    to suck more money out of folks who want to work in the it industry. I
    mean help desk? Home installation? Is this not a money sucking
    proliferation?
    MF, Nov 18, 2006

  2. MF

    JohnO Guest

    MF wrote:
    > The lack of activity in this group would seem to indicate a lack of pursuit
    > of the cert.
    >
    > What do you all think about that?

    Despite participating in usenet since 95 or so, I didn't find this
    group until about a year ago, apparently well past its heyday. A lot of
    the groups I used to participate in are smaller today, in part because
    many ISPs don't carry usenet and because AOL dumped it. If you want to
    learn about the technology go to other groups, they're everywhere.

    > Comptia's addition of _more_ certs seems to indicate that. And an attempt
    > to suck more money out of folks who want to work in the it industry. I
    > mean help desk? Home installation? Is this not a money sucking
    > proliferation?

    Is CompTIA trying to make money? Absolutely. Are they serving their
    membership? Absolutely. And that's who they really listen to when it
    comes to their certs. Every cert serves some significant section of
    their membership, even HTI+ and RFID+.

    As far as A+ is concerned, there's no doubt that the recent changes are
    intended to serve BOTH interests. I'd guess that at some point there
    was a big disagreement between member types about this new A+ when they
    were proposing the update...the members who run big depot repair
    centers complained about the customer service stuff, and the non-IT
    companies and help desk companies demanded it. The only way to solve
    that is with what we see now. Whether this will work or not--in the
    long run--is yet to be determined. I'm not convinced this structure
    will survive until the next scheduled update, and that maybe they'll
    use Vista as an excuse to go back to the old OS/hardware approach.
    Plus, I've seen their internal interests get higher priority than
    membership interests, and that could have played a role as well. So
    we'll see.

    In the meantime, nobody says you need to take any more exams than you
    needed to take in 1997. :)

    -John O
    JohnO, Nov 18, 2006

  3. MF

    JohnO Guest

    Discount Certs Online wrote:
    > this is the easy fix i promise
    >

    > http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZldbb2<snip>

    Hey certguard....do you want to report this idiot to CompTIA or should
    I?

    -John O
    JohnO, Nov 27, 2006
  4. MF

    JohnO Guest

    CertGuard wrote:
    > "JohnO" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Discount Certs Online wrote:
    > >> this is the easy fix i promise
    > >>

    > >> http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZldbb2<snip>

    > > Hey certguard....do you want to report this idiot to CompTIA or should
    > > I?
    > >
    > > -John O
    > >

    > John, if you'd take the time to follow the link, as I did, you would would
    > have found a few things out. #1, the material has already been removed. #2,
    > the User isn't even registered any more. So, that tells me that this moron
    > is trying to pass off an OLD link (I know, because I've seen it before). It
    > wasn't even his.
    >
    > BUT, because he wasn't smart enough to conceal his IP Address, I've got him
    > in my black list and his information will be added to the information that I
    > have about the other morons that are trying to push braindumps.
    >
    > Once I can find some SOLID evidence that this guy is actually cheating, I
    > will pass all information on to CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco, and every other
    > Certification Vendor that I know.

    That link and the auction was live when he posted. It was removed
    within a couple hours after I sent a related sale to a friend at
    CompTIA.

    In case anyone else is listening, CompTIA takes this crap seriously.
    They have won judgements against cheaters and CompTIA owns these fool's
    houses now. I'm not making this up.

    -John O
    JohnO, Dec 4, 2006