    everyone out here.

    Thank you in advance to everyone
    Julian

    Julian, Jun 21, 2004

  2. Julian

    Renata Guest

    Questions I hated:

    the actual number of pins of a certain AMD processor - I expected
    socket/slot names, but NOT number of pins for AMD

    resistance, categories and max segment length of networking cables (had
    2-3 questions)

    some subnet masks' questions (I think I had 1 or 2 of those)

    some other processor specs - like what minimum FSB certain processor was
    designed to run at

    question pertaining to Bluetooth install and what has to be considered

    Many questions were familiar from All In One book and his Total Tester
    software (I had full version of it). I got questions on all the
    "standard" stuff such as monitor ESD procedures, how many DIMMs make a
    bank on certain processor, SCSI (how many devices, default IDs,
    termination, etc - had a total of at least 5-6 questions), some RAM
    troubleshooting (stuff like count showing less than installed, some
    RAM-connected messages, etc), AT motherboard power connector, floppy
    light constantly on, IRQs and I/O addresses, esp. of COM ports (had at
    the very least 4-5 of those questions), etc. Also had several laser
    printer questions.

    I passed with a score of 610, really thought I'd get closer to 700.

    Don't rely only on my experience though, as tests vary.

    --Renata

    Renata, Jun 21, 2004

  3. I did the core back in april. I remember there were quite a few printer
    questions for some reason and laptop questions. I also remember specific
    processor question that I just guessed at cuz I did not know. Know the easy
    ones for sure, like IRQ specs, SCSI specs, what type of ports are on the
    back of a computers ie parrallel is female db 25. If you study those and
    know those ones, you will pass, those are the ones that get you the pass,
    the tough ones are the ones that get you the honors scores.

    Fred Mathering, Jun 22, 2004
  4. Julian

    bobG Guest

    (Ryan Christiansen) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Because the testing is random, it's hard to pin down exactly what
    > questions will be on the test when you take it. Also, questions that
    > are hard for some are easy for others. I suggest drilling yourself
    > with questions from a book like "A+ Questions" that has more than
    > 2,000 questions in it. You can find it here.

    Read: My book.

    bobG, Jun 23, 2004