    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288945865

    Yes, the composition sux on the first one, sorry. These are untouched, just
    as they came off the CF card.

    Brian Wiggins, Oct 5, 2003

  2. Brian Wiggins

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Brian Wiggins wrote:

    > These were shot @ ISO 100, f13 @ about 30 seconds for the first one, f10 @
    > about 25 seconds for the second.
    >
    > http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288945865
    >
    > Yes, the composition sux on the first one, sorry. These are untouched, just
    > as they came off the CF card.

    Hmm.. "You Must Sign In to View This Album"

    No thanks..

    I would like to see 300D pictures.. Is there another place you can post these
    images ?
    Jim Townsend, Oct 5, 2003

  3. Phil Stripling, Oct 5, 2003
  4. Re: A couple night shots taken w/Digital Rebel - TRY THIS

    My apoligies, didn't realize that Image Station required signing up..
    Try these links. Nothing to join, nothing to buy :)

    http://www.ace-club.org/stw/IMG_0116.JPG

    http://www.ace-club.org/stw/IMG_0117.JPG

    Brian Wiggins, Oct 5, 2003
  5. Brian Wiggins

    Cherokee-LTD Guest

    "Phil Stripling" <> wrote in message
    : "Brian Wiggins" <> writes:
    :
    : >
    : > http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288945865
    : >
    :
    : It says I have to join to see the photos -- no thanks, I get all the junk
    : email I want.
    :
    : --
    : Philip

    I know how you feel. With that said, ImageStation doesn't send anything or
    sell your address. I get NO spam on the email address registered with them.
    It's still a pain in the ass for people that aren't registered otherwise I'd
    use it all the time.
    -Brian
    Cherokee-LTD, Oct 5, 2003
  6. Brian Wiggins

    Cherokee-LTD Guest

    "Brian Wiggins" <> wrote in message
    : These were shot @ ISO 100, f13 @ about 30 seconds for the first one, f10 @
    : about 25 seconds for the second.
    :

    Personally, I can't stand the blurring effect. It's a nice sharp image
    considering it hasn't been touched up but the station looks too yellow for
    my liking. I would really be interested in seeing that shot with a higher
    ISO. I think it would be a neat shot with the crossing lights on, gates down
    in the foreground with just the train station dominating the background. I
    hope you give this a try and post it!
    I'm thinking of upgrading from the 717 to the Rebel for shots like that.
    Have fun with the new toy!
    -Brian
    Cherokee-LTD, Oct 5, 2003
  7. Brian Wiggins

    sjs031 Guest

    Re: A couple night shots taken w/Digital Rebel - TRY THIS

    In article <3f7fa08f$1_1@127.0.0.1>, Brian Wiggins
    <> wrote:

    > My apoligies, didn't realize that Image Station required signing up..
    > Try these links. Nothing to join, nothing to buy :)
    >
    > http://www.ace-club.org/stw/IMG_0116.JPG
    >
    > http://www.ace-club.org/stw/IMG_0117.JPG

    Brian-

    I like them. Pretty darn sharp, and no noise that I could see. What
    lens did you use for these again?

    Great photos!

    -Steve
    sjs031, Oct 5, 2003
  8. Brian Wiggins

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Brian Wiggins wrote:

    > My apoligies, didn't realize that Image Station required signing up..
    > Try these links. Nothing to join, nothing to buy :)
    >
    > http://www.ace-club.org/stw/IMG_0116.JPG
    >
    > http://www.ace-club.org/stw/IMG_0117.JPG

    > http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
    > ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

    VERY low noise. What was the length of the exposure?
    Ron Hunter, Oct 5, 2003
  9. Brian Wiggins

    Jim Townsend Guest

    Jim Townsend, Oct 5, 2003
  10. Brian Wiggins

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Brian Wiggins wrote:

    > These were shot @ ISO 100, f13 @ about 30 seconds for the first one, f10 @
    > about 25 seconds for the second.
    >
    > http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288945865
    >
    > Yes, the composition sux on the first one, sorry. These are untouched, just
    > as they came off the CF card.

    > http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
    > ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

    Sorry, as much as I'd like to look at your stuff I'm not signing in to view
    photographs.

    --
    Paul. (Love with tongues of fire)
    Not what it seems...
    Paul Heslop, Oct 5, 2003
  11. Brian Wiggins

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Brian Wiggins wrote:

    > My apoligies, didn't realize that Image Station required signing up..
    > Try these links. Nothing to join, nothing to buy :)
    >
    > http://www.ace-club.org/stw/IMG_0116.JPG
    >
    > http://www.ace-club.org/stw/IMG_0117.JPG

    > http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
    > ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

    Thanks brian... pretty good stuff there.

    Paul Heslop, Oct 5, 2003
  12. Re: A couple night shots taken w/Digital Rebel - TRY THIS

    Thanks to everyone for the comments and constructive criticism, all is
    appreciated.

    I used the 18-55 lens that is included in the "kit" for both of these shots.

    Thanks again.
    Brian Wiggins

    Brian Wiggins, Oct 5, 2003
  13. Brian Wiggins

    Gerald Ross Guest

    Re: A couple night shots taken w/Digital Rebel - TRY THIS

    The second one appears to have a scratch on the negative ;-)

    Brian Wiggins wrote:

    > My apoligies, didn't realize that Image Station required signing up..
    > Try these links. Nothing to join, nothing to buy :)
    >
    > http://www.ace-club.org/stw/IMG_0116.JPG
    >
    > http://www.ace-club.org/stw/IMG_0117.JPG

    > http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000 Newsgroups
    > ---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via Encryption =---

    --

    Gerald Ross
    Cochran, GA
    It is better to die on your feet than
    to live on your knees.

    Gerald Ross, Oct 5, 2003
  14. Brian Wiggins

    JK Guest

    Re: A couple night shots taken w/Digital Rebel - TRY THIS

    Next time try to avoid the bright lights in the background. They are very
    distracting!

    JK, Oct 5, 2003
  15. Re: A couple night shots taken w/Digital Rebel - TRY THIS

    Note to self...
    Take BB gun on next night photo outing.

    Brian Wiggins, Oct 6, 2003
  16. Brian Wiggins

    Guest

    Brian Wiggins <> wrote:
    > Thanks to everyone for the comments and constructive criticism, all is
    > appreciated.

    > I used the 18-55 lens that is included in the "kit" for both of these shots.

    I was just searching this newsgroup to see what's being said about the Digital
    Rebel because I am considering buying one. Your two photos are impressive,
    esp. the first one. Thanks for sharing.
    , Oct 17, 2003