    A+ certification consists of 2 exams does that mean it costs $290? Or do
    they mean that it will cost $145 for both?

    LK

    Levi Kudrna, Apr 25, 2004

  2. Levi Kudrna

    bobG Guest

    Or $198 for 1100 practice questions and 2 vouchers at www.totalsem.com

    bobG, Apr 26, 2004

  3. Levi Kudrna

    Martin Guest

    "bobG" <> wrote:
    > Or $198 for 1100 practice questions and 2 vouchers at www.totalsem.com

    This is the deal I like the best.

    Martin, Apr 26, 2004
  4. "PCportinc" <> wrote in message
    > $290 + $65 for Myer's book + time to read 1200 pages - loss of income cuz

    there
    > aint no jobs!!!

    On the other hand, if you continue beyond A+ and get a formal education in
    computer science, MIS/CIS, etc there will be opportunities. If you were
    expecting to get a great job after getting your A+, then you didn't do your
    research.

    Patrick Michael, Apr 28, 2004
  5. Levi Kudrna

    Tvegas Guest

    So what's the point of wasting the time and money on the test?

    Tvegas, Apr 29, 2004
  6. "Tvegas" <> wrote in message
    > So what's the point of wasting the time and money on the test?

    Uhm, it's a stepping stone. Alone, it's not meant to get you a $100K/year
    job at a Fortunte 500 company. Like the below poster said, it's meant to
    get you started along your career path. Also, I believe A+ counts as one of
    the "elective" tests for the MSCE, which definitely is not worthless.

    Patrick Michael, May 2, 2004
  7. "NCIT" <-excitedotcom> wrote in message
    > The A+ and Network + combined will count as an elective toward the MCSA,

    but
    > not the MCSE.

    Thanks for the clarification.

    Patrick Michael, May 2, 2004
  8. Levi Kudrna

    Tvegas Guest

    I know, I was just being sarcastic. I'm so tired of seeing these negative
    posts in the form of "There's NO jobs so give up!" These people are so
    negative that they probably will Never get a job in the field.
    I personally believe in the A+ exams. I've seen half a dozen good paying
    jobs advertised that require it in my state.
    I still believe, and plan on taking them, and I have a positive mental
    attitude.
    I'm a believer in Self fulfilling prophecy, and these Pessimists are doomed
    for failure because of their whining.

    > >So what's the point of wasting the time and money on the test?

    > To get one's foot in the door.
    >
    > IT is flooded right now, much as BS Comp Sci and MBA was a while back.
    >
    > I'm personally looking for stuff that can't be outsourced. A physical

    presence

    Tvegas, May 13, 2004