A+ exam in two days

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Andy, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. Andy

    Andy Guest

    Hi all,
    This is the first time I've contributed to this group. I'm taking both
    elements of the test on Thursday evening. I'm scoring quite high in practice
    tests and trying to brush up on elements I'm weak on, i.e Networks and W2K.

    My strategy is this, between sleeping and working full time I'm doing tests
    over and over until I consistently score in the high 90s for each of them.

    If anyone has any advice on on how they passed the tests then I'd be glad to
    hear about it, I plan to take 1/2 day off work on Thursday to do every test
    I can prior to taking the exams for real in the evening. Also if anyone has
    any advice on where to go next I'd be grateful, my ideal career path would
    be to start my own business, repairing and trouble shooting computer systems
    and network consultation.

    Any personal experiences would be most appreciated, and although I know
    there is a huge database of questions, if anyone can highlight a particular
    area the exams are focusing on that would be great.

    Thanking you all in advance

    Andy

    Andy, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Andy

    Jeff Shealey Guest

    I got my voucher for the hardware exan from Total Seminars. I am now
    studying for the OS exam.
    "techophile" <> wrote in message

    > Sounds almost exactly like my plan, up to and including the afterwards
    > scenerio. I'm taking mine in about 3 weeks though. Are you using a
    > "voucher" to pay for the exam? This is the only thing that I'm fuzzy

    about.
    > Anyone have any advice on using vouchers? If you can take the test

    cheaper

    Jeff Shealey, Jun 23, 2003

  3. Andy

    DarioUK Guest

    Hi,

    Lately it would appear that Printer questions are appearing quite heavily on
    the hardware exam, including the various components of dot matrix, inkjet,
    and laser, and the laser printing process.
    Also common faults that can occur on each of these.

    On the operating systems exam, Windows NT seems to be playing a larger part
    than I would normall expect. Typically, boot files and the startup process.

    If you know your subjects, then consistantly can get high 80% to 90% in a
    selection of different practice tests, then it's likely that you will be
    fine with both exams.

    Best of luck,

    Dario

    DarioUK, Jun 24, 2003
  4. You are "over-studying", or studying the wrong way.

    What you are doing is memorizing the practice tests, not learning the
    material.

    Barry Watzman, Jun 26, 2003