    going about this?

    tia,
    Paolo
    polvoronn, Jul 11, 2003

  2. polvoronn

    Don Coon Guest

    (http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2938393577&category=43445
    > ) on ebay. What do you guys think of it? Is there anything I should

    watch
    > out for when buying rechargable batteries?

    I just bought the A60 as a backup to my 10D. The A60 is a great little
    camera.
    The charger you refer to looks exactly like one I bought at Wal-Mart with 4
    1800mah batteries for $16.82 -- $17.83 after sales tax. Works well.

    If you need 16 AAs, the Ebay would be cheaper than buying from Wal-mart by
    about $2. Personally, I get by with two sets of batteries. Three sets are
    OK but 4 sets are excessive -- IMHO. Also the Ebay batteries are no-names.

    > 2) I want to be able to view my pictures on my dvd player. The dvd

    player
    > I ahve now cannot read jpeg images, so I thought I'd make vcds out of

    them.
    > I don't need crystal clear quality as much as I need compatibility so I
    > thought that the vcd would be a good choice (my images are mostly 1048x746
    > and they looked great when I viewed them on my tv straight from the

    camera).
    > Should I go ahead and just make it in vcd form, or is there a better way

    of
    > going about this?
    >
    > tia,
    > Paolo

    You can go both ways on this one. DVD players capable of playing Jpegs are
    cheap -- like $50 for an Apex 1100W at Wal-Mart. Saves you lots of time. On
    the other hand, I used to burn VCDs using Ulead's DVD PictureShow. It gives
    you great flexibility in setting up slide shows and better presentation.
    But, alas, I found it's not really worth the effort after the novelty wears
    off : )

    Good Luck!
    Don Coon, Jul 11, 2003

  3. polvoronn

    Tony Cooper Guest

    On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 02:45:00 GMT, "polvoronn"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a Canon A60 and ....
    >
    >1) I really need to pick up some rechargable AA NiMH batteries. I see
    >packages like this
    >(http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2938393577&category=43445
    >) on ebay. What do you guys think of it? Is there anything I should watch
    >out for when buying rechargable batteries?

    It's a good deal price-wise. I pay $10 for a pair of 2000 mAh NiMH
    batteries at Wolfe Camera. I bought a smart charger at Radio Shack
    for $16.00. I rotate 3 pair of batteries, so I've invested $46.00.
    The eBay offer is $54.50 (with postage) and you get 16 batteries plus
    the charger.

    --
    Tony Cooper aka:
    Provider of Jots, Tittles, and Oy!s
    Tony Cooper, Jul 11, 2003
  4. polvoronn

    Guest Guest

    That charger is a good charger - Sold in UK as Hama Delta 2/4 Charger

    Uses Negative Delta V Sensing to end the charge cycle & switch to trickle

    Guest, Jul 11, 2003