    Network+ ?
    Is it considered as a step up from Network+ or vice versa?
    Thanks!

    jorg, Jun 30, 2004

  2. jorg

    TechGeekPro Guest

    "jorg" <> wrote in message
    news:2ZpEc.171119$...
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I have recently passed the Network+ exam... how difficult is A+ compared

    > Network+ ?

    I did too... today!!! :) I think that the A+ is twice as hard simply
    because there are twice as many exams too pass. Really though, I passed the
    A+ in 2001 and I knew a lot less about PC's then whereas today I have a lot
    more experience with both computers and networks so it would be difficult
    for me to gauge that.

    > Is it considered as a step up from Network+ or vice versa?

    On one hand, I would consider it a step up in the same sense that having two
    or more computers connected together is a step up from a stand alone
    machine. On the other hand, the A+ is a much more popular cert and I see a
    lot more job listings requiring it. For all intents and purposes though, I
    personally would consider them pretty much equal.

    > Thanks!

    Your welcome!

    TechGeekPro, Jun 30, 2004

  3. don't know.....yet, I just completed my A+ and heading towards N+, however I
    likely won't start on it till the fall.

    Fred Mathering, Jun 30, 2004
  4. jorg

    Paul Kersey Guest

    Check the domains list at CompTIA.com to get a sense of the difference.

    Got an A+ cert in May last year and still have not found any full-time
    work....yet.
    So these certs help but the real king of the hill is experience.

    PK
    A+

    Paul Kersey, Jun 30, 2004
  5. On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 22:56:00 -0400, "jorg" <> wrote:

    >Hi all,
    >
    >I have recently passed the Network+ exam... how difficult is A+ compared to
    >Network+ ?
    >Is it considered as a step up from Network+ or vice versa?
    >Thanks!

    It basically depends on what you do and don't know. There is little
    overlap, they are different.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 30, 2004
  6. jorg

    Bryan Guest

    I completed the A+ cert in May this year and am now working on the Network+
    The A+ covers alot more ground than the Network+ does.... Both Certs are the
    way to go as both together count as an elective towards the MCSE cert. So
    take your time and get the A+ to add to your Network+. A+ is probably a
    little more difficult as it does have 2 tests opposed to the Net+ is only
    one test...

    There is a solution!"

    http://mail.spaminspector.com

    Bryan, Jul 3, 2004
  7. of course experience is king, but its such a catch 22

    Fred Mathering, Jul 7, 2004