    Thanks a bunch!

    celso

    , Jun 23, 2005

  2. Ivor Jones Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I just installed a Sipura SPA-1001 on my home network, which has a
    > couple machines connected via a simple 4-port linksys router and
    > DSL box to the internet. I was able to call PSTN numbers from the
    > SPA-1001 but not the opposite. I tried the 1-747 number I got from
    > them but could not reach it from my landline.
    > What is needed in order for that to happen? Is this only possible
    > nowadays via paid services? I hooked the sipura ata via sipphone.com
    > and they seem to suggest that on their site
    > (http://sipphone.com/virtual/).
    > Thanks a bunch!

    Sounds like a port forwarding issue. You need to ensure all ports required
    by your Sipura are forwarded to it from your router.

    I don't know those required by Sipphone, you should be able to get that
    info from them. If all else fails try adding the IP address of the Sipura
    to the router's DMZ. Also check if you need a STUN server address setting;
    some providers require it, some don't.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Jun 23, 2005

  3. Guest

    Thanks Ivor,

    I fixed the problem and now can make calls both ways.
    One more question though. I basicaly set up this ipphone
    in order to call international and get rid of my landphone
    and its high bills.
    I have a brother in Brazil and he's got DSL and a sipura
    box installed and hooked up to his phone. We were
    able to speak to each other via this set-up and everything
    seems to work fine.
    Now, I want to be able to call him and then forward the
    call to my parents' PSTN phone still in Brazil. How is billing
    done in this case? I'm using sipphone.com as I mentioned
    before. Is he going to get billed, or is it going to be me?
    How are rates calculated? Are we going to end up paying
    the international ongoing rate? (sipphone charges 16c/min,
    not much different from what I use to pay with my landline,
    18c/min).
    Regards and thanks again,

    Celso

    , Jun 29, 2005
  4. Miguel Cruz Guest

    <> wrote:
    > I fixed the problem and now can make calls both ways. One more question
    > though. I basicaly set up this ipphone in order to call international and
    > get rid of my landphone and its high bills.
    >
    > I have a brother in Brazil and he's got DSL and a sipura box installed and
    > hooked up to his phone. We were able to speak to each other via this
    > set-up and everything seems to work fine.
    >
    > Now, I want to be able to call him and then forward the call to my
    > parents' PSTN phone still in Brazil. How is billing done in this case? I'm
    > using sipphone.com as I mentioned before. Is he going to get billed, or is
    > it going to be me? How are rates calculated? Are we going to end up paying
    > the international ongoing rate? (sipphone charges 16c/min, not much
    > different from what I use to pay with my landline, 18c/min).

    If you dial to Brazil through sipphone, or set up call forawrding to a
    Brazil number through sipphone (I'm not sure what you mean by "forward"; do
    you actually mean forward, or do you mean transfer?), then you will pay
    their rates for calls to Brazil.

    If your Sipura box supports conferencing between two virtual lines, you can
    make a direct box-to-box connection to your brother and then bridge that
    with your sipphone "line", and not pay anything.

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, Jun 29, 2005
  5. SIP2PSTN Guest

    Wrote:
    > Thanks Ivor,
    >
    > I fixed the problem and now can make calls both ways.
    > One more question though. I basicaly set up this ipphone
    > in order to call international and get rid of my landphone
    > and its high bills.
    > I have a brother in Brazil and he's got DSL and a sipura
    > box installed and hooked up to his phone. We were
    > able to speak to each other via this set-up and everything
    > seems to work fine.
    > Now, I want to be able to call him and then forward the
    > call to my parents' PSTN phone still in Brazil. How is billing
    > done in this case? I'm using sipphone.com as I mentioned
    > before. Is he going to get billed, or is it going to be me?
    > How are rates calculated? Are we going to end up paying
    > the international ongoing rate? (sipphone charges 16c/min,
    > not much different from what I use to pay with my landline,
    > 18c/min).
    > Regards and thanks again,
    >
    > Celso

    Celso could you please post that what did you do to get rid of th
    problem you were facing , how did you fixed it

    --
    SIP2PSTN

    SIP2PSTN, Jun 29, 2005
  6. Guest

    I needed the STUN server address setting and had not provided that.

    celso

    , Jun 30, 2005