A+ Conflicting Information

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by MacSysOp, Jan 11, 2004.

  1. MacSysOp

    MacSysOp Guest

    I've come across what seems to be conflicting information in a
    downloaded Certkiller PDF. See two questions I've come across, below:

    Question: When a bearing in the power supply fan goes out. What should
    you replace?
    A. Fan
    B. Case
    C. Bearing
    D. Power Supply

    Answer: A

    I thought the fan was part of the power supply, and that the correct
    answer is / would be (on the exam at least) "D" the Power Supply.
    Even if it is possible to replace only the fan (which I'm not sure
    of)... what would the answer on the exam be?

    Question: Which priority settings are given to the SCSI ID number?
    (CHOOSE TWO)
    A. 0 lowest
    B. 0 highest
    C. 1 lowest
    D. 15 lowest
    E. 15 highest

    Answer: A&E

    I thought that the answer was "B & D".

    Anyone know which is correct?

    This is the kind of stuff that really frustrates me.

    I don't work with this stuff every day, so studying / memory is all I
    have to pass the exams - so incorrect information really bites.

    MacSysOp, Jan 11, 2004

  2. MacSysOp

    David Hough Guest

    I would usually have, in my vehicle, a couple different power supplies
    out of the, maybe 6 to 8 types I might encounter. So the odds might be 1
    in 4 of a success. I would usually have about four different size 12
    volt fans, so the odds were better on the fan. And if I did replace the
    power supply, I would take it back to the shop and replace the fan and
    keep it as a spare. So anyway you hack it, the fan gets replaced. I
    have not found one that I could not replace. The answer a. the fan is
    correct.

    David Hough, Jan 11, 2004

  3. MacSysOp

    Slammer Guest

    I would quite reading Certkiller junk.

    --
    Slammer
    MCSA, CNA, iNet+, Server+, Net+, A+

    Slammer, Jan 11, 2004
  4. MacSysOp

    Ghost Guest

    In article <>,
    (MacSysOp) wrote:

    > I've come across what seems to be conflicting information in a
    > downloaded Certkiller PDF. See two questions I've come across, below:
    >
    > Question: When a bearing in the power supply fan goes out. What should
    > you replace?
    > A. Fan
    > B. Case
    > C. Bearing
    > D. Power Supply
    >
    > Answer: A
    >
    > I thought the fan was part of the power supply, and that the correct
    > answer is / would be (on the exam at least) "D" the Power Supply.
    > Even if it is possible to replace only the fan (which I'm not sure
    > of)... what would the answer on the exam be?

    The fan inside the PSU is not considered a FRU. Although it is quite easy
    to get at, the test answer is to replace the PSU.

    > Question: Which priority settings are given to the SCSI ID number?
    > (CHOOSE TWO)
    > A. 0 lowest
    > B. 0 highest
    > C. 1 lowest
    > D. 15 lowest
    > E. 15 highest
    >
    > Answer: A&E
    >
    > I thought that the answer was "B & D".
    >
    > Anyone know which is correct?
    >
    > This is the kind of stuff that really frustrates me.
    >
    > I don't work with this stuff every day, so studying / memory is all I
    > have to pass the exams - so incorrect information really bites.

    B and D is correct... if I remember SCSI. It is rarley seen, and when it
    is, you rarely have to contend with SCSI ID numbers (other than to make
    sure no two devices have the same number).

    Ghost, Jan 11, 2004
  5. MacSysOp

    Ghost Guest

    In article <>, David Hough
    <> wrote:

    > I would usually have, in my vehicle, a couple different power supplies
    > out of the, maybe 6 to 8 types I might encounter. So the odds might be 1
    > in 4 of a success. I would usually have about four different size 12
    > volt fans, so the odds were better on the fan. And if I did replace the
    > power supply, I would take it back to the shop and replace the fan and
    > keep it as a spare. So anyway you hack it, the fan gets replaced. I
    > have not found one that I could not replace. The answer a. the fan is
    > correct.

    That may be the correct technician's answer, but for the test, it is not.
    This is a typical case of the book being wrong for real life.

    This is also a perect example of why techs with experience often fail the
    exams if they do not study for it. You know what to do for real world,
    but for the test, you would fail that question (not you Dave, just the
    collective "you").

    FRU's are Field Replaceable Units. A PSU is a FRU, but the fan inside of
    it is not. I guess the thought process is if the fan stopped, there may
    be some heat damage inside the PSU. This could lead to a premature
    failure of the PSU. So the idea is to replace the unit.

    However, in real life, I can change a fan too- and have many, many times.

    Ghost, Jan 11, 2004
  6. MacSysOp

    T. Hardy Guest

    I have actually replaced a fan in the field. I keep a soldering gun and
    solder with me. Some fans are not soldered into the power supply circuit
    board but a lot of them are so I would go with replacing the power supply.
    At least for the CompTIA A+ Cert test anyway.
    Just like the correct answer is replace Montor because A+ tech is not
    certified to go inside monitor and fix it.
    I didn't actually see that specific question on the test I took. I guess I
    was lucky!!

    T. Hardy, Jan 12, 2004
  7. MacSysOp

    A= Voucher Guest

    Hello Guy!!!!

    I passed A+ Exam!!!!

    I got discounted voucher from http://www.getcertify4less.com/mb.asp
    for only US $92.
    and two vouchers for only US $182.00

    If you wish to Catch Discounts please hurry up.

    Good Luck

    A= Voucher, Jan 13, 2004
  8. MacSysOp

    Karkucus Guest

    Looking toward A+ 2003 Certification , Here is greate Link
    for Excellent A+ 2003 Certification Guide,

    http://www.studyexam4less.com/mb.asp

    Also here is another Money saving idea for A+ Testing exam fee. buy voucher
    and Scheduale the exam using A+ voucher for Only US $92.00 saving of
    US $ 63

    Karkucus, Jan 18, 2004
  9. MacSysOp

    Mitzi Guest

    As I remember "A+ Fourth Edition" by Charles J. Brooks, the answer is
    replace the fan in the power supply.
    I kinda think the book sucks tough.

    I got the scsi question completely wrong. :|

    Mitzi
    A+ Network+

    Mitzi, Jan 21, 2004
  10. MacSysOp

    Karkucus Guest

    If you really want to learn some thing about A+ Certification.

    These guides are excellent , Free Demo are also available.

    http://www.studyexam4less.com/mb.asp

    Please follow the link.

    Karkucus, Jan 21, 2004