    Thanks,
    --
    Programmer/ Network Support Analyst Student
    =?Utf-8?B?U2FnYUJvaTE3?=, Oct 8, 2004

  2. 2, Core and OS:
    http://www.comptia.org/certification/a/glancebox.aspx

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    Jupiter Jones [MVP], Oct 8, 2004

  3. Thanks, so pretty much 2 seperate tests = 1 A+ Certification.

    Any suggestions on which OS book is best to self study?

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FnYUJvaTE3?=, Oct 9, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U2FnYUJvaTE3?=

    Guest Guest

    Mike Meyers has a very good book to prepare you for A+
    certification. It is called Mike Meyers Passport A+
    Certification. Transcender also offers great practice
    tests to prepare you for the exam as well as a good
    learning tool in general.
    Feral Geek

    in message

    Guest, Oct 9, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U2FnYUJvaTE3?=

    Christ5340 Guest

    80 questions in 1.5 hours

    33% of the test was related to cpu types, speeds, sockets, and
    motherboard compatiblity
    20% memory types, speeds, number of pins
    20% laser and inkjet printing processes, installing, troubleshooting
    20% anything to do with laptops, batteries, pc cards, connecting
    devices to it
    7% scsi related, different types of connectors, basic order of
    troubleshooting a pc, bios/cmos issues

    Christ5340, Oct 11, 2004
  6. Mike Meyers, this is great to know, but I was wondering if there was any self
    study books specializing in the OS area. I wanna hold off on hardware for now.

    How about "A+ Guide to Software: Managing, Maintaining, and Troubleshooting,
    Third Edition
    Anything better than this for self study preparation?

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FnYUJvaTE3?=, Oct 15, 2004
  7. =?Utf-8?B?U2FnYUJvaTE3?=

    Tony Guest

    Damn.... 1.5 hours huh. Took me a total of 21 minutes, and that was with
    the adaptive beta, so i had to answer 30 more questions per exam......
    gee, wonder how long it would have taken me if i'd actually studied?

    Tony, Oct 22, 2004
  8. =?Utf-8?B?U2FnYUJvaTE3?=

    Gabriel Guest

    there's a hardware test and a O/S test and u get 2 cert's. i'm going for
    mine as well good luck too u.....

    Gabriel, Nov 14, 2004
  9. Mike Meyers is "THE" best one...
    No need to look elsewhere!