    from my Provider states Hardware is 220-221 and OS is 220-222

    Im 99% sure its two separate exams, can someone confirm, otherwise I fear I
    have twice as much to remember!
    Dean Marcus, Aug 23, 2003

  2. Dean Marcus

    Lady Guest

    There are two separate tests. CompTia recommends that you take them on
    different days. But I think it is good to take them both on the same day.

    When I got my A+, I took them both on the same day because they have to be
    taken within a certain time frame of each other.

    Unless it changed since I took it, the time frame is 90 days.

    Hope this helps.

    "Dean Marcus" <> wrote in message
    > I have been given the A+ Hardware and OS materials to work though. Its

    ALOT

    Lady, Aug 23, 2003

  3. There is no longer a time frame.

    Clint Kennedy, Aug 23, 2003
  4. Dean Marcus

    Lady Guest

    Thank you for the correction.

    Lady, Aug 24, 2003
  5. Dean Marcus

    danilo Guest

    ---SURE MR DEAN-----
    A+ hardware and a+software are separate exams
    but they complete each other in many ways!!!!
    tips that i can give you is if you have already complete
    the hardware course, just complete the software part as
    well and have a good practice of the exams. that will be
    much easier [based on personal experience] as question of
    hardware can have software parts in it and vice versa....
    OH just one more thing , practice much on troubleshooting
    as the questions are in the "a customer calls u
    complaining...blablabla , what is the first step for
    troubleshooting this problem" format. you should expect
    these ones---
    hope ive been of any help :)
    danilo
    danilo, Aug 27, 2003
  6. Dean Marcus

    Shelby Meyer Guest

    A+ is very easy for anyone thats had any experience inside a PC. I way over
    studied. I took both tests same day for a combined time of 20 minutes.
    Most of the questions are very short and practically identical to the Mike
    Meyers A+ book. Don't stress over it to much.

    --
    Shelby Meyer
    Meyer Computer Consulting

    Shelby Meyer, Aug 28, 2003
  7. Dean Marcus

    Mikey Guest

    Two Exams.

    Yeah. Its two tests, two sittings. Its not bad at all.
    Just make sure you have a good handle on things and you
    should do fine. Also, you can take time in between, dont
    feel like you have to take them both right after the
    other. Only thing, dont take so much time that they
    change the test, if they change it drastically in the
    middle you will have to take the other over.

    Good luck.

    Mikey, Sep 2, 2003