    subject? There are schools near me that are 8 days, full time and some
    are 30+ days. What is everyone's opinion, on how long the training
    should be for someone new or with minimal experience? Thanks for reading
    somebody®, Sep 21, 2003

  2. somebody®

    DaveL Guest

    My take? If you are experienced with computers the 8 day course would be
    fine. Since you are new to the field then go for the 30 day course. I have
    15 years experience and still needed to study for a couple of months (not
    every day) before I felt I was ready.

    Dave

    DaveL, Sep 21, 2003

  3. Are you learning the stuff or just reviewing for the exam?

    Learning the stuff from scratch could take semesters, not days.

    Barry Watzman, Sep 21, 2003
  4. somebody®

    somebody® Guest

    Thanks for the replies, I took the fast course due to scheduling issues. I did
    not realize how in depth the subject was. It was geared towards those in the
    field wanting to be certified. I did learn a lot, but a slower-longer- pace
    would have been better for me with limited experience. I hope to take the tests
    soon, core then os since os will be harder. I wanted a better idea how other
    courses were in different areas.

    somebody®, Sep 22, 2003