    Did a Google search on Downloader.HF and went and read all the references.

    Still not quite sure how to get rid of the pest.

    Would appreciate any advice/help on it.
    RB, Feb 19, 2004

  2. RB

    Harri Mellin Guest

    In article <T96Zb.32670$>,
    "RB" <> wrote:

    > Ran AVG last nite and it says I have some kind of virus it doesn't handle.
    >
    > Ran current Spybot and AdAware, and neither of those found anything.
    >
    > Ran Bitdefender and it says I have a Downloader.HF trojan.
    >
    > Did a Google search on Downloader.HF and went and read all the references.
    >
    > Still not quite sure how to get rid of the pest.
    >
    > Would appreciate any advice/help on it.

    it's not a trojan it's Adware try a adware remover

    Swedish Webcams http://zap.to/webcams
    Harri Mellin, Feb 20, 2004

  3. RB

    johns Guest

    It's a trojan ... commercial version. AdAware might get
    a piece of it. If you know about when you got it, do a
    date search on all files and see if you can spot the thing.
    Probably pieces of it all over .. startup, etc. Look for
    weird services and check their dates. Keep looking
    and try to remove what you can and reboot to see if
    the weird service stops. Generally when that is done,
    you've got most of what will regenerate the thing.

    johns
    johns, Feb 21, 2004