A critical update is available to remove unacceptable symbols fromthe Bookshelf Symbol 7 font

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by SchoolTech, Feb 3, 2006.

  1. SchoolTech

    SchoolTech Guest

    SchoolTech, Feb 3, 2006

  2. SchoolTech

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    Nik Coughlin, Feb 3, 2006

  3. SchoolTech

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: A critical update is available to remove unacceptable symbols from the Bookshelf Symbol 7 font

    Nik Coughlin wrote:
    > SchoolTech wrote:
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;833407&spid=918&sid=global
    >>
    >> What are these unacceptable symbols?

    > Two swastikas. They weren't Nazi swastikas though, they were from a
    > set of Japanese kanji characters.

    Sweet baby Jesus! How far can you take political correctness before it
    becomes just plain ridiculous?
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Feb 3, 2006
  4. SchoolTech

    Jerry Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Nik Coughlin wrote:
    >
    >>SchoolTech wrote:
    >>
    >>>http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;833407&spid=918&sid=global
    >>>
    >>>What are these unacceptable symbols?

    >>Two swastikas. They weren't Nazi swastikas though, they were from a
    >>set of Japanese kanji characters.

    > Sweet baby Jesus! How far can you take political correctness before it
    > becomes just plain ridiculous?

    It's well past that point

    Jerry, Feb 3, 2006
  5. Re: A critical update is available to remove unacceptable symbols from the Bookshelf Symbol 7 font

    T'was the Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:53:56 +1300 when I remembered "~misfit~"
    <> saying something like this:

    >> Two swastikas. They weren't Nazi swastikas though, they were from a
    >> set of Japanese kanji characters.

    >Sweet baby Jesus! How far can you take political correctness before it
    >becomes just plain ridiculous?

    Probably if someone said to you to stop talking about baby Jesus being
    sweet?:)

    Still, if you happen to offend the masses, you can get into trouble
    easily. Ask the Danish in regards to caricatures of Mohammed.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.

    Waylon Kenning, Feb 3, 2006
  6. SchoolTech

    Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > T'was the Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:53:56 +1300 when I remembered "~misfit~"
    > <> saying something like this:
    >
    >>> Two swastikas. They weren't Nazi swastikas though, they were from a
    >>> set of Japanese kanji characters.

    >> Sweet baby Jesus! How far can you take political correctness before
    >> it becomes just plain ridiculous?

    > Probably if someone said to you to stop talking about baby Jesus being
    > sweet?:)

    Heh! True.

    > Still, if you happen to offend the masses, you can get into trouble
    > easily. Ask the Danish in regards to caricatures of Mohammed.

    Yeah, I heard about that.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Feb 3, 2006