    Which of these two brands are better when it comes to SD cards? A-Data
    or Sandisk? Looking at getting a 512mb one.
    --

    Flintstone, Nov 19, 2006

  2. Flintstone

    Mathew Good Guest

    On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 21:34:27 +0000 (UTC), "Flintstone" <> wrote:

    >Which of these two brands are better when it comes to SD cards? A-Data
    >or Sandisk? Looking at getting a 512mb one.

    Try here for a Good deal..

    Sandisk is what I would get, but does it really matter..?

    http://www.flashcards.co.nz/

    Mathew Good, Nov 19, 2006

  3. Flintstone

    Guest

    Flintstone wrote:
    > Which of these two brands are better when it comes to SD cards? A-Data
    > or Sandisk? Looking at getting a 512mb one.

    I would recommend a quality brand like Sandisk or Kingston. My original
    256MB SD card (which I still have) is a Kingston. Earlier this year I
    bought a 1GB A-Data SD card and the plastic is noticeably
    thinner/flimsier. After a couple of dozen insertion/removal cycles from
    my camera a piece of plastic broke off the corner of the card. Now the
    card is threatening to split into two pieces.

    , Nov 19, 2006
  4. Flintstone

    Vista Guest

    "Flintstone" <> wrote in message

    > Which of these two brands are better when it comes to SD cards? A-Data
    > or Sandisk? Looking at getting a 512mb one.
    > --

    Sandisk or Kingston. Not AData

    Vista, Nov 20, 2006
  5. Flintstone

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "Vista" <> wrote in news:1163992158.989042@ftpsrv1:

    > Sandisk or Kingston. Not AData

    Adata does not seem to have a compatable bios for some uses. Sandisk does.
    All else equal, go with Sandisk. They actually document some of their
    scatter gather algorithms, in a general sense.
    http://www.sandisk.com/Oem/ApplicationNotes/

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Nov 20, 2006
  6. Flintstone

    nzschooltech Guest

    Flintstone wrote:
    > Which of these two brands are better when it comes to SD cards? A-Data
    > or Sandisk? Looking at getting a 512mb one.

    Sandisk 1GB for $50 from Flashcards.
    These are very nice. No cap that you can lose, they have a retractable plug.

    nzschooltech, Nov 24, 2006
  7. Flintstone

    nzschooltech Guest

    Flintstone wrote:
    > Which of these two brands are better when it comes to SD cards? A-Data
    > or Sandisk? Looking at getting a 512mb one.

    Sorry I thought you meant a pen drive.

    I have always used Sandisk in preference to other brands some of which
    have been less good. If you need a fast card their Ultra II is tops.

    nzschooltech, Nov 24, 2006