A extremely weird and crazy problems trying to install Quicktime

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Lvubun, Jun 21, 2006.

  1. Lvubun

    Lvubun Guest

    For the last couple of hours I've tried every angle to try to fix this
    problem. Now the crazyiest part of this is not only can I not install
    Quicktime but I can't even download a file that has "quicktime" in the
    name. If I try to download any version of Quicktime that has
    "Quicktime"(all of them) in the name, it finishes and I try to open it, and
    I get a msg "(filename) doesn't exist. It may have been renamed, moved or
    deleted...". So the only way I can download the installers is if I change
    the name to something random, I get the error msg even if I rename the file
    "QU".

    The main issue is when I try to install Quicktime, with Itunes or
    Standalone I get a runtime error "This application has requested to
    terminate in a ununsual way" I have searched the forum and have tried every
    fix, from Regedits to virus scans you name it. I went to oldversions.com
    and I couldn't even download version 3.

    The other crazy part is that after i get the runtime error message and hit
    "ok" Quicktime completely disappears from my computer. On some of the older
    versions I don't get a error msg, it installs, I hit "finish" then I try to
    go where I installed it to and every single time it disappears, i've tried
    to install it on the Desktop, external harddrives, etc. but its never
    their. I'm usually able to fix problems like this but this one is just
    unbelievable so I more then appeciate any help I can get with this, thanks.
    Lvubun, Jun 21, 2006

  2. Lvubun

    John Holmes Guest

    Lvubun "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > I'm usually able to fix problems like this

    Then fix it, you mud-soaked, utterly useless show-off.

    --
    Your mother was a no-brained office clerk who worked on a film set
    underneath a bus shelter.
    John Holmes, Jun 22, 2006