    512kb ADSL
    1 gig cpu
    120 hdd

    PJ, Nov 2, 2003

  2. PJ

    °Mike° Guest

    Can I send a FAX now that I have ADSL?
    http://www.btofaq.net/articles/misc/internet2fax.html

    WinFax Pro
    http://www.symantec.com/winfax/sys_req.html

    On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 18:34:30 +0000 (UTC), in
    <bo3inm$358$>
    PJ scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Nov 2, 2003

  3. PJ

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Use your modem. Get any fax software from here
    http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=fax&tg=dl-2001&search= Go!
    or use XP's built in fax software.

    pcbutts1, Nov 2, 2003
  4. PJ

    Richard Guest

    PJ wrote:

    > Hi all.
    > Wonder if you can help me? I do not own a fax machine but
    > wondered
    > if its possible to fax with my pc? I have a scanner so theres no
    > problem
    > with me getting my letter on to my pc. Where do I go from there
    > though?? Is
    > it possible to send my scanned message to a fax machine?
    > Thank you for reading.
    > Pj ;0)
    > win xp pro
    > 640 ram
    > 512kb ADSL
    > 1 gig cpu
    > 120 hdd

    As long as you are using a true phone line you can.
    Not possible with things like cable.
    All you need is fax software.
    I've done it before. Works just fine.

    Richard, Nov 2, 2003
  5. PJ

    Guy Galluzzo Guest

    Yes there is go to control panel then add or remove programs then to
    add/remove windows components then check fax services and then click next
    and then get ur xp cd and then run the step by step setup.

    Guy Galluzzo, Nov 2, 2003
  6. PJ

    PJ Guest

    "pcbutts1" <> wrote in message
    > Use your modem. Get any fax software from here
    > http://download.com.com/3120-20-0.html?qt=fax&tg=dl-2001&search= Go!
    > or use XP's built in fax software.

    > "PJ" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all.
    > > Wonder if you can help me? I do not own a fax machine but

    wondered
    > > if its possible to fax with my pc? I have a scanner so theres no problem
    > > with me getting my letter on to my pc. Where do I go from there though??

    > Is
    > > it possible to send my scanned message to a fax machine?
    > > Thank you for reading.
    > > Pj ;0)
    > > win xp pro
    > > 640 ram
    > > 512kb ADSL
    > > 1 gig cpu
    > > 120 hdd

    Ok Thanks mate for the addy. Just need to get myself a modem then. Thought
    so.
    PJ;0)

    PJ, Nov 2, 2003
  7. PJ

    pcbutts1 Guest

    A modem is standard equipment on any pc, are you sure you don't have one. If
    not then you can use something like
    http://www.efax.com but it is not free.

    http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm

    pcbutts1, Nov 2, 2003
  8. PJ

    nemo Guest

    I have 5 PC's, only 1 of themhad a modem as standard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Regards

    nemo

    nemo, Nov 2, 2003
  9. PJ

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Your pc's must be older then sh*t.

    pcbutts1, Nov 2, 2003
  10. PJ

    PJ Guest

    "Guy Galluzzo" <> wrote in message
    > Yes there is go to control panel then add or remove programs then to
    > add/remove windows components then check fax services and then click next
    > and then get ur xp cd and then run the step by step setup.
    > "PJ" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi all.
    > > Wonder if you can help me? I do not own a fax machine but

    wondered
    > > if its possible to fax with my pc? I have a scanner so theres no problem
    > > with me getting my letter on to my pc. Where do I go from there though??

    > Is
    > > it possible to send my scanned message to a fax machine?
    > > Thank you for reading.
    > > Pj ;0)
    > > win xp pro
    > > 640 ram
    > > 512kb ADSL
    > > 1 gig cpu
    > > 120 hdd

    So I can send a fax with ADSL modem? Don't need to get a 56kb modem?

    PJ, Nov 2, 2003
  11. PJ

    Carlhungus Guest

    On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 18:34:30 +0000 (UTC), "PJ"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi all.
    > Wonder if you can help me? I do not own a fax machine but wondered
    >if its possible to fax with my pc? I have a scanner so theres no problem
    >with me getting my letter on to my pc. Where do I go from there though?? Is
    >it possible to send my scanned message to a fax machine?
    >Thank you for reading.
    >Pj ;0)
    >win xp pro
    >640 ram
    >512kb ADSL
    >1 gig cpu
    >120 hdd

    Yes get a 56k modem and use that with windows or other fax software.
    It is possible to send it over the internet with any connection but
    that requires a service like ezfax.com which was mentioned before
    which costs money.

    I would say most computers today do not come with modems. Unless you
    live in a broadbandless area like Butzville, North Dakota.

    Carlhungus, Nov 3, 2003
  12. PJ

    pcbutts1 Guest

    It must be area specific then. I live in LA and they all come with modems
    that I see.

    pcbutts1, Nov 3, 2003
  13. Enforcement Team, Nov 3, 2003
  14. PJ

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Hi all.
    > Wonder if you can help me? I do not own a fax machine but wondered
    >if its possible to fax with my pc? I have a scanner so theres no problem
    >with me getting my letter on to my pc. Where do I go from there though?? Is
    >it possible to send my scanned message to a fax machine?

    PCI (internal) 56K modems often have fax/voice support,and they are
    dirt cheap now as in $18 (Aussie dollars) for the Web Excel (ESS
    TeleDrive chip).

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Nov 3, 2003
  15. PJ

    PJ Guest

    "Jimmy Dean" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 18:34:30 +0000 (UTC), "PJ"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi all.
    > > Wonder if you can help me? I do not own a fax machine but

    wondered
    > >if its possible to fax with my pc? I have a scanner so theres no problem
    > >with me getting my letter on to my pc. Where do I go from there though??

    Is
    > >it possible to send my scanned message to a fax machine?

    > PCI (internal) 56K modems often have fax/voice support,and they are
    > dirt cheap now as in $18 (Aussie dollars) for the Web Excel (ESS
    > TeleDrive chip).
    >
    > jd

    Thanks for all your posts.
    I give you an update as you've made it possible. I have just sent my first
    fax(although tricky,I wandered if it would be easy to buy a fax machine). I
    had a friend check first to see if it reach her before I sent my
    letter(which was important).It had to reach London(UK) by Wednesday,which
    due to the postal strikes here, it would of never made it. So BIG thank you
    guys.
    I hope the postman/postwomen are happy soon. We need you!
    PJ ;0) (UK)

    PJ, Nov 3, 2003