > right side by the nose. Should has pushed the main light backward a little
    > bit to get split lighting like the last pic.

    I agree !

    Thanks for your comment.

    Gregoir
    G. Hoppenbrouwers, Nov 18, 2005
  11. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    PcB Guest

    PcB, Nov 18, 2005
  12. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    Ron Hunter Guest

    G. Hoppenbrouwers wrote:
    > A few new portraits on:
    >
    > http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/portret/index4.html
    >
    > Your comments are highly appriciated.
    >
    > Gregoir (NL)

    Do you have something against this subject? In most of the pictures,
    you cut off the top of her head. Why?

    --
    Ron Hunter
    Ron Hunter, Nov 19, 2005
  13. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    Ron Hunter Guest

    223rem wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> G. Hoppenbrouwers wrote:
    >>
    >>> A few new portraits on:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/portret/index4.html
    >>>
    >>> Your comments are highly appriciated.
    >>>
    >>> Gregoir (NL)

    >> Is it you camera technic that you really want us to see, or your
    >> PORNtraits!

    > It is not porn, you narrow minded imbecile. Just beautiful
    > shots of a sexy girl.

    Some people see porn in ANY picture of a female. Pity them.

    --
    Ron Hunter
    Ron Hunter, Nov 19, 2005
  14. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    Chris Brown Guest

    In article <mkCff.32125$>,
    Ron Hunter <> wrote:
    >223rem wrote:
    >> wrote:

    >>> Is it you camera technic that you really want us to see, or your
    >>> PORNtraits!

    >> It is not porn, you narrow minded imbecile. Just beautiful
    >> shots of a sexy girl.

    >Some people see porn in ANY picture of a female. Pity them.

    I looked at the pictures in question. Anyone who thinks those are porn
    should probably return to their time machine and report back to Oliver
    Cromwell's government forthwith. Those just look like the sort of commercial
    portraiture that one would use for, e.g. an album cover to me.
    Chris Brown, Nov 19, 2005
  15. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Chris Brown wrote:
    > In article <mkCff.32125$>,
    > Ron Hunter <> wrote:
    >> 223rem wrote:

    >>> It is not porn, you narrow minded imbecile. Just beautiful
    >>> shots of a sexy girl.

    >> Some people see porn in ANY picture of a female. Pity them.

    > I looked at the pictures in question. Anyone who thinks those are porn
    > should probably return to their time machine and report back to Oliver
    > Cromwell's government forthwith. Those just look like the sort of commercial
    > portraiture that one would use for, e.g. an album cover to me.

    Exactly. Sultry, not sexy. Oh well, evil, like beauty, is in the eye
    of the beholder.

    --
    Ron Hunter
    Ron Hunter, Nov 19, 2005
  16. "PcB" <pcbradley@no_spam_lineone.net> schreef in bericht
    > <<A few new portraits on:
    >
    > http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/portret/index4.html
    >
    > Your comments are highly appriciated.>>
    >
    > Well, I'm not the best person to comment (but I'll have a go anyway <g>) -
    > technically the shots are really good (as ever, Gregoir) but I don't think
    > the model *connects* with the viewer.

    I can agree Paul.
    Thanks fot looking.

    Gregoir
    G. Hoppenbrouwers, Nov 19, 2005
  17. "Ron Hunter" <> schreef in bericht
    > G. Hoppenbrouwers wrote:
    >> A few new portraits on:
    >>
    >> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/portret/index4.html
    >>
    >> Your comments are highly appriciated.
    >>
    >> Gregoir (NL)

    > Do you have something against this subject? In most of the pictures, you
    > cut off the top of her head. Why?

    Well, that's a matter of taste.
    Looking back I say I should'nt have cropped the head in the last pic.

    Gregoir
    G. Hoppenbrouwers, Nov 19, 2005
  18. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    Ron Hunter Guest

    G. Hoppenbrouwers wrote:
    > "Ron Hunter" <> schreef in bericht
    >> G. Hoppenbrouwers wrote:
    >>> A few new portraits on:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.fotogregoir.dds.nl/portret/index4.html
    >>>
    >>> Your comments are highly appriciated.
    >>>
    >>> Gregoir (NL)

    >> Do you have something against this subject? In most of the pictures, you
    >> cut off the top of her head. Why?

    > Well, that's a matter of taste.
    > Looking back I say I should'nt have cropped the head in the last pic.
    >
    > Gregoir

    Given that I believe a woman's hair is her 'crowning beauty', I am
    careful to make sure I get all of it into a picture. Cut off heads are
    a 'trademark' of the newbie in photography. Otherwise the shots are
    quite well done.

    --
    Ron Hunter
    Ron Hunter, Nov 19, 2005
  19. G. Hoppenbrouwers

    Frank ess Guest

    Ron Hunter wrote:
    > G. Hoppenbrouwers wrote:
    >> "Ron Hunter" <> schreef in bericht

    >>> Do you have something against this subject? In most of the
    >>> pictures, you cut off the top of her head. Why?

    >> Well, that's a matter of taste.
    >> Looking back I say I should'nt have cropped the head in the last
    >> pic.
    >>
    >> Gregoir
    >>

    > Given that I believe a woman's hair is her 'crowning beauty', I am
    > careful to make sure I get all of it into a picture. Cut off heads
    > are a 'trademark' of the newbie in photography. Otherwise the shots
    > are quite well done.

    Famous Photographer to Marilyn Monroe: "Sorry I cut off the top of
    your head in that one".

    Marilyn Monroe: "Don't worry. Everyone knows I have a top on my head".

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Nov 19, 2005
  20. >
    > Marilyn Monroe: "Don't worry. Everyone knows I have a top on my head".

    I would have assume she had all the other parts too but would have hated to
    have them cropped! Anyway...there are no rules...do what looks best to you.
    Gene Palmiter, Nov 20, 2005