A different kind of Language Question.

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Tony Sperling, Dec 7, 2005.

  1. Destiny, and events beyond my control have positioned me in Denmark. Quite
    often, when installing some new piece of software, my computer starts
    communicating with me in Danish. Although my 'mother toungue', I will not
    tolerate this behaviour, since I specifically pay extra for the
    International O/S versions, so out goes the software!

    This is becoming so frequent now, and is occurring with quite a lot of
    products that I accuire with great anticipation and it is discurraging to
    have to throw them away all the time. Just now, it happened again, and I
    will emphasize - there is no Danish software of any kind on my machine,
    except spell-checkers, and a couple of device drivers that I cannot get
    around - the nVidia driver as one painful example. That is almost the worst
    part - that one has a setting originally named ( Vibrating Colors, I think)
    This has been translated into something that would translate back into
    (Digital Vibration) and this is the driver I downloaded from the nVidia site
    itself!

    I can hardly live with having to see this kind of evil minded idiocy - does
    anybody out there know of a fix that allows me to have my system in peace?
    Something that will block these intrusions? Naturally, I have tried telling
    the O/S installation to accept whatever comes up as default during
    installation, usually putting me in the US - but then that interferes with
    the date and the resetting of the clock and DST and all that, and then the
    fix becomes a harassment of it's own.

    Any idea at all? I would love to finally have a peek at the things I bought
    over the past couple of years!

    Tony. . .
    Tony Sperling, Dec 7, 2005

  2. Tony Sperling

    Mirko Guest

    Regarding the nVidia drivers.
    nVidia provides many of their driver packages in two versions. (an
    international version and an english only version)

    "Tony Sperling" <>
    :OO9lBly%...

    Mirko, Dec 8, 2005

  3. Yes, I know. And I always take particular care to get the English only. But,
    you are right, I go there so frequently that I may have missed it. However,
    doesn't quite a number of app's use some LANGUAGE.DLL when they install?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Dec 8, 2005